May 8, 1927 - July 27, 2012
Mr. Guy John Tunnell, 85, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Friday evening, July 27, 2012 at Eagle Point Health and Rehabilitation Center, Clinton, Iowa.
He was born May 8, 1927 in Mystic, Iowa, to Guy Dudley and Sylvia (Lee) Tunnell. Guy served in the Army during World War II. On September 10, 1949, he was united in marriage to Beatrice Middleton in Milan, Illinois. Guy was employed at Mississippi Engineering, Inc., Grand Mound, Iowa, staring in 1949, and later became a partner in the business from 1971 until his retirement in 1997. Beatrice preceded Guy in death on April 3, 1997.
Guy was a longtime and active member of the Masonic Lodge, for which he served as a district lecturer, and was also active in Eastern Star. He enjoyed cards, golfing, motorcycle endurance racing and spending time with his family. A big part of Guy’s life was spent helping others, which was very important to him.
Surviving are a daughter, Susan Droste of Jesup, Georgia, grandchildren, Jamie Tunnell Bents and her husband, Mike of Oak Park, Illinois; Mike Tunnell of Lakemoor, Illinois; Ashley Droste of Clinton, Iowa, and Lucas Droste of Fulton, Illinois; a great-grandson, Louis Bents; a brother, Joe Tunnell of Sun City West, Arizona; a sister, Judith Miller and her husband, Dennis of Plano, Iowa; a daughter-in-law, Sherrie (Mrs. Allen) Menneke of DeWitt; a sister-in-law, Cozette Tunnell of Washington State; nieces and nephews.
In addition to his wife, Guy was preceded in death by a son, Randy in 2001; brothers, Charles, Glen and Jim and an infant sister.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 5:00 until 7:00 p.m. Monday, July 30, 2012, with a Masonic Service at 6:30 p.m. A service in celebration of Guy’s life will be held at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, July 31, 2012, in the Funeral Home with Pastor Chuck Kelsey presiding. Burial and military rites will be held at Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt.
Condolences are welcomed and a photo tribute may be viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
May 8, 1927 - July 27, 2012
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines