FULTON, Ill. —
Aug. 14, 1911 - Nov. 20, 2012
Arthur Kramer, 101, of Fulton, died Tuesday, November 20, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Saturday, November 24, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. The Rev. Edie Lenz, pastor of First Reformed Church in Fulton, officiating. Visitation will be from noon until the time of the funeral service Saturday, November 24, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to First Reformed Church in Fulton.
He was born August 14, 1911, in Garden Plain (Fulton), Ill., to Henry and Katie (Decker) Kramer.
Art was educated in the rural Whiteside County grade schools.
He married Ella A. Pessman on December 17, 1965, in Morrison, Ill.; she survives.
Art engaged in farming in the rural Fulton/Garden Plain area.
Art was a member of First Reformed Church, Fulton, and the church’s Men’s Society. He also was a member of the Whiteside County Farm Bureau.
Art enjoyed talking about farming and doing jigsaw and word puzzles. He was an avid sports fan and enjoyed watching all sports on TV, especially the Cubs.
Survivors include his wife, Ella; one brother, Marvin Kramer of Fulton; 14 nieces: Sharon (Merle) Reisenbigler of Morrison, IL; Joan Hook of Morrison, IL; Sandy (Larry) Senior of Fulton, IL; Lois (Steven) Andrews of Ocean Port, NJ; Vi Jones of Phoenix, AZ; Betty Martin of Phoenix, AZ; Ellen (Carl) Smith of Goodyear, AZ; Carol (John) Ledger of Peoria, AZ; Marie Wiersema of Peoria, AZ; Linda (Jim) Robbins of Rock Falls, IL; Lorna Witherow of Lyndon, IL; Sherri Argraves of Sterling; Joanne (Warren) Musser of Sterling, IL; and Lois (Steve) Andrews of Oceanport, NJ; six nephews: Arlyn (Jane) Pessman of Morrison, IL; Gary (Lisa) Kramer of Fulton, IL; Wayne (Ruth) Kramer of Orange City, IA; Ken Kramer of Clinton, Iowa; Harold Pessman of Rock Falls, IL; and Roger Pessman of Rock Falls, IL.
He was preceded in death by two brothers, Clarence Kramer and Elmer Kramer.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Nov. 20, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
Aug. 14, 1911 - Nov. 20, 2012
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines