March 5, 1967 - Oct. 2, 2012
Kirk Allen Kempter, age 45, of Camanche, Iowa, previously of Sabula, Iowa, died Tuesday, October 2, 2012, as the result of a motorcycle accident.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Friday, October 5, at the Calvary Lutheran Church, Sabula. Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, October 4, at the Calvary Lutheran Church, Sabula. Memorials may be to Kirk’s favorite charitable bike rallys at 5113 600th Avenue, Sabula, Iowa 52070. Condolences and tributes may be shared at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Kirk was born March 5, 1967, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Jack and Sandra (Brundage) Kempter. He is a graduate of East Central High School with the class of 1985. In his school years, Kirk enjoyed High School Rodeo, showing horses, 4-H, playing football and working with livestock. After high school, he worked for Wick Builders, then owned and operated TJK Trucking, hauling granite, limestone and livestock. For the last seven years, Kirk has worked as a brakeman for the Union Pacific Railroad.
Kirk loved the time he spent with family, especially his son, Tyler. He enjoyed motorcycling with his friends and supporting charitable rallys. Cooking for family and friends was a passion he enjoyed. Many friends knew Kirk as “Tator.” He was a member of the Calvary Lutheran Church and the United Transportation Union.
Kirk is survived by his son, Tyler; parents, Jack and Sandra Kempter; his brother, Kevin; and grandmother, Isabelle “Izzy” Brundage, all of Sabula; along with several aunts, uncles and cousins.
Kirk is preceded in death by his maternal grandfather, Bob Brundage, and his paternal grandparents, Jack and Gladys Kempter.
Death date: Oct. 2, 2012
March 5, 1967 - Oct. 2, 2012
- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, died Thursday, at her home. Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory with Rev. Chris Minor-Heilig officiating. Burial will be in
- Robert Petersen Clinton Robert Petersen Robert Petersen, 84, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Leslie C. Chandler Clinton Leslie C. Chandler Leslie C. Chandler, 89, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes South Chapel.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, died Wednesday, Mercy Medical Center North. A funeral Mass will be 1 p.m. Saturday at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial visitation will be Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Clint
- Carl Junior Anderson Carl Junior Anderson Oct. 19, 2013 - Dec. 5, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Carl Junior Anderson loved his country, veterans and collecting and shooting his guns. He died at age 73 in Thomson, Illinois, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at his home surrounded by hi
- Madonna Finch Clinton Madonna Finch Madonna Finch, 80, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Nora Glazier LYNDON, Ill. -- Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the Morrison Chapel of the
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- More Obituaries Headlines