June 10, 1917 - Jan. 21, 2013
Helen C. Otto, 95, of Camanche, died Sunday, January 21, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center South, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Wednesday, January 23, 2013, at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will follow in the Rose Hill Cemetery. Visitation will be Wednesday from 9 a.m. until the service hour at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Serving as pallbearers will be Greg Humrichouse, Phil Peters, Kaleb Wilcox, Tye Otto, Alex Otto and Dean Snyder.
Helen Turner was born June 10, 1917, in Rice Lake, WI, the daughter of Charles and Minnie (McCullen) Turner. She married Archie Otto in Morrison, Illinois, on May 6, 1936; he died September 29, 1974.
Helen was employed at the One-In-Hand Tie Company in South Clinton. She had also worked at Collis Co., Curtis Co., and Jim Walters in Camanche, She retired in 1977.
She is survived by her daughters, Pat (LeRoy) Langrehr Jr. of Camanche and Phyllis (Ronald) Putman of Mt. Dora, FL; seven grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; 2 great-great-grandchildren; brothers, Jerry Turner of Camanche, Robert Turner of Burnsville, MN, and James Turner of Clinton; sisters, Pearl Perryman of Clinton and Rosie Jensen of Camanche.
Helen was preceded in death by her parents and stepmother, Dora Turner; son, Gene Otto; daughter, Joyce Hager; twin daughters in infancy; brothers, Lee, Cecil, Art and Chuck Turner; and sisters, Doris Sorensen and Charlotte Temple.
Death date: Jan. 21, 2013
June 10, 1917 - Jan. 21, 2013
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines