LENA, Ill. —
Sept. 12, 1946 - March 25, 2013
Daniel (Dan) P. Remrey, age 66, passed away at his home surrounded by his wife, children and faithful companion dachshund, Katie, on Monday, March 25, 2013. He was born on September 12, 1946, in Fulton, Ill., to Charles and Nellie (Worden) Remrey. Dan married Sally Everson on April 5, 1980, in Clinton, Iowa, he was previously married to Betty Hager. Daniel served our country in the United States Army from 1964 until 1970 and was a Vietnam War hero. He worked 12 years at Kelly Springfield Tire Co. in Freeport, Ill., and 10 years as a truck driver for Ursa Logistics in Janesville, Wis., he was also employed at Drives Inc., and Custom Pak. He was a diehard Bear fan, coin collector, enjoyed genealogy, golfing, mushroom hunting and dancing. He was a member of the Lena American Legion, Freeport VietNow and St. John’s Lutheran Church.
He is survived by his wife, Sally, of Lena; two daughters, Debra Jean Anderson (fiancé Eric Vogel) of Camanche, Iowa, and Kristina Danyel Remrey (fiancé Ron White) of Fulton. Ill.; one son, Charles Daniel Everson Remrey of Lena, Ill.; five grandchildren: Kenneth, Kristin, Sarah, Chloe and Brennan; one brother, Raymond (Marilyn) Remrey of Thomson, Ill.; two sisters, Helen Buikema of Fulton, Ill., and Anna Mae Boyert of Camanche, Iowa; and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; four brothers, William (Bob), Donald (Bud), Ralph and Harry (Sonny); four sisters: Charlotte, Marcella, Elizabeth (Betty) and Ruby.
Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, March 28, 2013, at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Lena. Visitation will be held on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, from 4 till 8 p.m. at the Leamon Funeral Home in Lena, Ill. Pastor Rick Bader and Sid Kimmis will officiate. Military rites will be held at the Lena Burial Park Veterans Memorial after the service. Cremation rites will be accorded at a later date.
A memorial has been established in his name.
Condolences may be sent to the family at www.leamonfh.com.
Death date: March 25, 2013
LENA, Ill. —
Sept. 12, 1946 - March 25, 2013
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines