Nov. 4, 1936 - March 11, 2013
Floyd B. Thomas, age 76, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 11, at the Eagle Point Nursing Home.
Cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends will take place Thursday, March 14, from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Pape Funeral Home. Online condolences can be left at www.papefh.com.
Floyd Bernard Thomas was born on November 4, 1936, the son of Benjamin Sr. and Florence (Fortner) Thomas in DeWitt, Iowa. He married Nancy Klare on September 9, 1955, in Davenport, IA. He was employed at Clinton Corn and later retired from the Collis Company. Floyd had been a member of the Clinton National Guard for 4 years.
He was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church. Floyd enjoyed spending time with his family and friends, being outdoors, camping, working on cars and playing bingo.
Floyd is survived by his wife; four children: Sharon (Steve) Moldt of Riverton, WY, Gay (Tom) Schmidt of Genoa, WI, Mark (Patricia) Thomas and Melissa (Mike) Murphy, both of Clinton; 5 grandchildren: David Schmidt, Steven Schmidt, Libby (Lance) Dykema, Mike Thomas and Mark Thomas; 3 great-grandchildren: Calli and Seth Dykema and Rylan Thomas; a brother, Russ Thomas of Geneseo, IL; and a sister, Betty Chase of Clinton; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Ben and Ken; and his beloved beagle “Hector.”
Death date: March 11, 2013
Nov. 4, 1936 - March 11, 2013
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines