Aug. 23, 1938 - Nov. 17, 2012
Margaret “Peg” Carber-Baughman-Roman, 74, of Clinton, died at the home of her daughter on Saturday, November 17, 2012, surrounded by her loving family.
Services will be 5 p.m. Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Visitation will be from 3 p.m. to the service time Wednesday at the funeral home. Following the services, the body will be cremated. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Margaret Frances Carber was born on August 23, 1938, in Eldridge, Iowa, the daughter of Russell and Lelia (Lebarge) Carber. As a young girl she grew up in the McCausland area before moving to Camanche.
Peg was retired from the Kwik Star on the northend of Clinton after 12 years.
Peg enjoyed life, loving to listen to country music, visiting the casino, playing bingo and dancing. She especially enjoyed spending time with her family.
Peg is survived by three daughters, Ollie Bray of Clinton, Tonya Baughman of Arkansas and Ellen (Brian) Bouchard of Clinton, and a granddaughter that she raised as a daughter, Brigitte Baughman of Clinton; 8 grandchildren, 3 great-grandchildren; four sisters, Reba Anderson, Thelma Ehredt and Pat Hendircks all of Bettendorf and Connie (Dale) Baughman of Wisconsin; and several nieces and nephews.
Peg was preceded in death by her parents; one son, Larry Baughman; and a brother, Larry Carber.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Death date: Nov. 17, 2012
Aug. 23, 1938 - Nov. 17, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines