July 3, 1926 - March 24, 2013
Anna May Mitchell, 86, of Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, died Sunday, March 24, 2013, at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Pastor Dennis Glew, associate pastor of the First United Methodist Church in Clinton, will officiate. Visitation will be from noon until the time of the service on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Lower York Cemetery in Thomson, Ill.
Memorials will be established.
She was born July 3, 1926, in Fulton, Ill., to Dick K. and Winnie (Balk) Wiebenga.
Anna was educated in the Fulton Christian School.
She married Lyle R. Mitchell on February 12, 1946, in Morrison, Ill.; he died October 29, 1979.
Anna was employed by Burpee Seed Company, Curtis Company, and Allied Steel, Clinton, Iowa. Most recently she was employed by General Electric in Morrison for 25 years, retiring in 1987.
Anna was a member of the Moose Club in Savanna, Ill. Anna enjoyed camping, reading, jigsaw puzzles, playing cards and bingo. She greatly enjoyed spending time with friends and family. Anna was an avid Cubs, Bears and Iowa Hawkeyes fan. She also was an Elvis Presley fan.
Survivors include four daughters: Donna (LaVerne) Schroeder of Fulton, Roberta (Lawrence) Vanderploeg of Fulton, Linda (Richard Sr.) VanKampen of Fulton and Leah Ann (Greg) Duncan of Camanche, Iowa; four sons: Raymond (Judy) Mitchell of Clinton, Iowa, Warren (Sharon) Mitchell of Clinton, Iowa, Leonard (Loretta) Mitchell of Fulton and Daniel (Roni) Mitchell of Fulton; twenty-four grandchildren; thirty-eight great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Sylvia Vegter of Morrison; one brother, Harvey Wiebenga of Clinton; one sister-in-law, Henrietta Wiebenga of Clinton; and many nieces and nephews.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Lyle; one son, William Mitchell; one sister, Rena Wiebenga; three brothers, George and Clarence L. Wiebenga and in infancy, Clarence W. Wiebenga.
Death date: March 24, 2013
July 3, 1926 - March 24, 2013
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines