July 19, 1945 - Nov. 9, 2013
CAMANCHE — Bruce L. Scalfaro, 68, of Camanche, passed away on Saturday, November 9, 2013, at the University of Iowa Hospital, Iowa City.
Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home & Crematory. Visitation will be held on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 PM at the funeral home. Burial will be held at a later date in St. Bonaventure Cemetery, Allegany, NY.
Bruce was born July 19, 1945 in Bradford, PA the son of Phillip and Beulah (Hatch) Scalfaro. He was a 1963 graduate of Otto Eldred High School, Eldred, PA and Pattern Makers School, Olean, NY.
Bruce married Sara “Sally” Gray on October 20, 1973 in Olean, NY.
Bruce had been employed as a service representative for Dresser Rand for more than 47 years; he retired in 2010.
He was a member of the Moose Lodge and active with the Camanche Athletic Boosters. He enjoyed stock car racing and was a stock car driver for many years in Olean, NY and at the Bradford Speedway, Bradford, PA.
Survivors include his wife, Sara “Sally” Scalfaro of Camanche; children, Anthony (Tammy) Scalfaro of Wilmington, NC; Terry (Tracy) Scalfaro of Arlington, OH; Tobi Torrey of Friendship, NY; Michelle (Kevin) White of Iowa City, IA and Amy (Matt) Langfitt of Camanche, IA; 11 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; brother, Dean Scalfaro of Grand Junction, IA; sisters, Patricia Barton of Rixford, PA and Robin Fredrick of Duke Center, PA and step-mother, Theresa Scalfaro of Eldred, PA.
He was preceded in death by his parents, brother Jerry Scalfaro, and his special angel, grandson, Bryce Langfitt.
Memorials may be made to the Camanche Fire Department or Camanche Athletic Boosters.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Nov. 9, 2013
July 19, 1945 - Nov. 9, 2013
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines