Sun City West, Ariz. —
Father Robert G. Mann
June 5, 1933 - March 19, 2013
Sun City West, AZ - Father Robert G. Mann, 79 of Sun City West, Arizona and formerly of Danville, Illinois, passed peace- fully into the hands of his Lord on March 19, 2013 at his home in Arizona.
Father Mann was born June 5, 1933 in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Roy Vincent Mann, Sr. and Mary Marvel Baumeister Mann. He is sur- vived by nieces Kathleen M. Mann of Englewood, NJ, Nancy J. Levonowich (Michael), Kenosha, WI, and Mary J. Clifford, (Thomas) of Salem WI; a neph- ew, Steven G. Mann (Francis) of Oshkosh, WI; great nieces, Michelle Larson and Sarah Mann; great neph- ews Michael Levonowich and Stephen Levonowich,
and a sister in law Jean M. Mann of Kenosha, WI. Fr. Mann was a graduate of St. Bede Academy in Peru, Illinois and graduated from St. Ambrose Col- lege in Davenport, Iowa before continuing his post graduate and major seminary studies at Mount St. Bernard in Dubuque, Iowa. He was ordained to the priesthood on June 6, 1959. Father Mann served in parishes from Iowa City, Iowa to Davenport, Iowa both as a parish priest and later as an educator at the Assumption High School in Davenport and Regina High School in Iowa City and later at schools in Col- orado Springs, Colorado and Vail Colorado. Father returned to the Midwest in the early 1980’s to accept a ministry in Danville at United Samaritans Medical Center. Father and his beloved friend Missy will be remembered by many patients of the hospital who re- ceived their warm and nurturing care. Their ministry touched the lives of thousands, and provided those individuals and their families with a healing and prayerful level of love and compassion during times
of stress and grief. To say Father loved golf would be an extreme un-
derstatement. Father loved the sport of golf, the his- tory of golf, the competitive nature of golf, playing golf, watching golf, beating others at golf and talking about golf. He would often reminisce about walking hand in hand with his father on the golf course as a child, and often speak of rounds played with family, friends and those played only with Missy riding along in the cart. His retirement to Arizona was for the sole purpose of being able to play golf year -round for as long as he could, and he did so. While in retirement in Sun City West, Arizona, Father continued to serve the parishes within the Sun City area on a part-time basis.
Father Mann was preceded in death by his parents, brothers Roy Jr, Charles and Jack, and a nephew John C. Mann, as well as his beloved Missy.
Father will be buried next to his parents in Clin- ton, Iowa after a private service in Clinton. Masses of remembrance will be offered in Sun City West, Ar- izona and Danville, Illinois. May you always walk in sunshine. May you never want for more. May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door.
Sun City West, Ariz. —
Father Robert G. Mann
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines