Dec. 12, 1919 - Jan. 11, 2013
Florence L. Petersen, 93, of Clinton, died Friday, January 11, 2013, at the Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday, January 16, 2013, at the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Wednesday at the church. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Florence Loretta Schrader was born on December 12, 1919, in Teeds Grove, Iowa, the daughter of John and Louise (Hundevad) Schrader. She graduated from Clinton High School in 1936 and later graduated from Mount St. Clare Junior College in 1940. After graduating from the Mount, she taught second grade in the Sabula Public School before marrying John P. Petersen on May 24, 1945, at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. John preceded her in death on January 11, 1974.
Florence worked in the dietary department at the Alverno for eight years.
Florence was baptized and confirmed in the Lutheran faith and belonged to St. Stephens’s Lutheran Church where she was active in the Women of the ELCA. She later became a member of Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. She also enjoyed her children, family and friends.
Florence is survived by a son, Milton Petersen of Houston, Texas; one daughter, Debra Petersen of Clinton; along with cousins, nieces and nephews.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her parents.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Death date: Jan. 11, 2013
Dec. 12, 1919 - Jan. 11, 2013
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines