Fulton, Ill. —
Genevieve M. Juist
March 26, 1927-Jan. 5, 2013
FULTON, Ill. — Genevieve M. Juist, 85, of Fulton, died Saturday, January 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, Iowa.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at the Fulton Presbyterian Church in Fulton. The Rev. Tom Merchant, pastor of Trinity Reformed Church in Fulton, and Mr. Ken Renkes, director of congregational care with Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison, will officiate. Visitation will be from 1 to 3 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, January 8, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Smile Train and Trinity Reformed Church — Ladies Auxiliary.
She was born March 26, 1927, in Albany, Ill., to William and Fannie (VenHuizen) VanZuiden.
She married Paul C. Juist on December 19, 1951, in Fulton; he died March 6, 2009.
Gen worked at Liquid Carbonics and Volckmann Furniture, both in Morrison, IL. She also was employed by General Electric in Morrison, retiring after 25 years.
Genevieve was a member of the Trinity Reformed Church, Fulton, for 60 years where she was a member of the Priscilla Circle and took care of flowers in the sanctuary for many years. She attended Coffee Break Bible study at the Second Reformed Church, Fulton, and also enjoyed Pastor Stan Bomgarden’s Bible studies at the Fulton Presbyterian Church very much. She served as a volunteer at the Fulton Elementary schools for many years and also volunteered for Dutch Days.
Survivors include one daughter, Jolene Juist of Fulton and Roy Carpenter; one son, Warren (Cheryl) Juist of Fulton; four grandchildren: Travis and Shelby Carpenter, Alex and Sarah Juist; three sisters, Grace Boelkins of Morrison, Darlene (Robert) Wiebenga of Fulton and Margaret Moyihan of Boston, MA; five brothers, Wayne (Sarah) VanZuiden of Fulton, Howard (Jan) VanZuiden of Fulton, Harvey (Arlene) VanZuiden of Morrison, Willard (Eve) VanZuiden of Albany, and Ronald (Linda) VanZuiden of Erie, Ill.; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Paul; one son, Gordon D. Juist; three brothers, Gerald, Maynard and Jay VanZuiden.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 5, 2013
Fulton, Ill. —
Genevieve M. Juist
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- George A. Decker George A. Decker May 13, 1921 - Dec. 7, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Funeral services and a Mass of Christian Burial for George A. Decker, 92, a resident of Bettendorf, will be 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1506
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- More Obituaries Headlines