July 19, 1926 - July 24, 2012
Louis Riojas, 86, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at the Alverno on July 24, 2012.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, July 27, at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will take place from 4 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, July 26, at the Church of the Open Door. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Louis was born on July 19, 1926, in McAllen, Texas, the son of Louis and Eutimia (Salas) Riojas. He graduated from McAllen High School, Texas. Louis served his Country for six years in the U.S. Army; a veteran of World War II and service in the Pacific theater. On July 24, 1953, he married Christine Saenz in McAllen, Texas; just recently celebrating 59 years of marriage.
Louis was employed with Northwestern Steel, as a security guard and union president. He retired from Northwestern Steel in 1992 after 20+ years. He was a member of the VFW and also a faithful member of the Church of the Open Door. Louis loved God, loved his family and was a beloved husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. He spent his last few years reading God’s word and spending time with his family. He will be deeply missed.
A special thank you to all of the nurses and the entire staff at the Alverno Nursing Home.
Louis is survived his wife, Christine, of Clinton; two daughters, Linda (John) Kugler of La Crosse, WI, and Diana (Brian) McGrath of La Crosse, WI; six sons, Steven (Sue) Riojas of Clinton, IA, David (Kelly) Riojas of Plainfield, IL, Richard (Becky) Riojas of Dixon, IL, Michael Riojas of Clinton, IA, Luis Riojas of Bettendorf, IA, Gabriel (Tamara) Riojas of Clinton, IA; many grandchildren and great-grandchildren; one sister and one brother both in Texas.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three sisters and three brothers.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 24, 2012
July 19, 1926 - July 24, 2012
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines