Feb. 11, 1926 - March 17, 2013
Dr. Richard Dana Moore, 87, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center North Campus on March, 17, 2013.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, March 21, at Smith Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Richard was born February 11, 1926, in Battle Creek, Michigan, the son of Jay and Mae (Prine) Moore. He attended the Ann J. Kellogg School. He was a 1944 graduate of Battle Creek High School. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Olivet College in 1948. He was named a graduate assistant in the biology department at Olivet College for the 1948-1949 school year. In 1952, he earned his Master’s of Science degree from Michigan State University. He then went on to earn his Ph.D. from Michigan State University in 1956. While at Michigan State, he was an assistant in the department of anatomy. In 1955, he joined the faculty of Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, Texas where he taught student nurses enrolled at Hendrick Memorial Hospital in Abilene. Additionally at Hardin-Simmons he taught anatomy and physiology to science majors including pre-med classes. He left Hardin-Simmons in 1965 joining the faculty at Albright College in Reading, Pennsylvania. He then returned to Abilene, Texas to join the teaching staff at McMurry University and taught there until his retirement in 1991. In all, Dr. Moore taught at the Collegiate level for over 30 years. Dr. Moore is listed in the “Who’s Who” in American Education, additionally, he is a fellow in the Texas Academy of Science.
While in Abilene, Texas, he was a member of the Central Presbyterian Church.
After his retirement he moved to Clinton, Iowa. He loved classical music, reading and most of all — following the Detroit Tigers baseball team.
He is survived by his brother, Warren Moore of Battle Creek MI; two nieces; and his very close friends, Dr. Garry Land, his wife, Sandy, and their family.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Memorials can be made to the Richard Moore Endowment Scholarship at McMurry University, Box 938 Abilene, TX 79697.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 17, 2013
Feb. 11, 1926 - March 17, 2013
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines