Dec. 22, 1966 - Nov. 2, 2012
Joseph Andrew Shafar, 45, of Camanche, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton, Iowa, on November 2nd, 2012.
Cremation rights have been accorded and a celebration of his life will take place Sunday, November 4th, at 3 p.m. at the Lemke Funeral Homes South Chapel. Visitation is from 1 to 3 p.m. on Sunday, November 4th, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Joseph was born December 22, 1966, in Fort Dodge, Iowa, the son of Johnny and Georgia (Steckelberg) Shafar.
Joseph operated a lawn care business. He was an artist and loved to draw. He also enjoyed body building.
Joseph is survived by his mother, Georgia (Steve) Mooney of Camanche, Iowa; 3 sisters, Tracy Shafer of Clinton, Jackie (Terry) Kammerer of Camanche Iowa, Sally (Jerry) Casebeer of Sabula Iowa; one brother, Gary (Susan) Shafer of Camanche Iowa; one nephew, Brandon Hicks; 8 nieces: Jessica Vineyard, Jennifer Kammerer, Jaime Kammerer, Crystal Graham, Trisha Green, Amanda LePrevost, Cherly LePrevost, Shawna LePrevost; 4 great-nieces, Emily Grahm, Ezabella Perez, Jaylynn Green, Deztine Green; 2 great-nephews, David Graham and Aaron Graham.
He was preceded in death by his father, Johnny, and his grandparents.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 2, 2012
Dec. 22, 1966 - Nov. 2, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines