SAN FRANCISCO, Ca. —
January 25, 1961 - May 4, 2013
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA. Cremation rites have been accorded, and inurnment will take place at The San Francisco Columbarium’s Hall of Olympians as well as in Sinya, Tanzania, East Africa overlooking the base of Mt. Kilamanjaro, not far from the Olmoti Clinic where she worked with the Maasai community. Celebration of life gatherings are being planned in San Francisco, CA, Minneapolis, MN, Dublin, Ireland and Sinya, Tanzania.
Barbara Joyce Determann was born on Jan. 25, 1961 in Clinton, the youngest daughter of Andrew Louis and Grace Elizabeth (Evers) Determann. She attended Clinton and Camanche schools, where she excelled in athletics, graduating from Camanche High School in 1979. Barb went on to complete an RN degree from The New England Baptist Hospital in May 1987. She spent her adult life as a practicing nurse in Boston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, San Francisco and Tanzania. She was a founding partner of A Global Connection, a not-for-profit charity organization based in San Francisco who’s mission is to improve maternal health in underserved populations by providing pre and post natal care for mothers and babies, and training local midwives. Barb was the organization’s “boots on the ground” care giver representative visiting projects in Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania a dozen times over the last eight years. She was on yet another mission of hope and caring when she fell ill.
Ms. Determann is survived by her sisters, Dianne (Richard) Phinney, Davenport, IA, Julie Henningsen, Bettendorf, IA and Joan (Charles) Gifford, Camanche, IA; brothers, David Determann, Thomas (Judy) Determann, Clinton, IA, Ed (Sharon) Determann,Lake Mills, IA, Andrew (Nancy) Determann and Robert (Kelly) Determann, Camanche, IA; nieces and nephews, Elizabeth, Andrew, Jens, Jamie, Harris, Jill, Brooke, John, Jeff, Danika, Tomi, Cory, Jake, Adam, Nick, Matt, Robbie and Ashleigh; three great nieces and five great nephews; along with best friends Una (Melinn) and Rich Tang, Gloria Upchurch; and her beloved goddaughter, Ciara Tang, San Francisco, CA
She was preceded in death by her grandparents, parents and her brother Jay.
Memorial donations may be made by visiting www. aglobalconnection.org “Remembering Barbara”, to ensure that work in support of her commitment to AGC’s mission will continue. May her accomplishments and love for children be remembered and may she rest in peace forever more.
SAN FRANCISCO, Ca. —
January 25, 1961 - May 4, 2013
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines