Ross E. Spooner
June 4, 1940-Jan. 26, 2013
CLINTON — Ross E. Spooner, age 72, of Clinton, passed away Saturday January 26, 2013, at his home surrounded by his family.
Visitation will be from 3 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, January 30, 2013, at the Pape Funeral Home. Following the visitation, cremation rites will be accorded. A private burial will take place at a later date in Oakland Cemetery. Memorials may be given to the Community Congregational Church, UCC or to the family.
Ross was born in Clinton on June 4, 1940, the son of Harry and Helen (Buckley) Spooner. He graduated from Clinton High School in 1958. Ross married Lynda Goldensoph on November 20, 1959, in Clinton. Ross was a journeyman ironworker and a business agent for Local 111 in Rock Island. He served as a Clinton County supervisor for 12 years. He was a member of Community Congregational UCC, Lyons Lodge AF&AM #93 and the Immulation Lodge. He had served on the board and as past president of the Clinton County Conservation and Clinton County Mental Health Boards. He was very involved in the Iowa-Illinois Highway Partnership and in the development of the Eco Center in Rock Creek Park. Ross served on the ECIA Board, Pathway Living Center Board, the 7th Judicial District Corrections Board and New Directions. He had been a recipient of the Iowa Democratic Hall of Fame. He enjoyed duck hunting and fishing.
Ross is survived by his wife, Lynda; five children: Kelly (David) Stoller of Clinton, Shawn (Donna) Spooner of Cedar Rapids, Dawn (Mike) Mulholland, Shannon (Dana) Spooner and Darcy (John) Spitzer, all of Clinton; 11 grandchildren: Neal (Karolyn) Stoller of Champaign, IL, Kyle Stoller of Clinton, Austin Spooner of Marion, IA, Jordan Spooner of Cedar Rapids, Matthew Mulholland, Sean Mulholland and Michael Mulholland all of Clinton, Alayna Spooner of Ankeny, Logan Spooner of Clinton, and Taylor and Jamie Lynn Spitzer, both of Clinton; a stepgranddaughter, Keely Pearson of Ankeny; a great-granddaughter, Jayden Spooner; two sisters, Gayla Rixen and Marcia (Don) Lass, both of Clinton; and a brother, David (Micky) Spooner of Clinton; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two sisters, Jackie Schaeffer and Kay Weinbeck; and two brothers, Arthur and Dwayne.
Online condolences may be left at wwwpapefh.com.
Death date: Jan. 26, 2013
Ross E. Spooner
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines