FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 19, 1925 - Aug. 25, 2012
Elmer E. Vander Eide, 87, of Fulton, died Saturday at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, August 29, 2012, at the First Christian Reformed Church in Fulton with the Rev. Philip Stel, pastor of First Christian Reformed Church in Fulton, officiating. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, August 28, 2012, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to First Christian Reformed Church, Fulton, and the Parkinsons Disease Foundation.
He was born January 19, 1925, in Garden Plain, Ill., to Hilcoe and Flora (Bonneur) Vander Eide.
Elmer was educated in the Garden Plain School of rural Fulton.
He married Alberta J. Kramer on August 24, 1948, in Garden Plain; she died February 21, 2002.
Elmer farmed along with his wife, Alberta, in the Garden Plain area.
Elmer was a member of the First Christian Reformed Church and served as elder and deacon. Elmer enjoyed animals and working with cattle and hogs, especially calves and baby pigs. He also enjoyed the outdoors and the wonder of nature and God’s creation.
Survivors include two daughters, Sharon Pruis of Morrison, Ill., and Susan (Paul) Klount of Morrison; two sons, Arlyn (Mary Sue) Vander Eide of Fulton and Roland (Lynda) Vander Eide of Fulton; ten grandchildren; twelve great-grandchildren; one sister, Jeanette Schaver of Morrison; one sister-in-law, Jessie Vander Eide of Morrison; and one brother, Carl (Wilma) Vander Eide of Fulton.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, Alberta; one sister, Marian Newendyke; two brothers, Clarence Vander Eide and Orin Vander Eide.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Aug. 25, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 19, 1925 - Aug. 25, 2012
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines