Fulton, Ill. —
Dorothy Ruth Wierenga
Dec. 10, 1922-March 9, 2013
FULTON, Ill. — Dorothy Ruth Wierenga, 90, of Fulton, died Saturday, March 9, 2013, at the Alverno health care facility in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. The Rev. Scott Stephan, pastor of Second Reformed Church in Fulton, will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that memorials be made to Second Reformed Church in Fulton.
She was born December 10, 1922, in Clinton to Henry J. and Ruth (Dykema) Flikkema.
Dorothy was educated in the Fulton Grade School and graduated from Fulton High School in 1940. She then attended Scovill Business College in Clinton.
She married Clifford W. Wierenga on April 23, 1943, in Kalamazoo, MI; he died January 9, 2003.
Dorothy was first employed as a secretary in Attorney Blodgett’s office for three years in Fulton. She then was a secretary for 20 years in the Cliff Wierenga Insurance Agency in Fulton, which she and her husband owned and operated until retiring in 1988.
Dorothy was a communicant member of Second Reformed Church in Fulton where she taught Sunday school for 25 years. She was a member and past president of the Willing Workers Circle of the church and later was an associate member. She was also a member of the Reformed Church Women’s Circle. Dorothy served as neighborhood chairman for the Girl Scouts in Fulton.
Survivors include one daughter, Carolyn J. (James E.) Brauch of Lockport, Ill.; one daughter-in-law, Shirley (John) Wierenga-Huber of Fulton; five grandchildren: Michelle (Robert) Halfman, Kathleen (William) Purdy, Kevin (Casey) Brauch, Renay (Dan) Byers and Kami (Derrin) Huizenga; nine great-grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Eleanor Kraft of Harvard, Ill.; one brother, Robert (Regi) Isenhart of Baltimore, MD; and special friends, Evan and Julie Davis and their children Scott (Lindsay) Davis and Kurt (April) Davis.
She was preceded in death by her husband and one son, Kenneth Wierenga.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: March 9, 2013
Fulton, Ill. —
Dorothy Ruth Wierenga
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines