Fulton, Ill. —
Dorothy Ruth Wierenga
Dec. 10, 1922-March 9, 2013
FULTON, Ill. — Dorothy Ruth Wierenga, 90, of Fulton, died Saturday, March 9, 2013, at the Alverno health care facility in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. The Rev. Scott Stephan, pastor of Second Reformed Church in Fulton, will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that memorials be made to Second Reformed Church in Fulton.
She was born December 10, 1922, in Clinton to Henry J. and Ruth (Dykema) Flikkema.
Dorothy was educated in the Fulton Grade School and graduated from Fulton High School in 1940. She then attended Scovill Business College in Clinton.
She married Clifford W. Wierenga on April 23, 1943, in Kalamazoo, MI; he died January 9, 2003.
Dorothy was first employed as a secretary in Attorney Blodgett’s office for three years in Fulton. She then was a secretary for 20 years in the Cliff Wierenga Insurance Agency in Fulton, which she and her husband owned and operated until retiring in 1988.
Dorothy was a communicant member of Second Reformed Church in Fulton where she taught Sunday school for 25 years. She was a member and past president of the Willing Workers Circle of the church and later was an associate member. She was also a member of the Reformed Church Women’s Circle. Dorothy served as neighborhood chairman for the Girl Scouts in Fulton.
Survivors include one daughter, Carolyn J. (James E.) Brauch of Lockport, Ill.; one daughter-in-law, Shirley (John) Wierenga-Huber of Fulton; five grandchildren: Michelle (Robert) Halfman, Kathleen (William) Purdy, Kevin (Casey) Brauch, Renay (Dan) Byers and Kami (Derrin) Huizenga; nine great-grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Eleanor Kraft of Harvard, Ill.; one brother, Robert (Regi) Isenhart of Baltimore, MD; and special friends, Evan and Julie Davis and their children Scott (Lindsay) Davis and Kurt (April) Davis.
She was preceded in death by her husband and one son, Kenneth Wierenga.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: March 9, 2013
Fulton, Ill. —
Dorothy Ruth Wierenga
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines