Feb. 11, 1926 - March 17, 2013
Dr. Richard Dana Moore, 87, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center North Campus on March, 17, 2013.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, March 21, at Smith Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Richard was born February 11, 1926, in Battle Creek, Michigan, the son of Jay and Mae (Prine) Moore. He attended the Ann J. Kellogg School. He was a 1944 graduate of Battle Creek High School. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Olivet College in 1948. He was named a graduate assistant in the biology department at Olivet College for the 1948-1949 school year. In 1952, he earned his Master’s of Science degree from Michigan State University. He then went on to earn his Ph.D. from Michigan State University in 1956. While at Michigan State, he was an assistant in the department of anatomy. In 1955, he joined the faculty of Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, Texas where he taught student nurses enrolled at Hendrick Memorial Hospital in Abilene. Additionally at Hardin-Simmons he taught anatomy and physiology to science majors including pre-med classes. He left Hardin-Simmons in 1965 joining the faculty at Albright College in Reading, Pennsylvania. He then returned to Abilene, Texas to join the teaching staff at McMurry University and taught there until his retirement in 1991. In all, Dr. Moore taught at the Collegiate level for over 30 years. Dr. Moore is listed in the “Who’s Who” in American Education, additionally, he is a fellow in the Texas Academy of Science.
While in Abilene, Texas, he was a member of the Central Presbyterian Church.
After his retirement he moved to Clinton, Iowa. He loved classical music, reading and most of all — following the Detroit Tigers baseball team.
He is survived by his brother, Warren Moore of Battle Creek MI; two nieces; and his very close friends, Dr. Garry Land, his wife, Sandy, and their family.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Memorials can be made to the Richard Moore Endowment Scholarship at McMurry University, Box 938 Abilene, TX 79697.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 17, 2013
Feb. 11, 1926 - March 17, 2013
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- More Obituaries Headlines