Aug. 1, 1965 - Jan. 12, 2013
Michael Alan Redman, 47, of Clinton, passed away on January 12, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, January 17, at the First Baptist Church, Clinton, Iowa. Visitation will occur from 3 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, January 16, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Michael was born August 1, 1965, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Loren and Ramona (Young) Redman. He was a 1984 graduate of Clinton High School. He was united in marriage to Tami Turney on June 10, 1989, in Sabula, Iowa.
He served his country, for six years, as a National Guardsman and was a member of the First Baptist Church.
Michael was an avid fitness enthusiast, spending many hours exercising at the Iron Horse Fitness Club and enjoyed playing softball. He loved to coach and then later loved to watch his sons participate in sports. He followed his father’s footsteps being mechanically inclined and worked as a mechanic at ADM. Michael loved spending time with his family, especially enjoying family get-togethers.
Michael is survived by his wife, Tami, of Clinton; two sons, Tyler of Iowa City, Iowa, and Jared at home; his mother, Mona Redman of Clinton, IA; three sisters, Carol (Paul) Gilotty of Dover, DE, Chere (Nick) Miller of Clinton, Iowa, and Connie Schmitz of Clinton, IA; one brother, Mark (Jan Brown) Redman of Austin, Texas; father-in-law, Robert (Eldona) Turney of Clinton, Iowa; one brother-in-law, Brent (Karen) Turney of Beecher, IL; Grandma Erma Gruhn of Preston, Iowa; and many nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles, cousins and friends.
He was preceded in death by his dad, Loren Redman, and grandparents.
Memorials may be directed to the family which will be used for his sons’ education.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 12, 2013
Aug. 1, 1965 - Jan. 12, 2013
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- Mary Anne Knox Mary Anne Knox May 26, 1928 - Dec. 2, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Anne Knox, 85, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully at the Alverno on December 2, 2013. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 7 at the Greater True Love Baptis
- Dorothy M. Schaver Dorothy M. Schaver Oct. 4, 1927 - Dec. 3, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Dorothy M. Schaver, 86, of Fulton, died Tuesday, December 3, 2013, at her home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, December 7, 2013, at the Trinity Reformed Church i
- Glen Whiting Glen Whiting Aug. 17, 1931 - Dec. 2, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Glen Whiting lived his life to care for his family, friends and country. He put them first, adhereing to the motto of his 2nd Infantry Battalion in Korea, "Second to None". At the age of 82,
- Zachary 'Zac' T. Isenhart CHADWICK, Ill. -- Zachary "Zac" T. Isenhart, 25, of Chadwick, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of life gathering will be held from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013 at the C
- Mickey Joe Hahn Mickey Joe Hahn April 16, 1950 - Dec. 2, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. - Mickey Joe Hahn, 63 of Morrison died Monday December 2, 2013 at Morrison Community Hospital. He was born on April 16, 1950 in Sterling, the son of Leonard and Mary (Miller) Hahn and was
- Jeane A. Housenga Jeane A. Housenga Dec. 20, 1935 - Nov. 23, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Jeane A. Housenga, 77, of Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, died Saturday, Nov. 23, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held
- Carl Huffman Maquoketa Carl Huffman Carl Huffman, 75, of Maqoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines