July 19, 1935 - Jan. 30, 2013
Etta Goddard-Bergl, 77, formerly of Dixon, Illinois, passed away Wednesday morning, January 30, 2013, at Westwing Place, DeWitt, Iowa.
Cremation rites were accorded. Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt is assisting the family. Interment will take place at a later date at St. Adalbert Cemetery, Niles, Illinois. A memorial service will be held in the spring, at Grace Lutheran Church, DeWitt, with date and time to be announced by Schultz Funeral Home. Memorials may be made to Grace Lutheran Church, DeWitt, the American Cancer Society, or the donor’s choice.
Etta was born Etta Mae Goddard, the daughter of William and Helen (Rowson) Goddard, on July 19, 1935, in Clinton, Iowa. She graduated in May of 1953, from Welton High School. In June of 1956, she graduated from Moline Public Hospital with an R.N. degree. She married Leonard Stanley Bergl on September 9, 1967. He preceded her in death on April 14, 1995.
Etta worked as a nurse and loved to travel and read. She had a deep affection for her family and friends, especially the nurses from her graduating class. She easily made friends wherever she went.
Those left to honor her memory include siblings, Jean (Rodney) Passig, Sylvia Collins, Bill (Kathy) Goddard, Ken (Marjorie) Goddard, Chuck (Kay) Goddard, Randy (Cheri) Goddard; and many nieces and nephews.
Etta was preceded in death by her husband; parents; sister and brother-in-law, Lu and Dale Campbell; brother-in-law, Richard Collins; and sister-in-law, Mary Goddard.
Condolences may be expressed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 30, 2013
July 19, 1935 - Jan. 30, 2013
- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, died Thursday, at her home. Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory with Rev. Chris Minor-Heilig officiating. Burial will be in
- Robert Petersen Clinton Robert Petersen Robert Petersen, 84, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Leslie C. Chandler Clinton Leslie C. Chandler Leslie C. Chandler, 89, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes South Chapel.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, died Wednesday, Mercy Medical Center North. A funeral Mass will be 1 p.m. Saturday at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial visitation will be Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Clint
- Carl Junior Anderson Carl Junior Anderson Oct. 19, 2013 - Dec. 5, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Carl Junior Anderson loved his country, veterans and collecting and shooting his guns. He died at age 73 in Thomson, Illinois, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at his home surrounded by hi
- Madonna Finch Clinton Madonna Finch Madonna Finch, 80, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Nora Glazier LYNDON, Ill. -- Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the Morrison Chapel of the
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- More Obituaries Headlines