MORRISON, Ill. —
Dec. 6, 1946 - Nov. 18, 2012
William P. “Bill” Witt, 65, of Morrison, died Sunday, November 18, 2012, at his home.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at Emmanuel Reformed Church in Morrison with the Rev. Jeff McIlrath, pastor of Emmanuel Reformed Church in Morrison, officiating. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, November 20, 2012, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison.
Memorials may be made to Emmanuel Reformed Church, Morrison, and the American Cancer Society.
He was born December 6, 1946, in Clinton, Iowa, to Arthur and Marian (Butzbach) Witt.
Bill was educated in the Irving Grade School, Washington Junior High School and was a 1965 graduate of Clinton High School, Clinton, Iowa. Bill received an associate degree from Clinton Community College.
He married Deborah K. Bush on June 5, 1982, in Morrison; she survives.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy serving in the Vietnam War.
Bill was employed as a firefighter for the Clinton Fire Department. Most recently he was employed as a maintenance supervisor with LyondellBasell in Clinton before retiring in April 2007.
Bill was a member of Emmanuel Reformed Church in Morrison and served as deacon. He served as a member of the Morrison School Board. Bill enjoyed bowling, coaching baseball and softball and attending his grandchildren’s school and sporting events.
Survivors include his wife, Deb; two daughters, Shelly (Boone) Brackemyer of Morrison and Susie Ottens of Morrison; two sons, Todd (Pamela) Witt of Charlotte, NC, and Shane Witt of Chicago; eight grandchildren: Jason and Dylon Smith, Joey and Ben Brackemyer; Britt and T.C. Ottens; Priscilla and Nolan Witt; and one brother, Robert (Deb) Witt of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one son-in-law, Corey Ottens.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Nov. 18, 2012
MORRISON, Ill. —
Dec. 6, 1946 - Nov. 18, 2012
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines