June 10, 1917 - Jan. 21, 2013
Helen C. Otto, 95, of Camanche, died Sunday, January 21, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center South, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Wednesday, January 23, 2013, at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will follow in the Rose Hill Cemetery. Visitation will be Wednesday from 9 a.m. until the service hour at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Serving as pallbearers will be Greg Humrichouse, Phil Peters, Kaleb Wilcox, Tye Otto, Alex Otto and Dean Snyder.
Helen Turner was born June 10, 1917, in Rice Lake, WI, the daughter of Charles and Minnie (McCullen) Turner. She married Archie Otto in Morrison, Illinois, on May 6, 1936; he died September 29, 1974.
Helen was employed at the One-In-Hand Tie Company in South Clinton. She had also worked at Collis Co., Curtis Co., and Jim Walters in Camanche, She retired in 1977.
She is survived by her daughters, Pat (LeRoy) Langrehr Jr. of Camanche and Phyllis (Ronald) Putman of Mt. Dora, FL; seven grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; 2 great-great-grandchildren; brothers, Jerry Turner of Camanche, Robert Turner of Burnsville, MN, and James Turner of Clinton; sisters, Pearl Perryman of Clinton and Rosie Jensen of Camanche.
Helen was preceded in death by her parents and stepmother, Dora Turner; son, Gene Otto; daughter, Joyce Hager; twin daughters in infancy; brothers, Lee, Cecil, Art and Chuck Turner; and sisters, Doris Sorensen and Charlotte Temple.
Death date: Jan. 21, 2013
June 10, 1917 - Jan. 21, 2013
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines