FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 19, 1925 - Aug. 25, 2012
Elmer E. Vander Eide, 87, of Fulton, died Saturday at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, August 29, 2012, at the First Christian Reformed Church in Fulton with the Rev. Philip Stel, pastor of First Christian Reformed Church in Fulton, officiating. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, August 28, 2012, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to First Christian Reformed Church, Fulton, and the Parkinsons Disease Foundation.
He was born January 19, 1925, in Garden Plain, Ill., to Hilcoe and Flora (Bonneur) Vander Eide.
Elmer was educated in the Garden Plain School of rural Fulton.
He married Alberta J. Kramer on August 24, 1948, in Garden Plain; she died February 21, 2002.
Elmer farmed along with his wife, Alberta, in the Garden Plain area.
Elmer was a member of the First Christian Reformed Church and served as elder and deacon. Elmer enjoyed animals and working with cattle and hogs, especially calves and baby pigs. He also enjoyed the outdoors and the wonder of nature and God’s creation.
Survivors include two daughters, Sharon Pruis of Morrison, Ill., and Susan (Paul) Klount of Morrison; two sons, Arlyn (Mary Sue) Vander Eide of Fulton and Roland (Lynda) Vander Eide of Fulton; ten grandchildren; twelve great-grandchildren; one sister, Jeanette Schaver of Morrison; one sister-in-law, Jessie Vander Eide of Morrison; and one brother, Carl (Wilma) Vander Eide of Fulton.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, Alberta; one sister, Marian Newendyke; two brothers, Clarence Vander Eide and Orin Vander Eide.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Aug. 25, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 19, 1925 - Aug. 25, 2012
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines