MORRISON, Ill. —
Dec. 6, 1946 - Nov. 18, 2012
William P. “Bill” Witt, 65, of Morrison, died Sunday, November 18, 2012, at his home.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at Emmanuel Reformed Church in Morrison with the Rev. Jeff McIlrath, pastor of Emmanuel Reformed Church in Morrison, officiating. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, November 20, 2012, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison.
Memorials may be made to Emmanuel Reformed Church, Morrison, and the American Cancer Society.
He was born December 6, 1946, in Clinton, Iowa, to Arthur and Marian (Butzbach) Witt.
Bill was educated in the Irving Grade School, Washington Junior High School and was a 1965 graduate of Clinton High School, Clinton, Iowa. Bill received an associate degree from Clinton Community College.
He married Deborah K. Bush on June 5, 1982, in Morrison; she survives.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy serving in the Vietnam War.
Bill was employed as a firefighter for the Clinton Fire Department. Most recently he was employed as a maintenance supervisor with LyondellBasell in Clinton before retiring in April 2007.
Bill was a member of Emmanuel Reformed Church in Morrison and served as deacon. He served as a member of the Morrison School Board. Bill enjoyed bowling, coaching baseball and softball and attending his grandchildren’s school and sporting events.
Survivors include his wife, Deb; two daughters, Shelly (Boone) Brackemyer of Morrison and Susie Ottens of Morrison; two sons, Todd (Pamela) Witt of Charlotte, NC, and Shane Witt of Chicago; eight grandchildren: Jason and Dylon Smith, Joey and Ben Brackemyer; Britt and T.C. Ottens; Priscilla and Nolan Witt; and one brother, Robert (Deb) Witt of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one son-in-law, Corey Ottens.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Nov. 18, 2012
MORRISON, Ill. —
Dec. 6, 1946 - Nov. 18, 2012
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines