Alfred ‘Al’ Pitts
Feb. 4, 1923-March 6, 2013
CLINTON — Alfred “Al” Pitts, age 90, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at his home.
Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Thursday, March 14, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be Thursday, March 14, from 11 a.m. until the service hour at the funeral home. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Alfred was born on Feb. 4, 1923, in Briartown, OK, the son of William and Vina (Sisk) Pitts. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He married Dora Smith on Sept. 17, 1955, in Clinton. Al worked at Clinton Corn (ADM) for over 35 years, retiring in 1979. He was a member of the 91st General Hospital Association. He enjoyed fishing, hiking, gardening, playing the harmonica and the company of his family and friends.
Alfred is survived by his wife, Dora Pitts, of Clinton; five children: Timothy Pitts of Davenport, Al “Arnie” (Gerri) Pitts of Camanche, Marilyn Pitts of Los Angeles, CA, James (Dawn) Pitts of Las Vegas, NV, and Sandra (Joel) Schmidt of Robins, IA; seven grandchildren and five great-grandchildren; and a sister, Ima Carter of Modesto, CA.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a daughter, three brothers and three sisters.
Death date: March 6, 2013
Alfred ‘Al’ Pitts
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks