June 13, 1941 - Dec. 8, 2012
Sylvia B. Bartels, age 71, of Clinton, passed away Saturday Dec. 8, 2012, at her daughter’s home in Clinton.
Funeral services will be held 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 12, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be held Tuesday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be at St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Kenny Gradert, Dan and Peter Moraetes and Kory VanHorn.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Sylvia was born on June 13, 1941, in Munster, IN, the daughter of Martin and Lorene (Mills) Kriebs. She graduated from Clinton High School in 1959. She worked at the Mercy Medical Center, Clinton, in the cafeteria for many years before retiring. She enjoyed spending time with her twin grandchildren and taking care of her daughter, Christy.
Sylvia is survived by her three children, Dean (Cindy) Bartels of Charlotte, Sheryl (Dan) Moraetes of Bryant and Christy Bartels of Clinton; two twin grandchildren, Samuel and Abbigail; two sisters, Patricia Hudson of Coats, NC, and Judy (Ron) Nissen of Mount Morris, IL; a brother, George (Judy) Townsend of Sun Lakes, AZ; and special friends, Kandy Kane-Gradert, Pat Wenzel, and the cafeteria gang at Mercy Medical.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three sisters and two brothers.
Death date: Dec. 8, 2012
June 13, 1941 - Dec. 8, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines