LENA, Ill. —
Sept. 12, 1946 - March 25, 2013
Daniel (Dan) P. Remrey, age 66, passed away at his home surrounded by his wife, children and faithful companion dachshund, Katie, on Monday, March 25, 2013. He was born on September 12, 1946, in Fulton, Ill., to Charles and Nellie (Worden) Remrey. Dan married Sally Everson on April 5, 1980, in Clinton, Iowa, he was previously married to Betty Hager. Daniel served our country in the United States Army from 1964 until 1970 and was a Vietnam War hero. He worked 12 years at Kelly Springfield Tire Co. in Freeport, Ill., and 10 years as a truck driver for Ursa Logistics in Janesville, Wis., he was also employed at Drives Inc., and Custom Pak. He was a diehard Bear fan, coin collector, enjoyed genealogy, golfing, mushroom hunting and dancing. He was a member of the Lena American Legion, Freeport VietNow and St. John’s Lutheran Church.
He is survived by his wife, Sally, of Lena; two daughters, Debra Jean Anderson (fiancé Eric Vogel) of Camanche, Iowa, and Kristina Danyel Remrey (fiancé Ron White) of Fulton. Ill.; one son, Charles Daniel Everson Remrey of Lena, Ill.; five grandchildren: Kenneth, Kristin, Sarah, Chloe and Brennan; one brother, Raymond (Marilyn) Remrey of Thomson, Ill.; two sisters, Helen Buikema of Fulton, Ill., and Anna Mae Boyert of Camanche, Iowa; and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; four brothers, William (Bob), Donald (Bud), Ralph and Harry (Sonny); four sisters: Charlotte, Marcella, Elizabeth (Betty) and Ruby.
Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, March 28, 2013, at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Lena. Visitation will be held on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, from 4 till 8 p.m. at the Leamon Funeral Home in Lena, Ill. Pastor Rick Bader and Sid Kimmis will officiate. Military rites will be held at the Lena Burial Park Veterans Memorial after the service. Cremation rites will be accorded at a later date.
A memorial has been established in his name.
Condolences may be sent to the family at www.leamonfh.com.
Death date: March 25, 2013
LENA, Ill. —
Sept. 12, 1946 - March 25, 2013
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines