Fulton, Ill. —
Genevieve M. Juist
March 26, 1927-Jan. 5, 2013
FULTON, Ill. — Genevieve M. Juist, 85, of Fulton, died Saturday, January 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, Iowa.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at the Fulton Presbyterian Church in Fulton. The Rev. Tom Merchant, pastor of Trinity Reformed Church in Fulton, and Mr. Ken Renkes, director of congregational care with Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison, will officiate. Visitation will be from 1 to 3 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, January 8, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Smile Train and Trinity Reformed Church — Ladies Auxiliary.
She was born March 26, 1927, in Albany, Ill., to William and Fannie (VenHuizen) VanZuiden.
She married Paul C. Juist on December 19, 1951, in Fulton; he died March 6, 2009.
Gen worked at Liquid Carbonics and Volckmann Furniture, both in Morrison, IL. She also was employed by General Electric in Morrison, retiring after 25 years.
Genevieve was a member of the Trinity Reformed Church, Fulton, for 60 years where she was a member of the Priscilla Circle and took care of flowers in the sanctuary for many years. She attended Coffee Break Bible study at the Second Reformed Church, Fulton, and also enjoyed Pastor Stan Bomgarden’s Bible studies at the Fulton Presbyterian Church very much. She served as a volunteer at the Fulton Elementary schools for many years and also volunteered for Dutch Days.
Survivors include one daughter, Jolene Juist of Fulton and Roy Carpenter; one son, Warren (Cheryl) Juist of Fulton; four grandchildren: Travis and Shelby Carpenter, Alex and Sarah Juist; three sisters, Grace Boelkins of Morrison, Darlene (Robert) Wiebenga of Fulton and Margaret Moyihan of Boston, MA; five brothers, Wayne (Sarah) VanZuiden of Fulton, Howard (Jan) VanZuiden of Fulton, Harvey (Arlene) VanZuiden of Morrison, Willard (Eve) VanZuiden of Albany, and Ronald (Linda) VanZuiden of Erie, Ill.; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Paul; one son, Gordon D. Juist; three brothers, Gerald, Maynard and Jay VanZuiden.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 5, 2013
Fulton, Ill. —
Genevieve M. Juist
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines