March 12, 1944 - Nov. 19, 2012
Karen L. Shaw, 68, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away on Wednesday, November 19, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center, South campus.
Cremation rights have been accorded with a memorial service to be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, November 24, at Bethel AME Church, Clinton. Visitation will take place 1 hour prior to the funeral service from 1 to 2 p.m. at Bethel AME Church. Private burial will take place at a later date. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Karen was born March 12, 1944, in Dubuque, Iowa, the daughter of Raymond and Ruth (Johnson) Arnold. She attended Clinton High School. She married Johnie Shaw in 1977; he later passed away on December 7, 2003.
Karen was employed with International Paper for many years. Karen was a faithful member of Bethel AME Church and was a choir member; she loved music. She was an avid bowler and belonged to the 600 Club.
Karen is survived by two sisters, Stephanie Robinson of Palm Coast, FL, Marsha Rode of Palm Coast, FL; one brother, Vinson Culberson of DeWitt, IA; two aunts, Mrs. Meredith Burke of Savanna, IL, and Mrs. Lametta Wynn of Clinton, IA; with many nieces, nephews and lots of cousins.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband.
Memorials can be left to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 19, 2012
March 12, 1944 - Nov. 19, 2012
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines