July 7, 1935 - Nov. 19, 2012
Peggy Reuter, 77, of Calamus, Iowa, died at home Monday afternoon, November 19, 2012.
Peggy was born Irmgard Elizabeth Gottschalk on July 7, 1935, in Danzig, Germany, to Ernest and Maria Gottschalk. She was united in marriage to Richard Reuter, then of Preston, Iowa, on December 11, 1957, in Schwäbisch Hall, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, while he served in the Army. The couple returned to the United States in 1958. She was an Army wife and homemaker, living on various bases, until Richard’s retirement in 1976, at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, where they remained until moving to Calamus in October of 1980. Peggy became an American citizen in 1960 while living in Oklahoma.
She was a member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. Peggy enjoyed cooking, gardening and flowers. She also had a great love for animals.
She is survived by her husband of nearly 55 years, nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, brothers, a sister, and her two long-haired dachshunds, Heidi and Nicole.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 2 until 5 p.m. Sunday, November 25, 2012. The funeral liturgy will be will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, November 26, 2012, at Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. The Reverend Father William Kneemiller will officiate. Interment will be at Rock Island National Cemetery at a later date. Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 19, 2012
July 7, 1935 - Nov. 19, 2012
- Yvonne H. Lanagan Hunter Yvonne H. Lanagan Hunter 1921 - Dec. 2, 2013 SALT LAKE CITY -- Yvonne H. Lanagan Hunter, known to a generation of Webster Groves, Mo., and Chicago-area high school students as an inspirational and demanding English teacher and journalism advisor, di
- Ida Mae Balk MORRISON, Ill. -- Ida Mae Balk, 92, of Morrison, formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday, at Resthave Nursing Home in Morrison. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. Visit
- Charles L. Allen Maquoketa Charles L. Allen Charles L. Allen, 89, of Maquoketa, died Wednesday, at his home in Maquoketa. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Paul F. Christian Mount Carroll, Ill. Paul F. Christian Paul F. Christian, 54, of Mount Carroll, formerly of Pinole, Calif., died Tuesday, at Morrison Community Hospital. Arrangements are pending at the Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mt. Carroll.
- Lisa Snodgrass Maquoketa Lisa Snodgrass Lisa Snodgrass, 52, of Oxford Junction, died Wednesday, at her home. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Harriet Pessman Wierema PHOENIX -- Harriet Pessman Wierema, 94, of Phoenix, died Sunday, in Phoenix. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held Dec. 28 in Phoenix. The Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home will be assisting the family w
- Kathryn Faye Patch Mount Carroll, Ill. Kathryn Faye Patch Kathryn Faye Patch, 65, of Mount Carroll, died Wednesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll.
- Charles R. "Charlie" McMahon Charles R. "Charlie" McMahon Oct. 25, 1927 - Dec. 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Charles R. "Charlie" McMahon, age 86, of Clinton, passed away Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North. In following his wishes cremation rites have been accorded.
- John Mark Maddy John Mark Maddy March 17, 1950 - Dec. 13, 2013 GHENT, Ky. -- John Mark Maddy, 63 of Ghent Kentucky, formerly of Clinton Iowa, passed away December 13, 2013. He was a loving husband, an amazing father, a caring brother, proud grandpa and trusted frie
- David "Dave" Brinkmeier Savanna, Ill. David "Dave" Brinkmeier David "Dave" Brinkmeier, 62 of Savanna, died Wednesday, at his home. Arrangements are pending at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- More Obituaries Headlines