June 10, 1917 - Jan. 21, 2013
Helen C. Otto, 95, of Camanche, died Sunday, January 21, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center South, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Wednesday, January 23, 2013, at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will follow in the Rose Hill Cemetery. Visitation will be Wednesday from 9 a.m. until the service hour at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Serving as pallbearers will be Greg Humrichouse, Phil Peters, Kaleb Wilcox, Tye Otto, Alex Otto and Dean Snyder.
Helen Turner was born June 10, 1917, in Rice Lake, WI, the daughter of Charles and Minnie (McCullen) Turner. She married Archie Otto in Morrison, Illinois, on May 6, 1936; he died September 29, 1974.
Helen was employed at the One-In-Hand Tie Company in South Clinton. She had also worked at Collis Co., Curtis Co., and Jim Walters in Camanche, She retired in 1977.
She is survived by her daughters, Pat (LeRoy) Langrehr Jr. of Camanche and Phyllis (Ronald) Putman of Mt. Dora, FL; seven grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; 2 great-great-grandchildren; brothers, Jerry Turner of Camanche, Robert Turner of Burnsville, MN, and James Turner of Clinton; sisters, Pearl Perryman of Clinton and Rosie Jensen of Camanche.
Helen was preceded in death by her parents and stepmother, Dora Turner; son, Gene Otto; daughter, Joyce Hager; twin daughters in infancy; brothers, Lee, Cecil, Art and Chuck Turner; and sisters, Doris Sorensen and Charlotte Temple.
Death date: Jan. 21, 2013
June 10, 1917 - Jan. 21, 2013
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines