May 8, 1927 - July 27, 2012
Mr. Guy John Tunnell, 85, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Friday evening, July 27, 2012 at Eagle Point Health and Rehabilitation Center, Clinton, Iowa.
He was born May 8, 1927 in Mystic, Iowa, to Guy Dudley and Sylvia (Lee) Tunnell. Guy served in the Army during World War II. On September 10, 1949, he was united in marriage to Beatrice Middleton in Milan, Illinois. Guy was employed at Mississippi Engineering, Inc., Grand Mound, Iowa, staring in 1949, and later became a partner in the business from 1971 until his retirement in 1997. Beatrice preceded Guy in death on April 3, 1997.
Guy was a longtime and active member of the Masonic Lodge, for which he served as a district lecturer, and was also active in Eastern Star. He enjoyed cards, golfing, motorcycle endurance racing and spending time with his family. A big part of Guy’s life was spent helping others, which was very important to him.
Surviving are a daughter, Susan Droste of Jesup, Georgia, grandchildren, Jamie Tunnell Bents and her husband, Mike of Oak Park, Illinois; Mike Tunnell of Lakemoor, Illinois; Ashley Droste of Clinton, Iowa, and Lucas Droste of Fulton, Illinois; a great-grandson, Louis Bents; a brother, Joe Tunnell of Sun City West, Arizona; a sister, Judith Miller and her husband, Dennis of Plano, Iowa; a daughter-in-law, Sherrie (Mrs. Allen) Menneke of DeWitt; a sister-in-law, Cozette Tunnell of Washington State; nieces and nephews.
In addition to his wife, Guy was preceded in death by a son, Randy in 2001; brothers, Charles, Glen and Jim and an infant sister.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 5:00 until 7:00 p.m. Monday, July 30, 2012, with a Masonic Service at 6:30 p.m. A service in celebration of Guy’s life will be held at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, July 31, 2012, in the Funeral Home with Pastor Chuck Kelsey presiding. Burial and military rites will be held at Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt.
Condolences are welcomed and a photo tribute may be viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
May 8, 1927 - July 27, 2012
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Robert J. Wolf Sr. Robert J. Wolf Sr. Sept. 26, 1935 - April 13, 2014 ELDRIDGE -- Funeral services and Mass of Christian Burial for Robert J. Wolf, Sr., 78, a resident of Eldridge, Iowa will be 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at Our Lady of the River Catholic Chur
- Sarena Dickey Weyeneth Sarena Dickey Weyeneth Jan. 13, 1923 - April 9, 2014 ROANOKE, Ill. -- Sarena Dickey Weyeneth, 91, formerly of Roanoke, Illinois, died peacefully in her sleep at the Robin Johnson Hospice House in Dallas, North Carolina at 9:29p.m. on Wednesday, April
- Dolores Mae Struve Dolores Mae Struve May 1, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Dolores Mae Struve, age 82, of Clinton, died Saturday Apr. 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, Apr. 16th, at St. Joh
- Virginia M. A. Petersen Virginia M. A. Petersen Oct. 27, 1910 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Virginia M. A. Petersen, 103, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the Alverno. Graveside Services will be 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- More Obituaries Headlines