May 8, 1927 - July 27, 2012
Mr. Guy John Tunnell, 85, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Friday evening, July 27, 2012 at Eagle Point Health and Rehabilitation Center, Clinton, Iowa.
He was born May 8, 1927 in Mystic, Iowa, to Guy Dudley and Sylvia (Lee) Tunnell. Guy served in the Army during World War II. On September 10, 1949, he was united in marriage to Beatrice Middleton in Milan, Illinois. Guy was employed at Mississippi Engineering, Inc., Grand Mound, Iowa, staring in 1949, and later became a partner in the business from 1971 until his retirement in 1997. Beatrice preceded Guy in death on April 3, 1997.
Guy was a longtime and active member of the Masonic Lodge, for which he served as a district lecturer, and was also active in Eastern Star. He enjoyed cards, golfing, motorcycle endurance racing and spending time with his family. A big part of Guy’s life was spent helping others, which was very important to him.
Surviving are a daughter, Susan Droste of Jesup, Georgia, grandchildren, Jamie Tunnell Bents and her husband, Mike of Oak Park, Illinois; Mike Tunnell of Lakemoor, Illinois; Ashley Droste of Clinton, Iowa, and Lucas Droste of Fulton, Illinois; a great-grandson, Louis Bents; a brother, Joe Tunnell of Sun City West, Arizona; a sister, Judith Miller and her husband, Dennis of Plano, Iowa; a daughter-in-law, Sherrie (Mrs. Allen) Menneke of DeWitt; a sister-in-law, Cozette Tunnell of Washington State; nieces and nephews.
In addition to his wife, Guy was preceded in death by a son, Randy in 2001; brothers, Charles, Glen and Jim and an infant sister.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 5:00 until 7:00 p.m. Monday, July 30, 2012, with a Masonic Service at 6:30 p.m. A service in celebration of Guy’s life will be held at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, July 31, 2012, in the Funeral Home with Pastor Chuck Kelsey presiding. Burial and military rites will be held at Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt.
Condolences are welcomed and a photo tribute may be viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
May 8, 1927 - July 27, 2012
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines