July 19, 1935 - Jan. 30, 2013
Etta Goddard-Bergl, 77, formerly of Dixon, Illinois, passed away Wednesday morning, January 30, 2013, at Westwing Place, DeWitt, Iowa.
Cremation rites were accorded. Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt is assisting the family. Interment will take place at a later date at St. Adalbert Cemetery, Niles, Illinois. A memorial service will be held in the spring, at Grace Lutheran Church, DeWitt, with date and time to be announced by Schultz Funeral Home. Memorials may be made to Grace Lutheran Church, DeWitt, the American Cancer Society, or the donor’s choice.
Etta was born Etta Mae Goddard, the daughter of William and Helen (Rowson) Goddard, on July 19, 1935, in Clinton, Iowa. She graduated in May of 1953, from Welton High School. In June of 1956, she graduated from Moline Public Hospital with an R.N. degree. She married Leonard Stanley Bergl on September 9, 1967. He preceded her in death on April 14, 1995.
Etta worked as a nurse and loved to travel and read. She had a deep affection for her family and friends, especially the nurses from her graduating class. She easily made friends wherever she went.
Those left to honor her memory include siblings, Jean (Rodney) Passig, Sylvia Collins, Bill (Kathy) Goddard, Ken (Marjorie) Goddard, Chuck (Kay) Goddard, Randy (Cheri) Goddard; and many nieces and nephews.
Etta was preceded in death by her husband; parents; sister and brother-in-law, Lu and Dale Campbell; brother-in-law, Richard Collins; and sister-in-law, Mary Goddard.
Condolences may be expressed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 30, 2013
July 19, 1935 - Jan. 30, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines