Sept. 19, 1918 - Nov. 28, 2012
Julia M. Stevenson, 94, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, November 28, at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, December 1, at the Church of the Open Door, 816 13th Avenue North, Clinton. Visitation will be Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the church.
The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory is in charge of arrangements.
Julia was born on September 19, 1918, in Keokuk, Iowa, the daughter of William and Ada (Tinsley) Shallenberger. She was a graduate of Media High School in Media, Illinois. Julia was a homemaker and devoted member of the Church of the Open Door.
Julia married Loren F. Stevenson on December 21, 1938, in Nashua, Iowa. They were married for 60 years and had three sons, Donald , Martin and Rodney. She was preceded in death by her husband; two sons, Donald and Martin; her parents, four brothers and one sister.
Julia is survived by her son, Rodney and his wife, Karen, Stevenson of Madison Wisconsin; two daughters-in-law, Dottie (Martin) Stevenson of Lakeway, Texas, and Danna Spiro (Donald Stevenson) of High Point, North Carolina; eight grandchildren: Brian, Michael, Lisa, Carey, John, Brooke, David and Daniel; and 11 great-grandchildren.
Julia will be remembered for her wit, warmth, wisdom and Rummikub prowess.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to the Church of the Open Door.
Death date: Nov. 28, 2012
Sept. 19, 1918 - Nov. 28, 2012
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines