June 13, 1963 - Feb. 10, 2013
Andrea Marie Griep, 49, formerly of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, February 10, 2013, at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois.
A service will be held at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, at 11 a.m. Saturday, February 16, 2013, with visitation one hour prior. Full military honors and interment will follow at Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt.
Andrea was born June 13, 1963, in Maquoketa, Iowa, to Thomas and Mona (Regenwether) Griep. She graduated from Central Community Schools in DeWitt and attended the University of Central Oklahoma with a degree in nursing.
Andrea had an extensive career in the military and healthcare field. Lieutenant Commander Griep, a nurse officer, was assigned as the Assistant Health Services Administrator at the Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center and retired February 1st from the United States Public Health Service. LCDR Griep joined the Army in Oct 1981 and later joined the USPHS as a Senior COSTEP in September of 1996 and came on Active Duty in November 1997 at Fort Worth, Texas. She also served at Terre Haute (2005-2007) and arrived in Chicago in Feb 2007 where she remained until her retirement.
Andrea was passionate about children and played an active role in charities dedicated to child trafficking and child abuse. She was commended for her supervisory ability and nursing skills and talents. Andrea was promoted quickly and made rank at 21 years of age, setting an army precedent.
Survivors include her mother and brother, Mona and Jeff Griep of DeWitt; aunts, uncles, and cousins; a close friend and caregiver, Dana Rodriquez of Chicago, as well as countless other friends.
Preceding Andrea in death were her father, grandparents and an uncle.
Condolences may be expressed and photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
What though the radiance which was once so bright be now for ever taken from my sight, Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower; We will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind... — Splendor in the Grass, 1961.
Death date: Feb. 10, 2013
June 13, 1963 - Feb. 10, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines