Feb. 17, 1937 - Oct. 5, 2012
Velma Mae Mangler, age 75, of Sabula, Iowa, died on Friday, October 5, 2012, surrounded by her loving family at the Mill Valley Nursing Home, Bellevue, Iowa.
A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, October 9, 2012, at the Calvary Lutheran Church, Sabula. Burial will take place in the Evergreen Cemetery, Sabula. A visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday, October 7, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna, Illinois. A memorial fund has been established in Velma’s memory. Online condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Velma was born on February 17, 1937, the daughter of Charlie and Beulah (Henricksen) Petersen near Elk River in Clinton, County. She attended Sabula High School and graduated with the class of 1955. Velma was united in marriage to Albert “Perg” Mangler on September 5, 1955, in the United Methodist Church, Sabula.
Velma was an office manager and secretary for Products Unlimited in Sabula for several years. She also worked for American Xyrofin in Thomson, Illinois, and the Sabula Telephone Company. In her younger years, Velma waited tables at Dominic and Maria’s in Savanna. Velma was a member of Sabula American Legion Auxiliary, the Savanna Women of the Moose and the Women’s United Transportation Union. She enjoyed attending her grandchildren’s sporting events, shopping and eating out with family and friends.
Velma will be dearly missed by her husband, Albert “Perg” Mangler, of Sabula; five children, Deb (Don) Thayer of Sabula, Penny (Scott) Sullivan of Davenport, Iowa, Todd (Karen) Mangler of Clinton, Iowa, Becky (Bob) Decker of Garrison, Iowa, and Rockie (Michele) Mangler of Savanna, Illinois; eleven grandchildren, James, Angie (Adam), April, Audrey, Kayla (Eli), Nick, Collin, Jacob, Ethan, Grant and Avery; six great-grandchildren, Kadin, Kyson, Carter, Troy, Ella and Kali.
Velma was preceded in death by three brothers and two sisters.
Death date: Oct. 5, 2012
Feb. 17, 1937 - Oct. 5, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines