MORRISON, Ill. —
March 9, 1914 - Feb. 16, 2013
Lucille F. Nice, 98, of the Resthave Home in Morrison, died Saturday, February 16, 2013, at the home.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, February 20, 2013, at the Morrison United Methodist Church in Morrison. The Rev. Dan Schenck, pastor of the Morrison United Methodist Church, will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, February 19, 2013, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison.
Memorials may be made to Morrison United Methodist Church and the Resthave Nursing Home Auxiliary in Morrison.
She was born March 9, 1914, in Ustick Township, Ill., to William D. and Winnie (Milnes) Bechtel. She married Lyle W. Nice on January 19, 1933, in Morrison; he died August 29, 2003.
Lucille farmed with her husband in the rural Morrison area, she also volunteered at the Morrison Community Hospital in the gift shop. Lucille ran the culinary department at the Whiteside County Fair for many years.
Lucille was a great cook and loved to cook and bake for her family
She was a member of the Morrison United Methodist Church where she was active in the United Methodist Women’s Association and the church’s Friendly Circle.
Survivors include one daughter, Marjorie (Bob) Traum of Milledgeville, Ill.; one son, Elwyn (Shirley) Nice of Morrison; seven grandchildren: Susan (James) McKenzie, John (Laurie) Traum, David (Nicole) Traum, William Nice, Linda (Tim) McClung, Pamela Nice, Judy (Jeff) Meinsma; 13 great-grandchildren; three great-great-grandchildren; and one brother, Glenn (Rhea) Bechtel of Fulton, Ill.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Lyle; one brother, Everett Bechtel; sister-in-law, Carlene Bechtel.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Feb. 16, 2013
MORRISON, Ill. —
March 9, 1914 - Feb. 16, 2013
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines