Feb. 11, 1926 - March 17, 2013
Dr. Richard Dana Moore, 87, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center North Campus on March, 17, 2013.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, March 21, at Smith Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Richard was born February 11, 1926, in Battle Creek, Michigan, the son of Jay and Mae (Prine) Moore. He attended the Ann J. Kellogg School. He was a 1944 graduate of Battle Creek High School. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Olivet College in 1948. He was named a graduate assistant in the biology department at Olivet College for the 1948-1949 school year. In 1952, he earned his Master’s of Science degree from Michigan State University. He then went on to earn his Ph.D. from Michigan State University in 1956. While at Michigan State, he was an assistant in the department of anatomy. In 1955, he joined the faculty of Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, Texas where he taught student nurses enrolled at Hendrick Memorial Hospital in Abilene. Additionally at Hardin-Simmons he taught anatomy and physiology to science majors including pre-med classes. He left Hardin-Simmons in 1965 joining the faculty at Albright College in Reading, Pennsylvania. He then returned to Abilene, Texas to join the teaching staff at McMurry University and taught there until his retirement in 1991. In all, Dr. Moore taught at the Collegiate level for over 30 years. Dr. Moore is listed in the “Who’s Who” in American Education, additionally, he is a fellow in the Texas Academy of Science.
While in Abilene, Texas, he was a member of the Central Presbyterian Church.
After his retirement he moved to Clinton, Iowa. He loved classical music, reading and most of all — following the Detroit Tigers baseball team.
He is survived by his brother, Warren Moore of Battle Creek MI; two nieces; and his very close friends, Dr. Garry Land, his wife, Sandy, and their family.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Memorials can be made to the Richard Moore Endowment Scholarship at McMurry University, Box 938 Abilene, TX 79697.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 17, 2013
Feb. 11, 1926 - March 17, 2013
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- More Obituaries Headlines