Nov. 4, 1936 - March 11, 2013
Floyd B. Thomas, age 76, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 11, at the Eagle Point Nursing Home.
Cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends will take place Thursday, March 14, from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Pape Funeral Home. Online condolences can be left at www.papefh.com.
Floyd Bernard Thomas was born on November 4, 1936, the son of Benjamin Sr. and Florence (Fortner) Thomas in DeWitt, Iowa. He married Nancy Klare on September 9, 1955, in Davenport, IA. He was employed at Clinton Corn and later retired from the Collis Company. Floyd had been a member of the Clinton National Guard for 4 years.
He was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church. Floyd enjoyed spending time with his family and friends, being outdoors, camping, working on cars and playing bingo.
Floyd is survived by his wife; four children: Sharon (Steve) Moldt of Riverton, WY, Gay (Tom) Schmidt of Genoa, WI, Mark (Patricia) Thomas and Melissa (Mike) Murphy, both of Clinton; 5 grandchildren: David Schmidt, Steven Schmidt, Libby (Lance) Dykema, Mike Thomas and Mark Thomas; 3 great-grandchildren: Calli and Seth Dykema and Rylan Thomas; a brother, Russ Thomas of Geneseo, IL; and a sister, Betty Chase of Clinton; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Ben and Ken; and his beloved beagle “Hector.”
Death date: March 11, 2013
Nov. 4, 1936 - March 11, 2013
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines