March 12, 1926 - Feb. 8, 2013
Clarence G. Henry Sr., 86, of Camanche, Iowa, passed away peacefully at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Clinton, on February, 8, 2013.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Tuesday, February 12, at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Visitation will be Tuesday from 9 a.m. to the service time at the funeral home. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery with military honors being conducted by the Camanche VFW. Pallbearers will be Grant Henry, Gene Dickinson, Joe Henry, Lou Kracuin Jr., Scott Dickinson and Tate Tiesman.
Clarence was born March, 12, 1926, in Waukon, Iowa, to Theodore and Lillian (Waters) Henry. He was raised in Waukon. After graduating from Waukon High School in 1944, Clarence enlisted in the U.S. Army. He was a veteran serving in both World War II and Korea.
On September 1, 1948, Clarence married Nada (McDonald) in Jeffersonville, Indiana. He began a career in welding which was cut short when he contracted polio. He was hospitalized at the University of Iowa Hospitals and was one of the first Iowans on an Iron Lung. After an extensive rehabilitation, Clarence was able to return home. He was later employed with Syvier Steel in Bettendorf, Iowa, until his retirement in 1981.
During his early years, Clarence was involved with both the Cub and Boy Scouts. He was a lifetime member of the VFW. He was a member of the Church of the Visitation and a past member of its parish council. Clarence was an avid reader and historian studying the Civil War. He enjoyed the outdoors, fishing and hunting. After his retirement, Clarence and Nada would travel to area camp sites and enjoyed visiting and befriending the many people they would meet.
Clarence is survived by his wife, Nada, of 64 years; four children: Clarence, Jr. (Margaret) of Clinton, Walter (Sheryl) of Surprise Arizona, Annette (Gene Dickinson) of Savanna and Grant of Camanche; seven grandchildren: Scott Dickinson, Meghan Gutierrez, Thaddeus Dickinson, Brandi Tiesman, Molly Harlow, Bridget Siegel, Katie Graves; 12 great-grandchildren; two sisters, Donna Jeffrey of Camarillo California, and Helen (Allen) Kubitz of Sparks, Nevada; a brother-in-law, Bill Zeh of Henderson Nevada; and a sister-in-law, Charlotte Widmer of Port St. Lucie, Florida.
Memorials can be made to the VA Hospital in Iowa City, Iowa.
Death date: Feb. 8, 2013
March 12, 1926 - Feb. 8, 2013
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines