Sept. 19, 1918 - Nov. 28, 2012
Julia M. Stevenson, 94, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, November 28, at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, December 1, at the Church of the Open Door, 816 13th Avenue North, Clinton. Visitation will be Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the church.
The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory is in charge of arrangements.
Julia was born on September 19, 1918, in Keokuk, Iowa, the daughter of William and Ada (Tinsley) Shallenberger. She was a graduate of Media High School in Media, Illinois. Julia was a homemaker and devoted member of the Church of the Open Door.
Julia married Loren F. Stevenson on December 21, 1938, in Nashua, Iowa. They were married for 60 years and had three sons, Donald , Martin and Rodney. She was preceded in death by her husband; two sons, Donald and Martin; her parents, four brothers and one sister.
Julia is survived by her son, Rodney and his wife, Karen, Stevenson of Madison Wisconsin; two daughters-in-law, Dottie (Martin) Stevenson of Lakeway, Texas, and Danna Spiro (Donald Stevenson) of High Point, North Carolina; eight grandchildren: Brian, Michael, Lisa, Carey, John, Brooke, David and Daniel; and 11 great-grandchildren.
Julia will be remembered for her wit, warmth, wisdom and Rummikub prowess.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to the Church of the Open Door.
Death date: Nov. 28, 2012
Sept. 19, 1918 - Nov. 28, 2012
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- More Obituaries Headlines