LENA, Ill. —
Sept. 12, 1946 - March 25, 2013
Daniel (Dan) P. Remrey, age 66, passed away at his home surrounded by his wife, children and faithful companion dachshund, Katie, on Monday, March 25, 2013. He was born on September 12, 1946, in Fulton, Ill., to Charles and Nellie (Worden) Remrey. Dan married Sally Everson on April 5, 1980, in Clinton, Iowa, he was previously married to Betty Hager. Daniel served our country in the United States Army from 1964 until 1970 and was a Vietnam War hero. He worked 12 years at Kelly Springfield Tire Co. in Freeport, Ill., and 10 years as a truck driver for Ursa Logistics in Janesville, Wis., he was also employed at Drives Inc., and Custom Pak. He was a diehard Bear fan, coin collector, enjoyed genealogy, golfing, mushroom hunting and dancing. He was a member of the Lena American Legion, Freeport VietNow and St. John’s Lutheran Church.
He is survived by his wife, Sally, of Lena; two daughters, Debra Jean Anderson (fiancé Eric Vogel) of Camanche, Iowa, and Kristina Danyel Remrey (fiancé Ron White) of Fulton. Ill.; one son, Charles Daniel Everson Remrey of Lena, Ill.; five grandchildren: Kenneth, Kristin, Sarah, Chloe and Brennan; one brother, Raymond (Marilyn) Remrey of Thomson, Ill.; two sisters, Helen Buikema of Fulton, Ill., and Anna Mae Boyert of Camanche, Iowa; and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; four brothers, William (Bob), Donald (Bud), Ralph and Harry (Sonny); four sisters: Charlotte, Marcella, Elizabeth (Betty) and Ruby.
Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, March 28, 2013, at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Lena. Visitation will be held on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, from 4 till 8 p.m. at the Leamon Funeral Home in Lena, Ill. Pastor Rick Bader and Sid Kimmis will officiate. Military rites will be held at the Lena Burial Park Veterans Memorial after the service. Cremation rites will be accorded at a later date.
A memorial has been established in his name.
Condolences may be sent to the family at www.leamonfh.com.
Death date: March 25, 2013
LENA, Ill. —
Sept. 12, 1946 - March 25, 2013
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines