Fulton, Ill. —
Genevieve M. Juist
March 26, 1927-Jan. 5, 2013
FULTON, Ill. — Genevieve M. Juist, 85, of Fulton, died Saturday, January 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, Iowa.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at the Fulton Presbyterian Church in Fulton. The Rev. Tom Merchant, pastor of Trinity Reformed Church in Fulton, and Mr. Ken Renkes, director of congregational care with Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison, will officiate. Visitation will be from 1 to 3 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, January 8, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Smile Train and Trinity Reformed Church — Ladies Auxiliary.
She was born March 26, 1927, in Albany, Ill., to William and Fannie (VenHuizen) VanZuiden.
She married Paul C. Juist on December 19, 1951, in Fulton; he died March 6, 2009.
Gen worked at Liquid Carbonics and Volckmann Furniture, both in Morrison, IL. She also was employed by General Electric in Morrison, retiring after 25 years.
Genevieve was a member of the Trinity Reformed Church, Fulton, for 60 years where she was a member of the Priscilla Circle and took care of flowers in the sanctuary for many years. She attended Coffee Break Bible study at the Second Reformed Church, Fulton, and also enjoyed Pastor Stan Bomgarden’s Bible studies at the Fulton Presbyterian Church very much. She served as a volunteer at the Fulton Elementary schools for many years and also volunteered for Dutch Days.
Survivors include one daughter, Jolene Juist of Fulton and Roy Carpenter; one son, Warren (Cheryl) Juist of Fulton; four grandchildren: Travis and Shelby Carpenter, Alex and Sarah Juist; three sisters, Grace Boelkins of Morrison, Darlene (Robert) Wiebenga of Fulton and Margaret Moyihan of Boston, MA; five brothers, Wayne (Sarah) VanZuiden of Fulton, Howard (Jan) VanZuiden of Fulton, Harvey (Arlene) VanZuiden of Morrison, Willard (Eve) VanZuiden of Albany, and Ronald (Linda) VanZuiden of Erie, Ill.; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Paul; one son, Gordon D. Juist; three brothers, Gerald, Maynard and Jay VanZuiden.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 5, 2013
Fulton, Ill. —
Genevieve M. Juist
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines