Feb. 1, 1978 - Sept. 13, 2012
Rebecca Jo “Tut” Smith, age 34, of Camanche, passed away Thursday, Sept. 13, 2012, at Mercy South Medical Center after battling melanoma cancer for two and half years.
Funeral services will be held 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be held Saturday from 10 a.m. until the service hour at the funeral home. The family requests casual attire for those attending the funeral service. Following the funeral service, cremation rites will be accorded. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Rebecca was born on Feb. 1, 1978, in Clinton, the daughter of Stephen and Linda (Shockey) Runge. She graduated from Camanche High School in 1996. She married Alvin “Nick” Smith on Nov. 5, 2005, in Clinton. She worked at the Kwikstar Truck Stop and at A.V. Trucking in Camanche. She enjoyed bowling where she competed in the Iowa High School State Championship Tournament, and jigsaw puzzles, reading, spending time with her son and grandchildren and her dog, Luigi.
Rebecca is survived by her husband, Nick, of Camanche; a son, Andy Runge at home; three stepchildren, Crystal (Tim) Rekenthaler of Clinton, Megan Smith of Camanche and LaDon “Bubba” (Valerie) Smith of Kensel, ND; three grandchildren, Noah, Eryn and Abbey; two sisters, Lisa (Greg) Edmunds and Tammy Godat, both of Clinton; a brother, Tom (Khristie) Runge of Princeton; and her parents, Stephen and Linda Runge of Camanche; and her grandmother, Donna Shockey of Camanche; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her grandparents.
Death date: Sept. 13, 2012
Feb. 1, 1978 - Sept. 13, 2012
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines