Sun City West, Ariz. —
Father Robert G. Mann
June 5, 1933 - March 19, 2013
Sun City West, AZ - Father Robert G. Mann, 79 of Sun City West, Arizona and formerly of Danville, Illinois, passed peace- fully into the hands of his Lord on March 19, 2013 at his home in Arizona.
Father Mann was born June 5, 1933 in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Roy Vincent Mann, Sr. and Mary Marvel Baumeister Mann. He is sur- vived by nieces Kathleen M. Mann of Englewood, NJ, Nancy J. Levonowich (Michael), Kenosha, WI, and Mary J. Clifford, (Thomas) of Salem WI; a neph- ew, Steven G. Mann (Francis) of Oshkosh, WI; great nieces, Michelle Larson and Sarah Mann; great neph- ews Michael Levonowich and Stephen Levonowich,
and a sister in law Jean M. Mann of Kenosha, WI. Fr. Mann was a graduate of St. Bede Academy in Peru, Illinois and graduated from St. Ambrose Col- lege in Davenport, Iowa before continuing his post graduate and major seminary studies at Mount St. Bernard in Dubuque, Iowa. He was ordained to the priesthood on June 6, 1959. Father Mann served in parishes from Iowa City, Iowa to Davenport, Iowa both as a parish priest and later as an educator at the Assumption High School in Davenport and Regina High School in Iowa City and later at schools in Col- orado Springs, Colorado and Vail Colorado. Father returned to the Midwest in the early 1980’s to accept a ministry in Danville at United Samaritans Medical Center. Father and his beloved friend Missy will be remembered by many patients of the hospital who re- ceived their warm and nurturing care. Their ministry touched the lives of thousands, and provided those individuals and their families with a healing and prayerful level of love and compassion during times
of stress and grief. To say Father loved golf would be an extreme un-
derstatement. Father loved the sport of golf, the his- tory of golf, the competitive nature of golf, playing golf, watching golf, beating others at golf and talking about golf. He would often reminisce about walking hand in hand with his father on the golf course as a child, and often speak of rounds played with family, friends and those played only with Missy riding along in the cart. His retirement to Arizona was for the sole purpose of being able to play golf year -round for as long as he could, and he did so. While in retirement in Sun City West, Arizona, Father continued to serve the parishes within the Sun City area on a part-time basis.
Father Mann was preceded in death by his parents, brothers Roy Jr, Charles and Jack, and a nephew John C. Mann, as well as his beloved Missy.
Father will be buried next to his parents in Clin- ton, Iowa after a private service in Clinton. Masses of remembrance will be offered in Sun City West, Ar- izona and Danville, Illinois. May you always walk in sunshine. May you never want for more. May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door.
Sun City West, Ariz. —
Father Robert G. Mann
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines