Fulton, Ill. —
Genevieve M. Juist
March 26, 1927-Jan. 5, 2013
FULTON, Ill. — Genevieve M. Juist, 85, of Fulton, died Saturday, January 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, Iowa.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at the Fulton Presbyterian Church in Fulton. The Rev. Tom Merchant, pastor of Trinity Reformed Church in Fulton, and Mr. Ken Renkes, director of congregational care with Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison, will officiate. Visitation will be from 1 to 3 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, January 8, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Smile Train and Trinity Reformed Church — Ladies Auxiliary.
She was born March 26, 1927, in Albany, Ill., to William and Fannie (VenHuizen) VanZuiden.
She married Paul C. Juist on December 19, 1951, in Fulton; he died March 6, 2009.
Gen worked at Liquid Carbonics and Volckmann Furniture, both in Morrison, IL. She also was employed by General Electric in Morrison, retiring after 25 years.
Genevieve was a member of the Trinity Reformed Church, Fulton, for 60 years where she was a member of the Priscilla Circle and took care of flowers in the sanctuary for many years. She attended Coffee Break Bible study at the Second Reformed Church, Fulton, and also enjoyed Pastor Stan Bomgarden’s Bible studies at the Fulton Presbyterian Church very much. She served as a volunteer at the Fulton Elementary schools for many years and also volunteered for Dutch Days.
Survivors include one daughter, Jolene Juist of Fulton and Roy Carpenter; one son, Warren (Cheryl) Juist of Fulton; four grandchildren: Travis and Shelby Carpenter, Alex and Sarah Juist; three sisters, Grace Boelkins of Morrison, Darlene (Robert) Wiebenga of Fulton and Margaret Moyihan of Boston, MA; five brothers, Wayne (Sarah) VanZuiden of Fulton, Howard (Jan) VanZuiden of Fulton, Harvey (Arlene) VanZuiden of Morrison, Willard (Eve) VanZuiden of Albany, and Ronald (Linda) VanZuiden of Erie, Ill.; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Paul; one son, Gordon D. Juist; three brothers, Gerald, Maynard and Jay VanZuiden.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 5, 2013
Fulton, Ill. —
Genevieve M. Juist
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines