Fulton, Ill. —
Genevieve M. Juist
March 26, 1927-Jan. 5, 2013
FULTON, Ill. — Genevieve M. Juist, 85, of Fulton, died Saturday, January 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, Iowa.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at the Fulton Presbyterian Church in Fulton. The Rev. Tom Merchant, pastor of Trinity Reformed Church in Fulton, and Mr. Ken Renkes, director of congregational care with Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison, will officiate. Visitation will be from 1 to 3 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, January 8, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Smile Train and Trinity Reformed Church — Ladies Auxiliary.
She was born March 26, 1927, in Albany, Ill., to William and Fannie (VenHuizen) VanZuiden.
She married Paul C. Juist on December 19, 1951, in Fulton; he died March 6, 2009.
Gen worked at Liquid Carbonics and Volckmann Furniture, both in Morrison, IL. She also was employed by General Electric in Morrison, retiring after 25 years.
Genevieve was a member of the Trinity Reformed Church, Fulton, for 60 years where she was a member of the Priscilla Circle and took care of flowers in the sanctuary for many years. She attended Coffee Break Bible study at the Second Reformed Church, Fulton, and also enjoyed Pastor Stan Bomgarden’s Bible studies at the Fulton Presbyterian Church very much. She served as a volunteer at the Fulton Elementary schools for many years and also volunteered for Dutch Days.
Survivors include one daughter, Jolene Juist of Fulton and Roy Carpenter; one son, Warren (Cheryl) Juist of Fulton; four grandchildren: Travis and Shelby Carpenter, Alex and Sarah Juist; three sisters, Grace Boelkins of Morrison, Darlene (Robert) Wiebenga of Fulton and Margaret Moyihan of Boston, MA; five brothers, Wayne (Sarah) VanZuiden of Fulton, Howard (Jan) VanZuiden of Fulton, Harvey (Arlene) VanZuiden of Morrison, Willard (Eve) VanZuiden of Albany, and Ronald (Linda) VanZuiden of Erie, Ill.; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Paul; one son, Gordon D. Juist; three brothers, Gerald, Maynard and Jay VanZuiden.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 5, 2013
Fulton, Ill. —
Genevieve M. Juist
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines