July 19, 1945 - Nov. 9, 2013
CAMANCHE — Bruce L. Scalfaro, 68, of Camanche, passed away on Saturday, November 9, 2013, at the University of Iowa Hospital, Iowa City.
Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home & Crematory. Visitation will be held on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 PM at the funeral home. Burial will be held at a later date in St. Bonaventure Cemetery, Allegany, NY.
Bruce was born July 19, 1945 in Bradford, PA the son of Phillip and Beulah (Hatch) Scalfaro. He was a 1963 graduate of Otto Eldred High School, Eldred, PA and Pattern Makers School, Olean, NY.
Bruce married Sara “Sally” Gray on October 20, 1973 in Olean, NY.
Bruce had been employed as a service representative for Dresser Rand for more than 47 years; he retired in 2010.
He was a member of the Moose Lodge and active with the Camanche Athletic Boosters. He enjoyed stock car racing and was a stock car driver for many years in Olean, NY and at the Bradford Speedway, Bradford, PA.
Survivors include his wife, Sara “Sally” Scalfaro of Camanche; children, Anthony (Tammy) Scalfaro of Wilmington, NC; Terry (Tracy) Scalfaro of Arlington, OH; Tobi Torrey of Friendship, NY; Michelle (Kevin) White of Iowa City, IA and Amy (Matt) Langfitt of Camanche, IA; 11 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; brother, Dean Scalfaro of Grand Junction, IA; sisters, Patricia Barton of Rixford, PA and Robin Fredrick of Duke Center, PA and step-mother, Theresa Scalfaro of Eldred, PA.
He was preceded in death by his parents, brother Jerry Scalfaro, and his special angel, grandson, Bryce Langfitt.
Memorials may be made to the Camanche Fire Department or Camanche Athletic Boosters.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Nov. 9, 2013
July 19, 1945 - Nov. 9, 2013
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- More Obituaries Headlines