FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 19, 1925 - Aug. 25, 2012
Elmer E. Vander Eide, 87, of Fulton, died Saturday at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, August 29, 2012, at the First Christian Reformed Church in Fulton with the Rev. Philip Stel, pastor of First Christian Reformed Church in Fulton, officiating. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, August 28, 2012, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to First Christian Reformed Church, Fulton, and the Parkinsons Disease Foundation.
He was born January 19, 1925, in Garden Plain, Ill., to Hilcoe and Flora (Bonneur) Vander Eide.
Elmer was educated in the Garden Plain School of rural Fulton.
He married Alberta J. Kramer on August 24, 1948, in Garden Plain; she died February 21, 2002.
Elmer farmed along with his wife, Alberta, in the Garden Plain area.
Elmer was a member of the First Christian Reformed Church and served as elder and deacon. Elmer enjoyed animals and working with cattle and hogs, especially calves and baby pigs. He also enjoyed the outdoors and the wonder of nature and God’s creation.
Survivors include two daughters, Sharon Pruis of Morrison, Ill., and Susan (Paul) Klount of Morrison; two sons, Arlyn (Mary Sue) Vander Eide of Fulton and Roland (Lynda) Vander Eide of Fulton; ten grandchildren; twelve great-grandchildren; one sister, Jeanette Schaver of Morrison; one sister-in-law, Jessie Vander Eide of Morrison; and one brother, Carl (Wilma) Vander Eide of Fulton.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, Alberta; one sister, Marian Newendyke; two brothers, Clarence Vander Eide and Orin Vander Eide.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Aug. 25, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 19, 1925 - Aug. 25, 2012
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines