Ottawa, Ill. —
Marcella L. McConnell
Dec. 18, 1916-Feb. 3, 2013
OTTAWA, Ill. — Marcella L. McConnell, 96, of Ottawa, Illinois, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, February 3, 2013, at OSF St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Ottawa, Illinois.
A funeral Mass will be 10 a.m. Saturday, February 9, 2013, at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Matthew Slattery, Neil Conroy, Todd Conroy, Ian Miller, Nate Miller and Caid Slattery. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the Mass time. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory is assisting the family.
Marcella L. DeCook was born on December 18, 1916, the daughter of Thomas and Mary (DeSchepper) DeCook. She was a 1935 graduate of St. Joseph High School in Bellevue, Iowa. She married Don McConnell on February 19, 1942; he died January 18, 1973.
Marcella was a homemaker. She also worked as a secretary/bookkeeper for St. Mary’s School until she retired in 1982.
Marcella was a member of Altar & Rosary Society.
Marcella is survived by three daughters: Janet (Jerome) Slattery of Chicago, Illinois, Kay (Douglas) Conroy of Ottawa, Illinois, and JoEllen (Zack) Miller of St. Paul, Minnesota; 11 grandchildren, 8 great-grandchildren; and one sister, Marjorie Hipschen of Bellevue, Iowa.
Marcella was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; her son, Patrick; one sister, Gladys; and one brother, Vincent.
Memorials can be made to the American Heart Association.
Death date: Feb. 3, 2013
Ottawa, Ill. —
Marcella L. McConnell
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines