June 13, 1941 - Dec. 8, 2012
Sylvia B. Bartels, age 71, of Clinton, passed away Saturday Dec. 8, 2012, at her daughter’s home in Clinton.
Funeral services will be held 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 12, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be held Tuesday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be at St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Kenny Gradert, Dan and Peter Moraetes and Kory VanHorn.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Sylvia was born on June 13, 1941, in Munster, IN, the daughter of Martin and Lorene (Mills) Kriebs. She graduated from Clinton High School in 1959. She worked at the Mercy Medical Center, Clinton, in the cafeteria for many years before retiring. She enjoyed spending time with her twin grandchildren and taking care of her daughter, Christy.
Sylvia is survived by her three children, Dean (Cindy) Bartels of Charlotte, Sheryl (Dan) Moraetes of Bryant and Christy Bartels of Clinton; two twin grandchildren, Samuel and Abbigail; two sisters, Patricia Hudson of Coats, NC, and Judy (Ron) Nissen of Mount Morris, IL; a brother, George (Judy) Townsend of Sun Lakes, AZ; and special friends, Kandy Kane-Gradert, Pat Wenzel, and the cafeteria gang at Mercy Medical.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three sisters and two brothers.
Death date: Dec. 8, 2012
June 13, 1941 - Dec. 8, 2012
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines