July 19, 1945 - Nov. 9, 2013
CAMANCHE — Bruce L. Scalfaro, 68, of Camanche, passed away on Saturday, November 9, 2013, at the University of Iowa Hospital, Iowa City.
Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home & Crematory. Visitation will be held on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 PM at the funeral home. Burial will be held at a later date in St. Bonaventure Cemetery, Allegany, NY.
Bruce was born July 19, 1945 in Bradford, PA the son of Phillip and Beulah (Hatch) Scalfaro. He was a 1963 graduate of Otto Eldred High School, Eldred, PA and Pattern Makers School, Olean, NY.
Bruce married Sara “Sally” Gray on October 20, 1973 in Olean, NY.
Bruce had been employed as a service representative for Dresser Rand for more than 47 years; he retired in 2010.
He was a member of the Moose Lodge and active with the Camanche Athletic Boosters. He enjoyed stock car racing and was a stock car driver for many years in Olean, NY and at the Bradford Speedway, Bradford, PA.
Survivors include his wife, Sara “Sally” Scalfaro of Camanche; children, Anthony (Tammy) Scalfaro of Wilmington, NC; Terry (Tracy) Scalfaro of Arlington, OH; Tobi Torrey of Friendship, NY; Michelle (Kevin) White of Iowa City, IA and Amy (Matt) Langfitt of Camanche, IA; 11 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; brother, Dean Scalfaro of Grand Junction, IA; sisters, Patricia Barton of Rixford, PA and Robin Fredrick of Duke Center, PA and step-mother, Theresa Scalfaro of Eldred, PA.
He was preceded in death by his parents, brother Jerry Scalfaro, and his special angel, grandson, Bryce Langfitt.
Memorials may be made to the Camanche Fire Department or Camanche Athletic Boosters.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Nov. 9, 2013
July 19, 1945 - Nov. 9, 2013
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- Charles 'Charlie' L. Sexton Charles ‘Charlie’ L. SextonAug. 17, 1942 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — Charles “Charlie” L. Sexton, 71, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, July 18, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Cl
- Marjorie Behne WHEATLAND — Marjorie (Easton) Behne, 86, of Wheatland, died Friday at Wheatland Manor.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Schultz Funeral Home in Grand Mound. A service of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Christian Free
- More Obituaries Headlines