July 3, 1926 - March 24, 2013
Anna May Mitchell, 86, of Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, died Sunday, March 24, 2013, at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Pastor Dennis Glew, associate pastor of the First United Methodist Church in Clinton, will officiate. Visitation will be from noon until the time of the service on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Lower York Cemetery in Thomson, Ill.
Memorials will be established.
She was born July 3, 1926, in Fulton, Ill., to Dick K. and Winnie (Balk) Wiebenga.
Anna was educated in the Fulton Christian School.
She married Lyle R. Mitchell on February 12, 1946, in Morrison, Ill.; he died October 29, 1979.
Anna was employed by Burpee Seed Company, Curtis Company, and Allied Steel, Clinton, Iowa. Most recently she was employed by General Electric in Morrison for 25 years, retiring in 1987.
Anna was a member of the Moose Club in Savanna, Ill. Anna enjoyed camping, reading, jigsaw puzzles, playing cards and bingo. She greatly enjoyed spending time with friends and family. Anna was an avid Cubs, Bears and Iowa Hawkeyes fan. She also was an Elvis Presley fan.
Survivors include four daughters: Donna (LaVerne) Schroeder of Fulton, Roberta (Lawrence) Vanderploeg of Fulton, Linda (Richard Sr.) VanKampen of Fulton and Leah Ann (Greg) Duncan of Camanche, Iowa; four sons: Raymond (Judy) Mitchell of Clinton, Iowa, Warren (Sharon) Mitchell of Clinton, Iowa, Leonard (Loretta) Mitchell of Fulton and Daniel (Roni) Mitchell of Fulton; twenty-four grandchildren; thirty-eight great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Sylvia Vegter of Morrison; one brother, Harvey Wiebenga of Clinton; one sister-in-law, Henrietta Wiebenga of Clinton; and many nieces and nephews.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Lyle; one son, William Mitchell; one sister, Rena Wiebenga; three brothers, George and Clarence L. Wiebenga and in infancy, Clarence W. Wiebenga.
Death date: March 24, 2013
July 3, 1926 - March 24, 2013
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines