March 12, 1944 - Nov. 19, 2012
Karen L. Shaw, 68, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away on Wednesday, November 19, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center, South campus.
Cremation rights have been accorded with a memorial service to be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, November 24, at Bethel AME Church, Clinton. Visitation will take place 1 hour prior to the funeral service from 1 to 2 p.m. at Bethel AME Church. Private burial will take place at a later date. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Karen was born March 12, 1944, in Dubuque, Iowa, the daughter of Raymond and Ruth (Johnson) Arnold. She attended Clinton High School. She married Johnie Shaw in 1977; he later passed away on December 7, 2003.
Karen was employed with International Paper for many years. Karen was a faithful member of Bethel AME Church and was a choir member; she loved music. She was an avid bowler and belonged to the 600 Club.
Karen is survived by two sisters, Stephanie Robinson of Palm Coast, FL, Marsha Rode of Palm Coast, FL; one brother, Vinson Culberson of DeWitt, IA; two aunts, Mrs. Meredith Burke of Savanna, IL, and Mrs. Lametta Wynn of Clinton, IA; with many nieces, nephews and lots of cousins.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband.
Memorials can be left to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 19, 2012
March 12, 1944 - Nov. 19, 2012
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines