July 19, 1945 - Nov. 9, 2013
CAMANCHE — Bruce L. Scalfaro, 68, of Camanche, passed away on Saturday, November 9, 2013, at the University of Iowa Hospital, Iowa City.
Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home & Crematory. Visitation will be held on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 PM at the funeral home. Burial will be held at a later date in St. Bonaventure Cemetery, Allegany, NY.
Bruce was born July 19, 1945 in Bradford, PA the son of Phillip and Beulah (Hatch) Scalfaro. He was a 1963 graduate of Otto Eldred High School, Eldred, PA and Pattern Makers School, Olean, NY.
Bruce married Sara “Sally” Gray on October 20, 1973 in Olean, NY.
Bruce had been employed as a service representative for Dresser Rand for more than 47 years; he retired in 2010.
He was a member of the Moose Lodge and active with the Camanche Athletic Boosters. He enjoyed stock car racing and was a stock car driver for many years in Olean, NY and at the Bradford Speedway, Bradford, PA.
Survivors include his wife, Sara “Sally” Scalfaro of Camanche; children, Anthony (Tammy) Scalfaro of Wilmington, NC; Terry (Tracy) Scalfaro of Arlington, OH; Tobi Torrey of Friendship, NY; Michelle (Kevin) White of Iowa City, IA and Amy (Matt) Langfitt of Camanche, IA; 11 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; brother, Dean Scalfaro of Grand Junction, IA; sisters, Patricia Barton of Rixford, PA and Robin Fredrick of Duke Center, PA and step-mother, Theresa Scalfaro of Eldred, PA.
He was preceded in death by his parents, brother Jerry Scalfaro, and his special angel, grandson, Bryce Langfitt.
Memorials may be made to the Camanche Fire Department or Camanche Athletic Boosters.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Nov. 9, 2013
July 19, 1945 - Nov. 9, 2013
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- Donald A. Lass Donald A. Lass Jan. 4, 1937 - March 3, 2014 CLINTON -- Donald A. Lass took his Savior's hand and stepped into paradise early Monday morning, March 3, 2014, his father's birthday, after succumbing to long-term effects of Parkinson's disease. Cremation
- Martin 'Marty' Fritz LANARK, Ill. -- Martin "Marty" Fritz, 89, of Lanark, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna, Ill. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at the First Brethren Church in Lanark, with Pastor E. C. Lathrop officiating. Military rit
- Richard S. “Dick” Lewandowski, Jr.
- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal OMAHA, Neb. -- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal, 71, of Omaha, died Feb. 13. Memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. March 29 with Captain Allen Otto officiating the service at the Salvation Army Citadel, 219 First Ave., with a luncheon to follow at the
- James L. 'Jamie' Yarolem BALDWIN -- James L. "Jamie" Yarolem, 48, of Baldwin, died Sunday at his mother's home in rural Baldwin. Friends and family may gather in remembrance on Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Cremation has taken p
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen