Sept. 19, 1918 - Nov. 28, 2012
Julia M. Stevenson, 94, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, November 28, at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, December 1, at the Church of the Open Door, 816 13th Avenue North, Clinton. Visitation will be Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the church.
The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory is in charge of arrangements.
Julia was born on September 19, 1918, in Keokuk, Iowa, the daughter of William and Ada (Tinsley) Shallenberger. She was a graduate of Media High School in Media, Illinois. Julia was a homemaker and devoted member of the Church of the Open Door.
Julia married Loren F. Stevenson on December 21, 1938, in Nashua, Iowa. They were married for 60 years and had three sons, Donald , Martin and Rodney. She was preceded in death by her husband; two sons, Donald and Martin; her parents, four brothers and one sister.
Julia is survived by her son, Rodney and his wife, Karen, Stevenson of Madison Wisconsin; two daughters-in-law, Dottie (Martin) Stevenson of Lakeway, Texas, and Danna Spiro (Donald Stevenson) of High Point, North Carolina; eight grandchildren: Brian, Michael, Lisa, Carey, John, Brooke, David and Daniel; and 11 great-grandchildren.
Julia will be remembered for her wit, warmth, wisdom and Rummikub prowess.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to the Church of the Open Door.
Death date: Nov. 28, 2012
Sept. 19, 1918 - Nov. 28, 2012
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines