July 3, 1926 - March 24, 2013
Anna May Mitchell, 86, of Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, died Sunday, March 24, 2013, at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Pastor Dennis Glew, associate pastor of the First United Methodist Church in Clinton, will officiate. Visitation will be from noon until the time of the service on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Lower York Cemetery in Thomson, Ill.
Memorials will be established.
She was born July 3, 1926, in Fulton, Ill., to Dick K. and Winnie (Balk) Wiebenga.
Anna was educated in the Fulton Christian School.
She married Lyle R. Mitchell on February 12, 1946, in Morrison, Ill.; he died October 29, 1979.
Anna was employed by Burpee Seed Company, Curtis Company, and Allied Steel, Clinton, Iowa. Most recently she was employed by General Electric in Morrison for 25 years, retiring in 1987.
Anna was a member of the Moose Club in Savanna, Ill. Anna enjoyed camping, reading, jigsaw puzzles, playing cards and bingo. She greatly enjoyed spending time with friends and family. Anna was an avid Cubs, Bears and Iowa Hawkeyes fan. She also was an Elvis Presley fan.
Survivors include four daughters: Donna (LaVerne) Schroeder of Fulton, Roberta (Lawrence) Vanderploeg of Fulton, Linda (Richard Sr.) VanKampen of Fulton and Leah Ann (Greg) Duncan of Camanche, Iowa; four sons: Raymond (Judy) Mitchell of Clinton, Iowa, Warren (Sharon) Mitchell of Clinton, Iowa, Leonard (Loretta) Mitchell of Fulton and Daniel (Roni) Mitchell of Fulton; twenty-four grandchildren; thirty-eight great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Sylvia Vegter of Morrison; one brother, Harvey Wiebenga of Clinton; one sister-in-law, Henrietta Wiebenga of Clinton; and many nieces and nephews.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Lyle; one son, William Mitchell; one sister, Rena Wiebenga; three brothers, George and Clarence L. Wiebenga and in infancy, Clarence W. Wiebenga.
Death date: March 24, 2013
July 3, 1926 - March 24, 2013
- Glen Whiting Glen Whiting Aug. 17, 1931 - Dec. 2, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Glen Whiting lived his life to care for his family, friends and country. He put them first, adhereing to the motto of his 2nd Infantry Battalion in Korea, "Second to None". At the age of 82,
- Zachary 'Zac' T. Isenhart CHADWICK, Ill. -- Zachary "Zac" T. Isenhart, 25, of Chadwick, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of life gathering will be held from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013 at the C
- Mickey Joe Hahn Mickey Joe Hahn April 16, 1950 - Dec. 2, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. - Mickey Joe Hahn, 63 of Morrison died Monday December 2, 2013 at Morrison Community Hospital. He was born on April 16, 1950 in Sterling, the son of Leonard and Mary (Miller) Hahn and was
- Jeane A. Housenga Jeane A. Housenga Dec. 20, 1935 - Nov. 23, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Jeane A. Housenga, 77, of Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, died Saturday, Nov. 23, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held
- Carl Huffman Maquoketa Carl Huffman Carl Huffman, 75, of Maqoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Sandra L. Jones Sandra L. Jones Dec. 6, 1955 - Dec. 2, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Sandra L. Jones, 57, of Fulton, died Monday, December 2, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, December 6, 2013 at the Albany Uni
- Harlo Henningsen Harlo Henningsen Jan. 19, 1959 - Dec. 1, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Harlo Henningsen, 54, of Bettendorf, died suddenly on Sunday, December 1, 2013 at Trinity Unity Point in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013
- Veronica C. Determan Veronica C. Determan July 8, 1917 - Dec. 3, 2013 PRESTON -- Veronica C. Determan, age 96, of Preston, Iowa died Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at the Alverno in Clinton, Iowa. A Funeral Mass will be held 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 6, 2013 at St. Joseph
- Alfonso "Al" Antonio Cantu Jr. ELIZABETH, Ill. -- Alfonso "Al" Antonio Cantu Jr., 74, of Mt. Carroll, Ill. died Saturday, at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, Peoria, Ill. A memorial service will be held 11 a.m. Saturday, at Law-Jones Funeral Home, 107 N. Main Street, Elizabeth. B
- Mary Knox Clinton Mary Knox Mary Knox, 85, of Clinton, died Tuesday, at The Alverno. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Home. Mary Knox
- More Obituaries Headlines