June 13, 1963 - Feb. 10, 2013
Andrea Marie Griep, 49, formerly of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, February 10, 2013, at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois.
A service will be held at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, at 11 a.m. Saturday, February 16, 2013, with visitation one hour prior. Full military honors and interment will follow at Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt.
Andrea was born June 13, 1963, in Maquoketa, Iowa, to Thomas and Mona (Regenwether) Griep. She graduated from Central Community Schools in DeWitt and attended the University of Central Oklahoma with a degree in nursing.
Andrea had an extensive career in the military and healthcare field. Lieutenant Commander Griep, a nurse officer, was assigned as the Assistant Health Services Administrator at the Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center and retired February 1st from the United States Public Health Service. LCDR Griep joined the Army in Oct 1981 and later joined the USPHS as a Senior COSTEP in September of 1996 and came on Active Duty in November 1997 at Fort Worth, Texas. She also served at Terre Haute (2005-2007) and arrived in Chicago in Feb 2007 where she remained until her retirement.
Andrea was passionate about children and played an active role in charities dedicated to child trafficking and child abuse. She was commended for her supervisory ability and nursing skills and talents. Andrea was promoted quickly and made rank at 21 years of age, setting an army precedent.
Survivors include her mother and brother, Mona and Jeff Griep of DeWitt; aunts, uncles, and cousins; a close friend and caregiver, Dana Rodriquez of Chicago, as well as countless other friends.
Preceding Andrea in death were her father, grandparents and an uncle.
Condolences may be expressed and photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
What though the radiance which was once so bright be now for ever taken from my sight, Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower; We will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind... — Splendor in the Grass, 1961.
Death date: Feb. 10, 2013
June 13, 1963 - Feb. 10, 2013
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- Charles 'Charlie' L. Sexton Charles ‘Charlie’ L. SextonAug. 17, 1942 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — Charles “Charlie” L. Sexton, 71, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, July 18, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Cl
- Marjorie Behne WHEATLAND — Marjorie (Easton) Behne, 86, of Wheatland, died Friday at Wheatland Manor.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Schultz Funeral Home in Grand Mound. A service of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Christian Free
- More Obituaries Headlines