July 1, 1930 - Sept. 3, 2012
Leo Dale Oberman, 82, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away on Monday, September 3rd, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center.
A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, September 6, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Pastor Larry Schmoekel (from Indiana) will preside over the service. Burial will immediately follow the funeral service at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Leo was born July 1, 1930, in Clinton County, the son of Edwin and Freda (Beck) Oberman. Leo was a 1948 graduate of Maquoketa High School. Leo served in the U.S. Navy from 1950 to 1954.
Leo was united in marriage to Clara Caraway on July 22, 1954, in Monmouth, Iowa.
He was employed with Clinton Corn, as a lab technician for 28 years. Later he was employed with the Clinton schools as a maintenance technician for nearly 10 years.
Leo enjoyed playing cards and enjoyed playing softball. He loved his family and was very supportive of his family's activities. Later in life he enjoyed listening to Country Western and Gospel music.
Leo is survived by his loving wife, Clara; one daughter, Carla (Matt) Vawter of Cedar Rapids, IA; 2 sons, Roger (Sue) Oberman of Woodstock, IL, Russell (Valerie) Oberman of Davenport, IA; five granddaughters and eight stepgrandchildren; one sister, Dorothy Donnelly of Gold Beach, Oregon.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his stepmother, Selma Oberman; and one brother, Ray.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Sept. 3, 2012
July 1, 1930 - Sept. 3, 2012
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- George A. Decker George A. Decker May 13, 1921 - Dec. 7, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Funeral services and a Mass of Christian Burial for George A. Decker, 92, a resident of Bettendorf, will be 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1506
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- More Obituaries Headlines