March 17, 1938 - Feb. 10, 2013
Carolyn Jewel Johannsen, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center North on February 10, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, February 15, at the Zion Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, February 14, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Carolyn was born on March 17, 1938, in Davenport, Iowa, the daughter of Robert and Mildred (Pennock) Nantz. She was a 1956 graduate of DeWitt High School. She was united in marriage to Stanley Johannsen on September 22, 1957, in DeWitt, Iowa.
Carolyn was a homemaker. She was a member of the Zion Lutheran Church, the Clinton Women’s Bowling Association and the Clinton Moose Lodge.
She enjoyed camping, bowling, playing bingo and was a beloved Iowa Hawkeye fan.
Carolyn is survived by her husband, Stanley, of Clinton, IA; one daughter, Sara (Ronald) Darling of Clinton, IA; two sons, Tim Johannsen of Clinton, IA, Christopher (Tammy) Johannsen of Cordova, IL; six grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; one sister, Barbara Nantz of DeWitt, IA; one brother, James (Karen) Nantz of Mercedes, TX; two brothers-in-law, Lonnie (Carol) Johannsen of Eldridge, IA, and Leon (Phyllis) Johannsen of Hot Springs, AR; one sister-in-law, Vallene Olson of DeWitt, IA; and her loving dog, “Mitzi.”
She was preceded in death by her parents and her son, Michael.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Feb. 10, 2013
March 17, 1938 - Feb. 10, 2013
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines