July 7, 1935 - Nov. 19, 2012
Peggy Reuter, 77, of Calamus, Iowa, died at home Monday afternoon, November 19, 2012.
Peggy was born Irmgard Elizabeth Gottschalk on July 7, 1935, in Danzig, Germany, to Ernest and Maria Gottschalk. She was united in marriage to Richard Reuter, then of Preston, Iowa, on December 11, 1957, in Schwäbisch Hall, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, while he served in the Army. The couple returned to the United States in 1958. She was an Army wife and homemaker, living on various bases, until Richard’s retirement in 1976, at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, where they remained until moving to Calamus in October of 1980. Peggy became an American citizen in 1960 while living in Oklahoma.
She was a member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. Peggy enjoyed cooking, gardening and flowers. She also had a great love for animals.
She is survived by her husband of nearly 55 years, nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, brothers, a sister, and her two long-haired dachshunds, Heidi and Nicole.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 2 until 5 p.m. Sunday, November 25, 2012. The funeral liturgy will be will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, November 26, 2012, at Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. The Reverend Father William Kneemiller will officiate. Interment will be at Rock Island National Cemetery at a later date. Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 19, 2012
July 7, 1935 - Nov. 19, 2012
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines