July 7, 1935 - Nov. 19, 2012
Peggy Reuter, 77, of Calamus, Iowa, died at home Monday afternoon, November 19, 2012.
Peggy was born Irmgard Elizabeth Gottschalk on July 7, 1935, in Danzig, Germany, to Ernest and Maria Gottschalk. She was united in marriage to Richard Reuter, then of Preston, Iowa, on December 11, 1957, in Schwäbisch Hall, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, while he served in the Army. The couple returned to the United States in 1958. She was an Army wife and homemaker, living on various bases, until Richard’s retirement in 1976, at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, where they remained until moving to Calamus in October of 1980. Peggy became an American citizen in 1960 while living in Oklahoma.
She was a member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. Peggy enjoyed cooking, gardening and flowers. She also had a great love for animals.
She is survived by her husband of nearly 55 years, nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, brothers, a sister, and her two long-haired dachshunds, Heidi and Nicole.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 2 until 5 p.m. Sunday, November 25, 2012. The funeral liturgy will be will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, November 26, 2012, at Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. The Reverend Father William Kneemiller will officiate. Interment will be at Rock Island National Cemetery at a later date. Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 19, 2012
July 7, 1935 - Nov. 19, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines