July 19, 1935 - Jan. 30, 2013
Etta Goddard-Bergl, 77, formerly of Dixon, Illinois, passed away Wednesday morning, January 30, 2013, at Westwing Place, DeWitt, Iowa.
Cremation rites were accorded. Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt is assisting the family. Interment will take place at a later date at St. Adalbert Cemetery, Niles, Illinois. A memorial service will be held in the spring, at Grace Lutheran Church, DeWitt, with date and time to be announced by Schultz Funeral Home. Memorials may be made to Grace Lutheran Church, DeWitt, the American Cancer Society, or the donor’s choice.
Etta was born Etta Mae Goddard, the daughter of William and Helen (Rowson) Goddard, on July 19, 1935, in Clinton, Iowa. She graduated in May of 1953, from Welton High School. In June of 1956, she graduated from Moline Public Hospital with an R.N. degree. She married Leonard Stanley Bergl on September 9, 1967. He preceded her in death on April 14, 1995.
Etta worked as a nurse and loved to travel and read. She had a deep affection for her family and friends, especially the nurses from her graduating class. She easily made friends wherever she went.
Those left to honor her memory include siblings, Jean (Rodney) Passig, Sylvia Collins, Bill (Kathy) Goddard, Ken (Marjorie) Goddard, Chuck (Kay) Goddard, Randy (Cheri) Goddard; and many nieces and nephews.
Etta was preceded in death by her husband; parents; sister and brother-in-law, Lu and Dale Campbell; brother-in-law, Richard Collins; and sister-in-law, Mary Goddard.
Condolences may be expressed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 30, 2013
July 19, 1935 - Jan. 30, 2013
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines