June 20, 1935 - March 9, 2013
Florence Elizabeth Brandt, 77, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center on March 9, 2013.
Cremation rights have been accorded with a memorial service to take place at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will be private. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Florence was born June 20, 1935, in Savanna, Illinois, the daughter of Clyde and Luella (Libberton) Skiles. She was a 1953 graduate of Savanna High School. She was united in marriage to Marvin Brandt on July 3, 1953, in Savanna, Illinois.
Florence retired from the Clinton School System. She loved working crossword puzzles. She also loved watching “Jeopardy” on TV and often instructed family and friends not to call during the “Jeopardy” show. Florence liked to cook and was an avid Hawkeye basketball fan. She loved her dog, Missy; she held in her arms when Missy died. She loved her family and will be greatly missed.
Florence is survived by her husband, Marvin; one son, Kenny Brandt of Clinton, IA; two brothers, Franklin (Sharon) Skiles of Slidell, LA, and Raymond (Joanne) Skiles of Savanna, IL; and many nieces and nephews and cousins.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her daughter, Vicky; and one sister.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 9, 2013
June 20, 1935 - March 9, 2013
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines