March 12, 1944 - Nov. 19, 2012
Karen L. Shaw, 68, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away on Wednesday, November 19, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center, South campus.
Cremation rights have been accorded with a memorial service to be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, November 24, at Bethel AME Church, Clinton. Visitation will take place 1 hour prior to the funeral service from 1 to 2 p.m. at Bethel AME Church. Private burial will take place at a later date. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Karen was born March 12, 1944, in Dubuque, Iowa, the daughter of Raymond and Ruth (Johnson) Arnold. She attended Clinton High School. She married Johnie Shaw in 1977; he later passed away on December 7, 2003.
Karen was employed with International Paper for many years. Karen was a faithful member of Bethel AME Church and was a choir member; she loved music. She was an avid bowler and belonged to the 600 Club.
Karen is survived by two sisters, Stephanie Robinson of Palm Coast, FL, Marsha Rode of Palm Coast, FL; one brother, Vinson Culberson of DeWitt, IA; two aunts, Mrs. Meredith Burke of Savanna, IL, and Mrs. Lametta Wynn of Clinton, IA; with many nieces, nephews and lots of cousins.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband.
Memorials can be left to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 19, 2012
March 12, 1944 - Nov. 19, 2012
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines