July 30, 1962 - Feb. 11, 2013
Kim Therese Limond, 50, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center North on February 11, 2013.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, February 18, at Jesus Christ Prince of Peace Church, Clinton. Visitation will be held from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday, February 17, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A WA-TAN-YE service will begin at 4 p.m. at the start of the visitation. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Kim was born July 30, 1962, in Maquoketa, Iowa, the daughter of Tom and Pat (Carraher) McAndrews. She was a 1980 graduate of Clarinda High School. She went on to acquire a Bachelor of Science at Northwest Missouri State and later a Master of Library Science at the University of Iowa. She was united in marriage to Philip Limond on April 24, 1999.
For over 25 years, she worked at the Clinton Public Library as a reference librarian and assistant director.
She was a very active member of Prince of Peace Parish often lecturing and singing in the church choir. She was also president of the WA-TAN-YE club.
Kim loved to read and work crossword puzzles and Sudoku. She enjoyed playing games on the computer and cooking. She loved animals especially her pet dog “Max.” She especially loved to take drives out to the area parks and walking on the river front. She will be greatly missed by her family and many friends.
Kim is survived by her husband, Philip; one daughter, Nicole (Gregory Braun) Walker of Fort Madison, IA; her parents, Tom and Pat McAndrews of Clarinda, IA; one sister, Angie (Brad) Scheib of Plymouth, MN; four brothers, Mark (Mary Frances) McAndrews of Des Moines, IA, Greg (Barbi) McAndrews of Ballwin, MO, Steve (Julie) McAndrews of Clarinda, IA, Shawn (Barb) of Clarinda, IA; 19 nieces and nephews; father in-law, William Limond of Morrison IL; one sister-in-law, Melissa (Steve) Huizenga of Fulton, Ill.; one brother-in-law, Steve (Linda) Limond of Rock Falls, IL; many aunts and uncles, cousins and many friends.
Kim was preceded in death by her grandparents and her mother-in-law.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Feb. 11, 2013
July 30, 1962 - Feb. 11, 2013
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines