LENA, Ill. —
Sept. 12, 1946 - March 25, 2013
Daniel (Dan) P. Remrey, age 66, passed away at his home surrounded by his wife, children and faithful companion dachshund, Katie, on Monday, March 25, 2013. He was born on September 12, 1946, in Fulton, Ill., to Charles and Nellie (Worden) Remrey. Dan married Sally Everson on April 5, 1980, in Clinton, Iowa, he was previously married to Betty Hager. Daniel served our country in the United States Army from 1964 until 1970 and was a Vietnam War hero. He worked 12 years at Kelly Springfield Tire Co. in Freeport, Ill., and 10 years as a truck driver for Ursa Logistics in Janesville, Wis., he was also employed at Drives Inc., and Custom Pak. He was a diehard Bear fan, coin collector, enjoyed genealogy, golfing, mushroom hunting and dancing. He was a member of the Lena American Legion, Freeport VietNow and St. John’s Lutheran Church.
He is survived by his wife, Sally, of Lena; two daughters, Debra Jean Anderson (fiancé Eric Vogel) of Camanche, Iowa, and Kristina Danyel Remrey (fiancé Ron White) of Fulton. Ill.; one son, Charles Daniel Everson Remrey of Lena, Ill.; five grandchildren: Kenneth, Kristin, Sarah, Chloe and Brennan; one brother, Raymond (Marilyn) Remrey of Thomson, Ill.; two sisters, Helen Buikema of Fulton, Ill., and Anna Mae Boyert of Camanche, Iowa; and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; four brothers, William (Bob), Donald (Bud), Ralph and Harry (Sonny); four sisters: Charlotte, Marcella, Elizabeth (Betty) and Ruby.
Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, March 28, 2013, at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Lena. Visitation will be held on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, from 4 till 8 p.m. at the Leamon Funeral Home in Lena, Ill. Pastor Rick Bader and Sid Kimmis will officiate. Military rites will be held at the Lena Burial Park Veterans Memorial after the service. Cremation rites will be accorded at a later date.
A memorial has been established in his name.
Condolences may be sent to the family at www.leamonfh.com.
Death date: March 25, 2013
LENA, Ill. —
Sept. 12, 1946 - March 25, 2013
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- Mary Anne Knox Mary Anne Knox May 26, 1928 - Dec. 2, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Anne Knox, 85, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully at the Alverno on December 2, 2013. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 7 at the Greater True Love Baptis
- Dorothy M. Schaver Dorothy M. Schaver Oct. 4, 1927 - Dec. 3, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Dorothy M. Schaver, 86, of Fulton, died Tuesday, December 3, 2013, at her home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, December 7, 2013, at the Trinity Reformed Church i
- Glen Whiting Glen Whiting Aug. 17, 1931 - Dec. 2, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Glen Whiting lived his life to care for his family, friends and country. He put them first, adhereing to the motto of his 2nd Infantry Battalion in Korea, "Second to None". At the age of 82,
- Zachary 'Zac' T. Isenhart CHADWICK, Ill. -- Zachary "Zac" T. Isenhart, 25, of Chadwick, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of life gathering will be held from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013 at the C
- Mickey Joe Hahn Mickey Joe Hahn April 16, 1950 - Dec. 2, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. - Mickey Joe Hahn, 63 of Morrison died Monday December 2, 2013 at Morrison Community Hospital. He was born on April 16, 1950 in Sterling, the son of Leonard and Mary (Miller) Hahn and was
- Jeane A. Housenga Jeane A. Housenga Dec. 20, 1935 - Nov. 23, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Jeane A. Housenga, 77, of Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, died Saturday, Nov. 23, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held
- Carl Huffman Maquoketa Carl Huffman Carl Huffman, 75, of Maqoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines