June 20, 1935 - March 9, 2013
Florence Elizabeth Brandt, 77, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center on March 9, 2013.
Cremation rights have been accorded with a memorial service to take place at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will be private. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Florence was born June 20, 1935, in Savanna, Illinois, the daughter of Clyde and Luella (Libberton) Skiles. She was a 1953 graduate of Savanna High School. She was united in marriage to Marvin Brandt on July 3, 1953, in Savanna, Illinois.
Florence retired from the Clinton School System. She loved working crossword puzzles. She also loved watching “Jeopardy” on TV and often instructed family and friends not to call during the “Jeopardy” show. Florence liked to cook and was an avid Hawkeye basketball fan. She loved her dog, Missy; she held in her arms when Missy died. She loved her family and will be greatly missed.
Florence is survived by her husband, Marvin; one son, Kenny Brandt of Clinton, IA; two brothers, Franklin (Sharon) Skiles of Slidell, LA, and Raymond (Joanne) Skiles of Savanna, IL; and many nieces and nephews and cousins.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her daughter, Vicky; and one sister.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 9, 2013
June 20, 1935 - March 9, 2013
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines