Dec. 22, 1966 - Nov. 2, 2012
Joseph Andrew Shafar, 45, of Camanche, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton, Iowa, on November 2nd, 2012.
Cremation rights have been accorded and a celebration of his life will take place Sunday, November 4th, at 3 p.m. at the Lemke Funeral Homes South Chapel. Visitation is from 1 to 3 p.m. on Sunday, November 4th, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Joseph was born December 22, 1966, in Fort Dodge, Iowa, the son of Johnny and Georgia (Steckelberg) Shafar.
Joseph operated a lawn care business. He was an artist and loved to draw. He also enjoyed body building.
Joseph is survived by his mother, Georgia (Steve) Mooney of Camanche, Iowa; 3 sisters, Tracy Shafer of Clinton, Jackie (Terry) Kammerer of Camanche Iowa, Sally (Jerry) Casebeer of Sabula Iowa; one brother, Gary (Susan) Shafer of Camanche Iowa; one nephew, Brandon Hicks; 8 nieces: Jessica Vineyard, Jennifer Kammerer, Jaime Kammerer, Crystal Graham, Trisha Green, Amanda LePrevost, Cherly LePrevost, Shawna LePrevost; 4 great-nieces, Emily Grahm, Ezabella Perez, Jaylynn Green, Deztine Green; 2 great-nephews, David Graham and Aaron Graham.
He was preceded in death by his father, Johnny, and his grandparents.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 2, 2012
Dec. 22, 1966 - Nov. 2, 2012
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines