FULTON, Ill. —
Kathryn J. Doescher
Dec. 12, 1929 - March 22, 2013
Kathryn J. Doescher, 83, of Fulton, died Friday, March 22, 2013, at the Alverno health care facility in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at the Second Reformed Church in Fulton. The Rev. Scott Stephan, pastor of Second Reformed Church in Fulton, will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 26, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials will be established.
She was born December 12, 1929, in Fenton, Ill., to Peter D. and Anna (Bielema) Huizenga.
Kathryn was educated in rural Whiteside County grade schools.
She married Robert Doescher on April 20, 1948, in Fulton; he survives.
Kathryn was a member of Second Reformed Church in Fulton, the church’s Willing Workers, Ladies Aid Society and a nursery volunteer for the Coffee Break Ministry. Kathryn enjoyed babysitting, pet care, house cleaning and word search puzzles. She was proud of keeping a clean home.
Survivors include her husband, Bob; four daughters, Deb (Ken) Dykstra of Fulton, Gail (Bob) Wiersema of Albany, Ill., Donna (Tim) Green of Fulton and Dawn (Wayne) Benson of Clinton; two sons, Robert P. (Ginny) Doescher of Morrison, Ill., and Mike (Candy) Doescher of Clinton; fourteen grandchildren; twelve great-grandchildren; two stepgreat-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; and one brother, Paul Huizenga of Clinton.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
She was preceded in death by one great-grandson, Isaac Dykstra; and one brother, Donald Huizenga.
Death date: March 22, 2013
FULTON, Ill. —
Kathryn J. Doescher
- Glen Whiting Glen Whiting Aug. 17, 1931 - Dec. 2, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Glen Whiting lived his life to care for his family, friends and country. He put them first, adhereing to the motto of his 2nd Infantry Battalion in Korea, "Second to None". At the age of 82,
- Zachary 'Zac' T. Isenhart CHADWICK, Ill. -- Zachary "Zac" T. Isenhart, 25, of Chadwick, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of life gathering will be held from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013 at the C
- Mickey Joe Hahn Mickey Joe Hahn April 16, 1950 - Dec. 2, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. - Mickey Joe Hahn, 63 of Morrison died Monday December 2, 2013 at Morrison Community Hospital. He was born on April 16, 1950 in Sterling, the son of Leonard and Mary (Miller) Hahn and was
- Jeane A. Housenga Jeane A. Housenga Dec. 20, 1935 - Nov. 23, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Jeane A. Housenga, 77, of Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, died Saturday, Nov. 23, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held
- Carl Huffman Maquoketa Carl Huffman Carl Huffman, 75, of Maqoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Sandra L. Jones Sandra L. Jones Dec. 6, 1955 - Dec. 2, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Sandra L. Jones, 57, of Fulton, died Monday, December 2, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, December 6, 2013 at the Albany Uni
- Harlo Henningsen Harlo Henningsen Jan. 19, 1959 - Dec. 1, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Harlo Henningsen, 54, of Bettendorf, died suddenly on Sunday, December 1, 2013 at Trinity Unity Point in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013
- Veronica C. Determan Veronica C. Determan July 8, 1917 - Dec. 3, 2013 PRESTON -- Veronica C. Determan, age 96, of Preston, Iowa died Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at the Alverno in Clinton, Iowa. A Funeral Mass will be held 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 6, 2013 at St. Joseph
- Alfonso "Al" Antonio Cantu Jr. ELIZABETH, Ill. -- Alfonso "Al" Antonio Cantu Jr., 74, of Mt. Carroll, Ill. died Saturday, at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, Peoria, Ill. A memorial service will be held 11 a.m. Saturday, at Law-Jones Funeral Home, 107 N. Main Street, Elizabeth. B
- Mary Knox Clinton Mary Knox Mary Knox, 85, of Clinton, died Tuesday, at The Alverno. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Home. Mary Knox
- More Obituaries Headlines