Dec. 22, 1966 - Nov. 2, 2012
Joseph Andrew Shafar, 45, of Camanche, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton, Iowa, on November 2nd, 2012.
Cremation rights have been accorded and a celebration of his life will take place Sunday, November 4th, at 3 p.m. at the Lemke Funeral Homes South Chapel. Visitation is from 1 to 3 p.m. on Sunday, November 4th, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Joseph was born December 22, 1966, in Fort Dodge, Iowa, the son of Johnny and Georgia (Steckelberg) Shafar.
Joseph operated a lawn care business. He was an artist and loved to draw. He also enjoyed body building.
Joseph is survived by his mother, Georgia (Steve) Mooney of Camanche, Iowa; 3 sisters, Tracy Shafer of Clinton, Jackie (Terry) Kammerer of Camanche Iowa, Sally (Jerry) Casebeer of Sabula Iowa; one brother, Gary (Susan) Shafer of Camanche Iowa; one nephew, Brandon Hicks; 8 nieces: Jessica Vineyard, Jennifer Kammerer, Jaime Kammerer, Crystal Graham, Trisha Green, Amanda LePrevost, Cherly LePrevost, Shawna LePrevost; 4 great-nieces, Emily Grahm, Ezabella Perez, Jaylynn Green, Deztine Green; 2 great-nephews, David Graham and Aaron Graham.
He was preceded in death by his father, Johnny, and his grandparents.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 2, 2012
Dec. 22, 1966 - Nov. 2, 2012
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines