Fulton, Ill. —
Dorothy Ruth Wierenga
Dec. 10, 1922-March 9, 2013
FULTON, Ill. — Dorothy Ruth Wierenga, 90, of Fulton, died Saturday, March 9, 2013, at the Alverno health care facility in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. The Rev. Scott Stephan, pastor of Second Reformed Church in Fulton, will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that memorials be made to Second Reformed Church in Fulton.
She was born December 10, 1922, in Clinton to Henry J. and Ruth (Dykema) Flikkema.
Dorothy was educated in the Fulton Grade School and graduated from Fulton High School in 1940. She then attended Scovill Business College in Clinton.
She married Clifford W. Wierenga on April 23, 1943, in Kalamazoo, MI; he died January 9, 2003.
Dorothy was first employed as a secretary in Attorney Blodgett’s office for three years in Fulton. She then was a secretary for 20 years in the Cliff Wierenga Insurance Agency in Fulton, which she and her husband owned and operated until retiring in 1988.
Dorothy was a communicant member of Second Reformed Church in Fulton where she taught Sunday school for 25 years. She was a member and past president of the Willing Workers Circle of the church and later was an associate member. She was also a member of the Reformed Church Women’s Circle. Dorothy served as neighborhood chairman for the Girl Scouts in Fulton.
Survivors include one daughter, Carolyn J. (James E.) Brauch of Lockport, Ill.; one daughter-in-law, Shirley (John) Wierenga-Huber of Fulton; five grandchildren: Michelle (Robert) Halfman, Kathleen (William) Purdy, Kevin (Casey) Brauch, Renay (Dan) Byers and Kami (Derrin) Huizenga; nine great-grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Eleanor Kraft of Harvard, Ill.; one brother, Robert (Regi) Isenhart of Baltimore, MD; and special friends, Evan and Julie Davis and their children Scott (Lindsay) Davis and Kurt (April) Davis.
She was preceded in death by her husband and one son, Kenneth Wierenga.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: March 9, 2013
Fulton, Ill. —
Dorothy Ruth Wierenga
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines