LENA, Ill. —
Sept. 12, 1946 - March 25, 2013
Daniel (Dan) P. Remrey, age 66, passed away at his home surrounded by his wife, children and faithful companion dachshund, Katie, on Monday, March 25, 2013. He was born on September 12, 1946, in Fulton, Ill., to Charles and Nellie (Worden) Remrey. Dan married Sally Everson on April 5, 1980, in Clinton, Iowa, he was previously married to Betty Hager. Daniel served our country in the United States Army from 1964 until 1970 and was a Vietnam War hero. He worked 12 years at Kelly Springfield Tire Co. in Freeport, Ill., and 10 years as a truck driver for Ursa Logistics in Janesville, Wis., he was also employed at Drives Inc., and Custom Pak. He was a diehard Bear fan, coin collector, enjoyed genealogy, golfing, mushroom hunting and dancing. He was a member of the Lena American Legion, Freeport VietNow and St. John’s Lutheran Church.
He is survived by his wife, Sally, of Lena; two daughters, Debra Jean Anderson (fiancé Eric Vogel) of Camanche, Iowa, and Kristina Danyel Remrey (fiancé Ron White) of Fulton. Ill.; one son, Charles Daniel Everson Remrey of Lena, Ill.; five grandchildren: Kenneth, Kristin, Sarah, Chloe and Brennan; one brother, Raymond (Marilyn) Remrey of Thomson, Ill.; two sisters, Helen Buikema of Fulton, Ill., and Anna Mae Boyert of Camanche, Iowa; and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; four brothers, William (Bob), Donald (Bud), Ralph and Harry (Sonny); four sisters: Charlotte, Marcella, Elizabeth (Betty) and Ruby.
Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, March 28, 2013, at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Lena. Visitation will be held on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, from 4 till 8 p.m. at the Leamon Funeral Home in Lena, Ill. Pastor Rick Bader and Sid Kimmis will officiate. Military rites will be held at the Lena Burial Park Veterans Memorial after the service. Cremation rites will be accorded at a later date.
A memorial has been established in his name.
Condolences may be sent to the family at www.leamonfh.com.
Death date: March 25, 2013
LENA, Ill. —
Sept. 12, 1946 - March 25, 2013
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines