Matthew J. Rimmer
Nov. 11, 1942-Aug. 25, 2012
CLINTON — Matthew J. Rimmer, 69, of Clinton, died Saturday, August 25, 2012, at his home.
Funeral services will be 6 p.m. Tuesday, September 4, 2012, at the Church of the Open Door. Visitation will be Tuesday from 4 p.m. to the service time at the church. Following the services his body will be cremated. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory is in charge of arrangements.
Matthew James Rimmer was born on November 11, 1942, in Clinton, the son of Matthew J. and Louise (Goettsch) Rimmer. He married Sharon Hall on February 13, 1982, in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin; she died December 30, 2009.
Matthew was a 1961 graduate of St. Mary’s High School. He served in the United States Navy from 1963-1967. He was employed with MetForm retiring in 2004.
Matthew was a member of the Church of the Open Door.
Matthew is survived by a daughter, Michelle Rimmer of St. Paul, Minnesota; one son, Thomas Rimmer of St. Paul, Minnesota; five grandchildren; his stepdaughter, Kathryn (Don) Boyd of Malone, Wisconsin; his stepdaughter, Michelle LeQue, of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin; his sister, Helen Earley of Seffner, Florida; and his brother, Tom Rimmer of Selma, Alabama; and many loving nieces and nephews.
Matthew was preceded in death by his parents, his wife, a grandson, two sisters and one nephew.
The family requests that memorials be made to the Church of the Open Door.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Aug. 25, 2012
Matthew J. Rimmer
- Lois M. Thomsen ClintonLois M. ThomsenLois M. Thomsen, 85, of Clinton died Friday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Robert A. Naeve ClintonRobert A. NaeveRobert A. Naeve, 81, of Clinton, died Thursday at the Alverno Health Care facility.Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Elizabeth Lee 'Dolly' Kunde MaquoketaElizabeth Lee ‘Dolly’ KundeElizabeth Lee “Dolly” Kunde, 69, of Maquoketa, died Thursday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa.Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Linda Kay Schnoor Linda Kay SchnoorMay 20, 1945 - July 29, 2014IOWA CITY — Linda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, Iowa passed away on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Cremation rites have been accorded with a prayer and remembrance c
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines