Sept. 19, 1918 - Nov. 28, 2012
Julia M. Stevenson, 94, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, November 28, at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, December 1, at the Church of the Open Door, 816 13th Avenue North, Clinton. Visitation will be Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the church.
The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory is in charge of arrangements.
Julia was born on September 19, 1918, in Keokuk, Iowa, the daughter of William and Ada (Tinsley) Shallenberger. She was a graduate of Media High School in Media, Illinois. Julia was a homemaker and devoted member of the Church of the Open Door.
Julia married Loren F. Stevenson on December 21, 1938, in Nashua, Iowa. They were married for 60 years and had three sons, Donald , Martin and Rodney. She was preceded in death by her husband; two sons, Donald and Martin; her parents, four brothers and one sister.
Julia is survived by her son, Rodney and his wife, Karen, Stevenson of Madison Wisconsin; two daughters-in-law, Dottie (Martin) Stevenson of Lakeway, Texas, and Danna Spiro (Donald Stevenson) of High Point, North Carolina; eight grandchildren: Brian, Michael, Lisa, Carey, John, Brooke, David and Daniel; and 11 great-grandchildren.
Julia will be remembered for her wit, warmth, wisdom and Rummikub prowess.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to the Church of the Open Door.
Death date: Nov. 28, 2012
Sept. 19, 1918 - Nov. 28, 2012
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines