Dec. 19, 1987 - Nov. 9, 2012
Eric Bark, age 24, of DeWitt, Iowa, beloved son and brother, and an Ashford University student died Friday, November 9, 2012.
Eric was born December 19, 1987, in Davenport, Iowa, the son of Rick and JoEllen (Rucker) Bark. He is a 2006 graduate of Camanche High School, Camanche, Iowa. Eric then graduated Phi Theta Kappa from Clinton Community College 2008. He was currently pursuing a teaching degree at Ashford University, Clinton.
At the age of 13, Eric taught himself to play the guitar. He loved playing his guitars, writing songs, running with his dog, Rocky, and drawing. He had just finished recording a CD of his own music. Eric had a passion for gaining any knowledge he could.
Eric will be dearly missed by his parents, Rick and JoEllen Bark of Thomson; two sisters, Amy (Dustin) Oldsen of Clinton and Leah Bark of Thomson; and his niece, Emily Oldsen.
He is preceded in death by his great-uncle Lane Brewster and his uncle, Larry “Geno” Otto.
A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, November 14, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. Burial will be in Savanna Township Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, November 13, 2012, at the funeral home. A memorial fund has been established in Eric’s name.
Online condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Death date: Nov. 9, 2012
Dec. 19, 1987 - Nov. 9, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines