Dec. 12, 1919 - Jan. 11, 2013
Florence L. Petersen, 93, of Clinton, died Friday, January 11, 2013, at the Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday, January 16, 2013, at the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Wednesday at the church. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Florence Loretta Schrader was born on December 12, 1919, in Teeds Grove, Iowa, the daughter of John and Louise (Hundevad) Schrader. She graduated from Clinton High School in 1936 and later graduated from Mount St. Clare Junior College in 1940. After graduating from the Mount, she taught second grade in the Sabula Public School before marrying John P. Petersen on May 24, 1945, at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. John preceded her in death on January 11, 1974.
Florence worked in the dietary department at the Alverno for eight years.
Florence was baptized and confirmed in the Lutheran faith and belonged to St. Stephens’s Lutheran Church where she was active in the Women of the ELCA. She later became a member of Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. She also enjoyed her children, family and friends.
Florence is survived by a son, Milton Petersen of Houston, Texas; one daughter, Debra Petersen of Clinton; along with cousins, nieces and nephews.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her parents.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Death date: Jan. 11, 2013
Dec. 12, 1919 - Jan. 11, 2013
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines