Sun City West, Ariz. —
Father Robert G. Mann
June 5, 1933 - March 19, 2013
Sun City West, AZ - Father Robert G. Mann, 79 of Sun City West, Arizona and formerly of Danville, Illinois, passed peace- fully into the hands of his Lord on March 19, 2013 at his home in Arizona.
Father Mann was born June 5, 1933 in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Roy Vincent Mann, Sr. and Mary Marvel Baumeister Mann. He is sur- vived by nieces Kathleen M. Mann of Englewood, NJ, Nancy J. Levonowich (Michael), Kenosha, WI, and Mary J. Clifford, (Thomas) of Salem WI; a neph- ew, Steven G. Mann (Francis) of Oshkosh, WI; great nieces, Michelle Larson and Sarah Mann; great neph- ews Michael Levonowich and Stephen Levonowich,
and a sister in law Jean M. Mann of Kenosha, WI. Fr. Mann was a graduate of St. Bede Academy in Peru, Illinois and graduated from St. Ambrose Col- lege in Davenport, Iowa before continuing his post graduate and major seminary studies at Mount St. Bernard in Dubuque, Iowa. He was ordained to the priesthood on June 6, 1959. Father Mann served in parishes from Iowa City, Iowa to Davenport, Iowa both as a parish priest and later as an educator at the Assumption High School in Davenport and Regina High School in Iowa City and later at schools in Col- orado Springs, Colorado and Vail Colorado. Father returned to the Midwest in the early 1980’s to accept a ministry in Danville at United Samaritans Medical Center. Father and his beloved friend Missy will be remembered by many patients of the hospital who re- ceived their warm and nurturing care. Their ministry touched the lives of thousands, and provided those individuals and their families with a healing and prayerful level of love and compassion during times
of stress and grief. To say Father loved golf would be an extreme un-
derstatement. Father loved the sport of golf, the his- tory of golf, the competitive nature of golf, playing golf, watching golf, beating others at golf and talking about golf. He would often reminisce about walking hand in hand with his father on the golf course as a child, and often speak of rounds played with family, friends and those played only with Missy riding along in the cart. His retirement to Arizona was for the sole purpose of being able to play golf year -round for as long as he could, and he did so. While in retirement in Sun City West, Arizona, Father continued to serve the parishes within the Sun City area on a part-time basis.
Father Mann was preceded in death by his parents, brothers Roy Jr, Charles and Jack, and a nephew John C. Mann, as well as his beloved Missy.
Father will be buried next to his parents in Clin- ton, Iowa after a private service in Clinton. Masses of remembrance will be offered in Sun City West, Ar- izona and Danville, Illinois. May you always walk in sunshine. May you never want for more. May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door.
Sun City West, Ariz. —
Father Robert G. Mann
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines