April 8, 1944 - Aug. 25, 2012
Dale Arnold Daniels, age 68, of Miles, Iowa, died on Saturday, August 25, 2012, at his home surrounded by his loving family.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, August 29, 2012, at the Green Island Congregational Church, Green Island, Iowa. Burial will take place in Reeseville Cemetery, rural Miles, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, August 28, 2012, at the Miller-Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston, Iowa. A memorial fund has been established in Dale’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Dale was born on April 8, 1944, the son of Leslie and Mavis (Baker) Daniels in Sabula, Iowa. He married Gayle Putman on September 30, 1967, in Bellevue, Iowa. Dale worked at the Lorrain Foundry in Maquoketa, Iowa. He also worked for the railroad and farmed. Dale enjoyed farming, coon hunting, playing cards, watching his sons play softball and was an avid Chicago Cubs baseball fan. Most of all, Dale treasured spending time with his grandchildren.
Dale will be dearly missed by his wife, Gayle, of Miles; two daughters, Tracy (Ken) Notz of Clinton, Iowa, and Carrie Lathrop of Sabula, Iowa; three sons, Marty (Dayleen) Daniels of Grand Mound, Iowa, Shaun (Amanda) Daniels of DeWitt, Iowa, and Mitchell (Tara) Daniels of Welton, Iowa; twelve grandchildren and one future granddaughter due in December of 2012; one brother, Jerry (Bonnie) Daniels of Miles; four sisters, Marilyn Williams of Maquoketa, Beverly Wylie of Maquoketa, Myrna (Darrell) Kaczinski of Delmar, Iowa, and Judy (Dale) Pataska of Miles; four sisters-in-law, Marion Daniels of Preston, Iowa, Arlene Daniels of Green Island, Emily Daniels of Maquoketa and Louann Daniels of Green Island.
Dale was preceded in death by his parents; six brothers, Milton, Donnie, Clifford, Norbert, Arlo and Jack; and three sisters, Doris Behn, Karen Daniels and Darlene Daniels.
Death date: Aug. 25, 2012
April 8, 1944 - Aug. 25, 2012
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- More Obituaries Headlines