Sept. 19, 1918 - Nov. 28, 2012
Julia M. Stevenson, 94, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, November 28, at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, December 1, at the Church of the Open Door, 816 13th Avenue North, Clinton. Visitation will be Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the church.
The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory is in charge of arrangements.
Julia was born on September 19, 1918, in Keokuk, Iowa, the daughter of William and Ada (Tinsley) Shallenberger. She was a graduate of Media High School in Media, Illinois. Julia was a homemaker and devoted member of the Church of the Open Door.
Julia married Loren F. Stevenson on December 21, 1938, in Nashua, Iowa. They were married for 60 years and had three sons, Donald , Martin and Rodney. She was preceded in death by her husband; two sons, Donald and Martin; her parents, four brothers and one sister.
Julia is survived by her son, Rodney and his wife, Karen, Stevenson of Madison Wisconsin; two daughters-in-law, Dottie (Martin) Stevenson of Lakeway, Texas, and Danna Spiro (Donald Stevenson) of High Point, North Carolina; eight grandchildren: Brian, Michael, Lisa, Carey, John, Brooke, David and Daniel; and 11 great-grandchildren.
Julia will be remembered for her wit, warmth, wisdom and Rummikub prowess.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to the Church of the Open Door.
Death date: Nov. 28, 2012
Sept. 19, 1918 - Nov. 28, 2012
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines