July 30, 1962 - Feb. 11, 2013
Kim Therese Limond, 50, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center North on February 11, 2013.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, February 18, at Jesus Christ Prince of Peace Church, Clinton. Visitation will be held from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday, February 17, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A WA-TAN-YE service will begin at 4 p.m. at the start of the visitation. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Kim was born July 30, 1962, in Maquoketa, Iowa, the daughter of Tom and Pat (Carraher) McAndrews. She was a 1980 graduate of Clarinda High School. She went on to acquire a Bachelor of Science at Northwest Missouri State and later a Master of Library Science at the University of Iowa. She was united in marriage to Philip Limond on April 24, 1999.
For over 25 years, she worked at the Clinton Public Library as a reference librarian and assistant director.
She was a very active member of Prince of Peace Parish often lecturing and singing in the church choir. She was also president of the WA-TAN-YE club.
Kim loved to read and work crossword puzzles and Sudoku. She enjoyed playing games on the computer and cooking. She loved animals especially her pet dog “Max.” She especially loved to take drives out to the area parks and walking on the river front. She will be greatly missed by her family and many friends.
Kim is survived by her husband, Philip; one daughter, Nicole (Gregory Braun) Walker of Fort Madison, IA; her parents, Tom and Pat McAndrews of Clarinda, IA; one sister, Angie (Brad) Scheib of Plymouth, MN; four brothers, Mark (Mary Frances) McAndrews of Des Moines, IA, Greg (Barbi) McAndrews of Ballwin, MO, Steve (Julie) McAndrews of Clarinda, IA, Shawn (Barb) of Clarinda, IA; 19 nieces and nephews; father in-law, William Limond of Morrison IL; one sister-in-law, Melissa (Steve) Huizenga of Fulton, Ill.; one brother-in-law, Steve (Linda) Limond of Rock Falls, IL; many aunts and uncles, cousins and many friends.
Kim was preceded in death by her grandparents and her mother-in-law.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Feb. 11, 2013
July 30, 1962 - Feb. 11, 2013
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines