July 3, 1926 - March 24, 2013
Anna May Mitchell, 86, of Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, died Sunday, March 24, 2013, at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Pastor Dennis Glew, associate pastor of the First United Methodist Church in Clinton, will officiate. Visitation will be from noon until the time of the service on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Lower York Cemetery in Thomson, Ill.
Memorials will be established.
She was born July 3, 1926, in Fulton, Ill., to Dick K. and Winnie (Balk) Wiebenga.
Anna was educated in the Fulton Christian School.
She married Lyle R. Mitchell on February 12, 1946, in Morrison, Ill.; he died October 29, 1979.
Anna was employed by Burpee Seed Company, Curtis Company, and Allied Steel, Clinton, Iowa. Most recently she was employed by General Electric in Morrison for 25 years, retiring in 1987.
Anna was a member of the Moose Club in Savanna, Ill. Anna enjoyed camping, reading, jigsaw puzzles, playing cards and bingo. She greatly enjoyed spending time with friends and family. Anna was an avid Cubs, Bears and Iowa Hawkeyes fan. She also was an Elvis Presley fan.
Survivors include four daughters: Donna (LaVerne) Schroeder of Fulton, Roberta (Lawrence) Vanderploeg of Fulton, Linda (Richard Sr.) VanKampen of Fulton and Leah Ann (Greg) Duncan of Camanche, Iowa; four sons: Raymond (Judy) Mitchell of Clinton, Iowa, Warren (Sharon) Mitchell of Clinton, Iowa, Leonard (Loretta) Mitchell of Fulton and Daniel (Roni) Mitchell of Fulton; twenty-four grandchildren; thirty-eight great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Sylvia Vegter of Morrison; one brother, Harvey Wiebenga of Clinton; one sister-in-law, Henrietta Wiebenga of Clinton; and many nieces and nephews.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Lyle; one son, William Mitchell; one sister, Rena Wiebenga; three brothers, George and Clarence L. Wiebenga and in infancy, Clarence W. Wiebenga.
Death date: March 24, 2013
July 3, 1926 - March 24, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines