April 8, 1944 - Aug. 25, 2012
Dale Arnold Daniels, age 68, of Miles, Iowa, died on Saturday, August 25, 2012, at his home surrounded by his loving family.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, August 29, 2012, at the Green Island Congregational Church, Green Island, Iowa. Burial will take place in Reeseville Cemetery, rural Miles, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, August 28, 2012, at the Miller-Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston, Iowa. A memorial fund has been established in Dale’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Dale was born on April 8, 1944, the son of Leslie and Mavis (Baker) Daniels in Sabula, Iowa. He married Gayle Putman on September 30, 1967, in Bellevue, Iowa. Dale worked at the Lorrain Foundry in Maquoketa, Iowa. He also worked for the railroad and farmed. Dale enjoyed farming, coon hunting, playing cards, watching his sons play softball and was an avid Chicago Cubs baseball fan. Most of all, Dale treasured spending time with his grandchildren.
Dale will be dearly missed by his wife, Gayle, of Miles; two daughters, Tracy (Ken) Notz of Clinton, Iowa, and Carrie Lathrop of Sabula, Iowa; three sons, Marty (Dayleen) Daniels of Grand Mound, Iowa, Shaun (Amanda) Daniels of DeWitt, Iowa, and Mitchell (Tara) Daniels of Welton, Iowa; twelve grandchildren and one future granddaughter due in December of 2012; one brother, Jerry (Bonnie) Daniels of Miles; four sisters, Marilyn Williams of Maquoketa, Beverly Wylie of Maquoketa, Myrna (Darrell) Kaczinski of Delmar, Iowa, and Judy (Dale) Pataska of Miles; four sisters-in-law, Marion Daniels of Preston, Iowa, Arlene Daniels of Green Island, Emily Daniels of Maquoketa and Louann Daniels of Green Island.
Dale was preceded in death by his parents; six brothers, Milton, Donnie, Clifford, Norbert, Arlo and Jack; and three sisters, Doris Behn, Karen Daniels and Darlene Daniels.
Death date: Aug. 25, 2012
April 8, 1944 - Aug. 25, 2012
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines