Richard Kent McKinney
June 25, 1938-Aug. 5, 2012
CLINTON — Richard Kent McKinney, 74, of Clinton, died Sunday, August 5, 2012, at his home in Clinton. Memorial services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, August 9, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
Richard K. McKinney was born June 25, 1938, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Richard Harvey and Juanita Belle (Jacobs) McKinney. He was a 1956 Clinton High School graduate. Richard married Elaine Macke-McKinney January 26, 2008, in Clinton.
He owned and operated Trade Winds for more than twenty years; he also worked at the Mississippi Belle Casino and Wild Rose Casino.
Richard enjoyed gardening, loved his animals, golfing and enjoyed playing the harmonica.
Survivors include his wife, Elaine, of Clinton; daughters, Dena (Dusty) McKinney-Miller of Ardmore, OK; Tracy (J.T.) Miley of Palm Coast, FL; son, Richard (Jaime) McKinney of Norman, OK; twelve grandchildren, five great-grandchildren; and brother, Steven McKinney of Summerfield, FL.
He was preceded in death by his parents and sister, Sheri Tomson.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Clinton Humane Society.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Aug. 5, 2012
Richard Kent McKinney
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines