Alfred ‘Al’ Pitts
Feb. 4, 1923-March 6, 2013
CLINTON — Alfred “Al” Pitts, age 90, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at his home.
Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Thursday, March 14, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be Thursday, March 14, from 11 a.m. until the service hour at the funeral home. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Alfred was born on Feb. 4, 1923, in Briartown, OK, the son of William and Vina (Sisk) Pitts. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He married Dora Smith on Sept. 17, 1955, in Clinton. Al worked at Clinton Corn (ADM) for over 35 years, retiring in 1979. He was a member of the 91st General Hospital Association. He enjoyed fishing, hiking, gardening, playing the harmonica and the company of his family and friends.
Alfred is survived by his wife, Dora Pitts, of Clinton; five children: Timothy Pitts of Davenport, Al “Arnie” (Gerri) Pitts of Camanche, Marilyn Pitts of Los Angeles, CA, James (Dawn) Pitts of Las Vegas, NV, and Sandra (Joel) Schmidt of Robins, IA; seven grandchildren and five great-grandchildren; and a sister, Ima Carter of Modesto, CA.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a daughter, three brothers and three sisters.
Death date: March 6, 2013
Alfred ‘Al’ Pitts
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines