Ottawa, Ill. —
Marcella L. McConnell
Dec. 18, 1916-Feb. 3, 2013
OTTAWA, Ill. — Marcella L. McConnell, 96, of Ottawa, Illinois, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, February 3, 2013, at OSF St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Ottawa, Illinois.
A funeral Mass will be 10 a.m. Saturday, February 9, 2013, at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Matthew Slattery, Neil Conroy, Todd Conroy, Ian Miller, Nate Miller and Caid Slattery. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the Mass time. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory is assisting the family.
Marcella L. DeCook was born on December 18, 1916, the daughter of Thomas and Mary (DeSchepper) DeCook. She was a 1935 graduate of St. Joseph High School in Bellevue, Iowa. She married Don McConnell on February 19, 1942; he died January 18, 1973.
Marcella was a homemaker. She also worked as a secretary/bookkeeper for St. Mary’s School until she retired in 1982.
Marcella was a member of Altar & Rosary Society.
Marcella is survived by three daughters: Janet (Jerome) Slattery of Chicago, Illinois, Kay (Douglas) Conroy of Ottawa, Illinois, and JoEllen (Zack) Miller of St. Paul, Minnesota; 11 grandchildren, 8 great-grandchildren; and one sister, Marjorie Hipschen of Bellevue, Iowa.
Marcella was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; her son, Patrick; one sister, Gladys; and one brother, Vincent.
Memorials can be made to the American Heart Association.
Death date: Feb. 3, 2013
Ottawa, Ill. —
Marcella L. McConnell
- Geffrey E. Galloway Geffrey E. Galloway March 11, 1950 - March 6, 2014 MECHANICSVILLE -- Geffrey E. Galloway, 63, died March 6, 2014 in his Mechanicsville home. Visitation/open house for Geff will be from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 13 at Fry Funeral Home in Ti
- William Wagner THOMSON, Ill. -- William Wagner, 90, of Thomson, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Thomson. Burial with military rites will take place at Lower York C
- Richard N. Varner Richard N. Varner May 29, 1929 - March 9, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center South Campus. Honoring his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Funeral services will be Thursday,
- James C. Thyne James C. Thyne Feb. 19, 1952 - March 10, 2014 CLINTON -- James C. Thyne, age 62, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 10, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, March 15th, at Prince of Peace Par
- Alberta J. Wiebenga MORRISON, Ill. -- Alberta J. Wiebenga, 82, of Morrison, died Monday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home with Ken Renkes, director of Congrega
- Bernice Bartels DELMAR -- Bernice Bartels, 93, of Delmar, died Tuesday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at th
- Michael Scott Lord Michael Scott Lord June 10, 1964 - March 9, 2014 SIKESTON, Mo. -- Michael Scott Lord, age 49, formerly of Maysville, was born June 10, 1964 and passed away March 9, 2014 in Sikeston, Missouri. Michael was a graduate of Maysville High School and Misso
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- More Obituaries Headlines