Feb. 17, 1937 - Oct. 5, 2012
Velma Mae Mangler, age 75, of Sabula, Iowa, died on Friday, October 5, 2012, surrounded by her loving family at the Mill Valley Nursing Home, Bellevue, Iowa.
A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, October 9, 2012, at the Calvary Lutheran Church, Sabula. Burial will take place in the Evergreen Cemetery, Sabula. A visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday, October 7, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna, Illinois. A memorial fund has been established in Velma’s memory. Online condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Velma was born on February 17, 1937, the daughter of Charlie and Beulah (Henricksen) Petersen near Elk River in Clinton, County. She attended Sabula High School and graduated with the class of 1955. Velma was united in marriage to Albert “Perg” Mangler on September 5, 1955, in the United Methodist Church, Sabula.
Velma was an office manager and secretary for Products Unlimited in Sabula for several years. She also worked for American Xyrofin in Thomson, Illinois, and the Sabula Telephone Company. In her younger years, Velma waited tables at Dominic and Maria’s in Savanna. Velma was a member of Sabula American Legion Auxiliary, the Savanna Women of the Moose and the Women’s United Transportation Union. She enjoyed attending her grandchildren’s sporting events, shopping and eating out with family and friends.
Velma will be dearly missed by her husband, Albert “Perg” Mangler, of Sabula; five children, Deb (Don) Thayer of Sabula, Penny (Scott) Sullivan of Davenport, Iowa, Todd (Karen) Mangler of Clinton, Iowa, Becky (Bob) Decker of Garrison, Iowa, and Rockie (Michele) Mangler of Savanna, Illinois; eleven grandchildren, James, Angie (Adam), April, Audrey, Kayla (Eli), Nick, Collin, Jacob, Ethan, Grant and Avery; six great-grandchildren, Kadin, Kyson, Carter, Troy, Ella and Kali.
Velma was preceded in death by three brothers and two sisters.
Death date: Oct. 5, 2012
Feb. 17, 1937 - Oct. 5, 2012
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines