FULTON, Ill. —
Kathryn J. Doescher
Dec. 12, 1929 - March 22, 2013
Kathryn J. Doescher, 83, of Fulton, died Friday, March 22, 2013, at the Alverno health care facility in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at the Second Reformed Church in Fulton. The Rev. Scott Stephan, pastor of Second Reformed Church in Fulton, will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 26, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials will be established.
She was born December 12, 1929, in Fenton, Ill., to Peter D. and Anna (Bielema) Huizenga.
Kathryn was educated in rural Whiteside County grade schools.
She married Robert Doescher on April 20, 1948, in Fulton; he survives.
Kathryn was a member of Second Reformed Church in Fulton, the church’s Willing Workers, Ladies Aid Society and a nursery volunteer for the Coffee Break Ministry. Kathryn enjoyed babysitting, pet care, house cleaning and word search puzzles. She was proud of keeping a clean home.
Survivors include her husband, Bob; four daughters, Deb (Ken) Dykstra of Fulton, Gail (Bob) Wiersema of Albany, Ill., Donna (Tim) Green of Fulton and Dawn (Wayne) Benson of Clinton; two sons, Robert P. (Ginny) Doescher of Morrison, Ill., and Mike (Candy) Doescher of Clinton; fourteen grandchildren; twelve great-grandchildren; two stepgreat-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; and one brother, Paul Huizenga of Clinton.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
She was preceded in death by one great-grandson, Isaac Dykstra; and one brother, Donald Huizenga.
Death date: March 22, 2013
FULTON, Ill. —
Kathryn J. Doescher
- Geffrey E. Galloway Geffrey E. Galloway March 11, 1950 - March 6, 2014 MECHANICSVILLE -- Geffrey E. Galloway, 63, died March 6, 2014 in his Mechanicsville home. Visitation/open house for Geff will be from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 13 at Fry Funeral Home in Ti
- William Wagner THOMSON, Ill. -- William Wagner, 90, of Thomson, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Thomson. Burial with military rites will take place at Lower York C
- Richard N. Varner Richard N. Varner May 29, 1929 - March 9, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center South Campus. Honoring his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Funeral services will be Thursday,
- James C. Thyne James C. Thyne Feb. 19, 1952 - March 10, 2014 CLINTON -- James C. Thyne, age 62, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 10, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, March 15th, at Prince of Peace Par
- Alberta J. Wiebenga MORRISON, Ill. -- Alberta J. Wiebenga, 82, of Morrison, died Monday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home with Ken Renkes, director of Congrega
- Bernice Bartels DELMAR -- Bernice Bartels, 93, of Delmar, died Tuesday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at th
- Michael Scott Lord Michael Scott Lord June 10, 1964 - March 9, 2014 SIKESTON, Mo. -- Michael Scott Lord, age 49, formerly of Maysville, was born June 10, 1964 and passed away March 9, 2014 in Sikeston, Missouri. Michael was a graduate of Maysville High School and Misso
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- More Obituaries Headlines