June 13, 1963 - Feb. 10, 2013
Andrea Marie Griep, 49, formerly of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, February 10, 2013, at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois.
A service will be held at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, at 11 a.m. Saturday, February 16, 2013, with visitation one hour prior. Full military honors and interment will follow at Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt.
Andrea was born June 13, 1963, in Maquoketa, Iowa, to Thomas and Mona (Regenwether) Griep. She graduated from Central Community Schools in DeWitt and attended the University of Central Oklahoma with a degree in nursing.
Andrea had an extensive career in the military and healthcare field. Lieutenant Commander Griep, a nurse officer, was assigned as the Assistant Health Services Administrator at the Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center and retired February 1st from the United States Public Health Service. LCDR Griep joined the Army in Oct 1981 and later joined the USPHS as a Senior COSTEP in September of 1996 and came on Active Duty in November 1997 at Fort Worth, Texas. She also served at Terre Haute (2005-2007) and arrived in Chicago in Feb 2007 where she remained until her retirement.
Andrea was passionate about children and played an active role in charities dedicated to child trafficking and child abuse. She was commended for her supervisory ability and nursing skills and talents. Andrea was promoted quickly and made rank at 21 years of age, setting an army precedent.
Survivors include her mother and brother, Mona and Jeff Griep of DeWitt; aunts, uncles, and cousins; a close friend and caregiver, Dana Rodriquez of Chicago, as well as countless other friends.
Preceding Andrea in death were her father, grandparents and an uncle.
Condolences may be expressed and photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
What though the radiance which was once so bright be now for ever taken from my sight, Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower; We will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind... — Splendor in the Grass, 1961.
Death date: Feb. 10, 2013
June 13, 1963 - Feb. 10, 2013
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines