March 17, 1938 - Feb. 10, 2013
Carolyn Jewel Johannsen, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center North on February 10, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, February 15, at the Zion Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, February 14, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Carolyn was born on March 17, 1938, in Davenport, Iowa, the daughter of Robert and Mildred (Pennock) Nantz. She was a 1956 graduate of DeWitt High School. She was united in marriage to Stanley Johannsen on September 22, 1957, in DeWitt, Iowa.
Carolyn was a homemaker. She was a member of the Zion Lutheran Church, the Clinton Women’s Bowling Association and the Clinton Moose Lodge.
She enjoyed camping, bowling, playing bingo and was a beloved Iowa Hawkeye fan.
Carolyn is survived by her husband, Stanley, of Clinton, IA; one daughter, Sara (Ronald) Darling of Clinton, IA; two sons, Tim Johannsen of Clinton, IA, Christopher (Tammy) Johannsen of Cordova, IL; six grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; one sister, Barbara Nantz of DeWitt, IA; one brother, James (Karen) Nantz of Mercedes, TX; two brothers-in-law, Lonnie (Carol) Johannsen of Eldridge, IA, and Leon (Phyllis) Johannsen of Hot Springs, AR; one sister-in-law, Vallene Olson of DeWitt, IA; and her loving dog, “Mitzi.”
She was preceded in death by her parents and her son, Michael.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Feb. 10, 2013
March 17, 1938 - Feb. 10, 2013
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines