July 19, 1945 - Nov. 9, 2013
CAMANCHE — Bruce L. Scalfaro, 68, of Camanche, passed away on Saturday, November 9, 2013, at the University of Iowa Hospital, Iowa City.
Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home & Crematory. Visitation will be held on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 PM at the funeral home. Burial will be held at a later date in St. Bonaventure Cemetery, Allegany, NY.
Bruce was born July 19, 1945 in Bradford, PA the son of Phillip and Beulah (Hatch) Scalfaro. He was a 1963 graduate of Otto Eldred High School, Eldred, PA and Pattern Makers School, Olean, NY.
Bruce married Sara “Sally” Gray on October 20, 1973 in Olean, NY.
Bruce had been employed as a service representative for Dresser Rand for more than 47 years; he retired in 2010.
He was a member of the Moose Lodge and active with the Camanche Athletic Boosters. He enjoyed stock car racing and was a stock car driver for many years in Olean, NY and at the Bradford Speedway, Bradford, PA.
Survivors include his wife, Sara “Sally” Scalfaro of Camanche; children, Anthony (Tammy) Scalfaro of Wilmington, NC; Terry (Tracy) Scalfaro of Arlington, OH; Tobi Torrey of Friendship, NY; Michelle (Kevin) White of Iowa City, IA and Amy (Matt) Langfitt of Camanche, IA; 11 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; brother, Dean Scalfaro of Grand Junction, IA; sisters, Patricia Barton of Rixford, PA and Robin Fredrick of Duke Center, PA and step-mother, Theresa Scalfaro of Eldred, PA.
He was preceded in death by his parents, brother Jerry Scalfaro, and his special angel, grandson, Bryce Langfitt.
Memorials may be made to the Camanche Fire Department or Camanche Athletic Boosters.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Nov. 9, 2013
July 19, 1945 - Nov. 9, 2013
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines