July 7, 1935 - Nov. 19, 2012
Peggy Reuter, 77, of Calamus, Iowa, died at home Monday afternoon, November 19, 2012.
Peggy was born Irmgard Elizabeth Gottschalk on July 7, 1935, in Danzig, Germany, to Ernest and Maria Gottschalk. She was united in marriage to Richard Reuter, then of Preston, Iowa, on December 11, 1957, in Schwäbisch Hall, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, while he served in the Army. The couple returned to the United States in 1958. She was an Army wife and homemaker, living on various bases, until Richard’s retirement in 1976, at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, where they remained until moving to Calamus in October of 1980. Peggy became an American citizen in 1960 while living in Oklahoma.
She was a member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. Peggy enjoyed cooking, gardening and flowers. She also had a great love for animals.
She is survived by her husband of nearly 55 years, nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, brothers, a sister, and her two long-haired dachshunds, Heidi and Nicole.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 2 until 5 p.m. Sunday, November 25, 2012. The funeral liturgy will be will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, November 26, 2012, at Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. The Reverend Father William Kneemiller will officiate. Interment will be at Rock Island National Cemetery at a later date. Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 19, 2012
July 7, 1935 - Nov. 19, 2012
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines