Fulton, Ill. —
Dorothy Ruth Wierenga
Dec. 10, 1922-March 9, 2013
FULTON, Ill. — Dorothy Ruth Wierenga, 90, of Fulton, died Saturday, March 9, 2013, at the Alverno health care facility in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. The Rev. Scott Stephan, pastor of Second Reformed Church in Fulton, will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that memorials be made to Second Reformed Church in Fulton.
She was born December 10, 1922, in Clinton to Henry J. and Ruth (Dykema) Flikkema.
Dorothy was educated in the Fulton Grade School and graduated from Fulton High School in 1940. She then attended Scovill Business College in Clinton.
She married Clifford W. Wierenga on April 23, 1943, in Kalamazoo, MI; he died January 9, 2003.
Dorothy was first employed as a secretary in Attorney Blodgett’s office for three years in Fulton. She then was a secretary for 20 years in the Cliff Wierenga Insurance Agency in Fulton, which she and her husband owned and operated until retiring in 1988.
Dorothy was a communicant member of Second Reformed Church in Fulton where she taught Sunday school for 25 years. She was a member and past president of the Willing Workers Circle of the church and later was an associate member. She was also a member of the Reformed Church Women’s Circle. Dorothy served as neighborhood chairman for the Girl Scouts in Fulton.
Survivors include one daughter, Carolyn J. (James E.) Brauch of Lockport, Ill.; one daughter-in-law, Shirley (John) Wierenga-Huber of Fulton; five grandchildren: Michelle (Robert) Halfman, Kathleen (William) Purdy, Kevin (Casey) Brauch, Renay (Dan) Byers and Kami (Derrin) Huizenga; nine great-grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Eleanor Kraft of Harvard, Ill.; one brother, Robert (Regi) Isenhart of Baltimore, MD; and special friends, Evan and Julie Davis and their children Scott (Lindsay) Davis and Kurt (April) Davis.
She was preceded in death by her husband and one son, Kenneth Wierenga.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: March 9, 2013
Fulton, Ill. —
Dorothy Ruth Wierenga
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines