April 17, 1947 - Feb. 13, 2013
Richard M. “Rich” Cornelius, 65, of Monticello, Iowa, died unexpectedly on Wednesday morning, February 13, 2013, at his home in Monticello, Iowa.
A celebration of Richard’s life will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, February 18, 2013, from the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, February 17, 2013, from the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Burial will be at the Union Cemetery, rural Maquoketa, Iowa.
Richard Milo Cornelius was born on April 17, 1947, in Clinton, Iowa, to Milo Fred and Flossie Louise (Peterson) Cornelius. He grew up in Andrew and was a 1965 graduate of Andrew High School. He then received his Associate Degree in drafting from Morrison Institute in Morrison, Illinois, and later attended New Tribes Bible Institute in Waukesha, Wisconsin. He married Sharon Kay Yappen on September 3, 1966, in Andrew, Iowa.
In 1966, Rich began a career in the grocery business. He first worked for Paetz Super Valu in Maquoketa, then Fareway Foods, Kohl’s II, Econo Foods and HyVee. He was a produce manager for 47 years retiring in 2011. As the grocery business called, Rich went and through the years they had lived in many places in eastern Iowa and western Illinois.
In 1985, Rich became a missionary pastor for Bible Extension Ministries Association starting churches in eastern Iowa. For the past five years, Rich had served as the Bible class leader of Living Hope Bible Church in Mechanicsville, Iowa.
Rich was an avid Chicago Cubs fan and enjoyed model railroads. He especially enjoyed putting the railroad together with his youngest grandson, Nathaniel.
Those left to honor Richard’s memory include his wife, Sharon Cornelius of Monticello, IA; children, Annette (Jason) Shearier of Lake Mills, WI, and Jon Cornelius of Ely, IA; 3 grandchildren, Jessica, Justin and Nathaniel; a sister, Judy (Carl) Ganzer of Maquoketa, IA; brothers-in-law, David (Karen) Yappen of San Antonio, TX, and Patrick Yappen of Anamosa, IA; and sisters-in-law, Linda (Randy) Cox of Marion, IA, and Carol (Joe) Engler of Monticello, IA.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, memorials may be made to missions.
Online condolences may be left at www.CarsonAndSon.com.
Death date: Feb. 13, 2013
April 17, 1947 - Feb. 13, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines