Dec. 12, 1919 - Jan. 11, 2013
Florence L. Petersen, 93, of Clinton, died Friday, January 11, 2013, at the Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday, January 16, 2013, at the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Wednesday at the church. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Florence Loretta Schrader was born on December 12, 1919, in Teeds Grove, Iowa, the daughter of John and Louise (Hundevad) Schrader. She graduated from Clinton High School in 1936 and later graduated from Mount St. Clare Junior College in 1940. After graduating from the Mount, she taught second grade in the Sabula Public School before marrying John P. Petersen on May 24, 1945, at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. John preceded her in death on January 11, 1974.
Florence worked in the dietary department at the Alverno for eight years.
Florence was baptized and confirmed in the Lutheran faith and belonged to St. Stephens’s Lutheran Church where she was active in the Women of the ELCA. She later became a member of Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. She also enjoyed her children, family and friends.
Florence is survived by a son, Milton Petersen of Houston, Texas; one daughter, Debra Petersen of Clinton; along with cousins, nieces and nephews.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her parents.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Death date: Jan. 11, 2013
Dec. 12, 1919 - Jan. 11, 2013
- Geffrey E. Galloway Geffrey E. Galloway March 11, 1950 - March 6, 2014 MECHANICSVILLE -- Geffrey E. Galloway, 63, died March 6, 2014 in his Mechanicsville home. Visitation/open house for Geff will be from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 13 at Fry Funeral Home in Ti
- William Wagner THOMSON, Ill. -- William Wagner, 90, of Thomson, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Thomson. Burial with military rites will take place at Lower York C
- Richard N. Varner Richard N. Varner May 29, 1929 - March 9, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center South Campus. Honoring his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Funeral services will be Thursday,
- James C. Thyne James C. Thyne Feb. 19, 1952 - March 10, 2014 CLINTON -- James C. Thyne, age 62, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 10, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, March 15th, at Prince of Peace Par
- Alberta J. Wiebenga MORRISON, Ill. -- Alberta J. Wiebenga, 82, of Morrison, died Monday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home with Ken Renkes, director of Congrega
- Bernice Bartels DELMAR -- Bernice Bartels, 93, of Delmar, died Tuesday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at th
- Michael Scott Lord Michael Scott Lord June 10, 1964 - March 9, 2014 SIKESTON, Mo. -- Michael Scott Lord, age 49, formerly of Maysville, was born June 10, 1964 and passed away March 9, 2014 in Sikeston, Missouri. Michael was a graduate of Maysville High School and Misso
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- More Obituaries Headlines