Nov. 4, 1936 - March 11, 2013
Floyd B. Thomas, age 76, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 11, at the Eagle Point Nursing Home.
Cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends will take place Thursday, March 14, from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Pape Funeral Home. Online condolences can be left at www.papefh.com.
Floyd Bernard Thomas was born on November 4, 1936, the son of Benjamin Sr. and Florence (Fortner) Thomas in DeWitt, Iowa. He married Nancy Klare on September 9, 1955, in Davenport, IA. He was employed at Clinton Corn and later retired from the Collis Company. Floyd had been a member of the Clinton National Guard for 4 years.
He was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church. Floyd enjoyed spending time with his family and friends, being outdoors, camping, working on cars and playing bingo.
Floyd is survived by his wife; four children: Sharon (Steve) Moldt of Riverton, WY, Gay (Tom) Schmidt of Genoa, WI, Mark (Patricia) Thomas and Melissa (Mike) Murphy, both of Clinton; 5 grandchildren: David Schmidt, Steven Schmidt, Libby (Lance) Dykema, Mike Thomas and Mark Thomas; 3 great-grandchildren: Calli and Seth Dykema and Rylan Thomas; a brother, Russ Thomas of Geneseo, IL; and a sister, Betty Chase of Clinton; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Ben and Ken; and his beloved beagle “Hector.”
Death date: March 11, 2013
Nov. 4, 1936 - March 11, 2013
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines