April 30, 1924 - Aug. 25, 2012
Alvin P. Jacobsen, 88, of Clinton, died Saturday, August 25, 2012, at the Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday, August 29, 2012, at Ascension Lutheran Church, Goose Lake. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery with military honors being conducted by the Miles American Legion. Serving as pallbearers will be his grandchildren. Serving as honorary pallbearers will be the Goose Lake Lions Club. Visitation will be Tuesday from 3 to 7 p.m. at Ascension Lutheran Church. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory is in charge of arrangements.
Alvin Peter Jacobsen was born on April 30, 1924, in Jackson County, Iowa, the son of Jurgen and Helene (Seifert) Jacobsen. He married Gladys Schult on December 15, 1946, in Davenport, Iowa.
Alvin was a 1942 graduate of Clinton High School. He served in the United States Army 13th Air Corps for two years in the South Pacific during World War II.
Alvin farmed for 48 years retiring in 1996. He also worked as a millwright at Clinton Corn from 1942-1948.
Alvin was one of the founding members of Ascension Lutheran Church in Goose Lake, a member of the Clinton County Cattlemen’s Association, the Miles American Legion, a charter member of the Goose Lake Lions Club, a board member and past president of Preston Mutual, and a board member of Community Bank in Preston. He was also apart of the reorganization committee that consolidated the current Northeast Community School District in 1962.
Alvin is survived by his wife, Gladys, of Clinton; one daughter, Karen (Jim) Bruhn of Miles, Iowa; four sons: Dennis Jacobsen of Stanwood, Iowa, David (Tammy) Jacobsen of Clinton, Iowa, Mark (Peg) Jacobsen of Clinton, Iowa, and Loran (Teresa) Jacobsen of Goose Lake, Iowa; six grandchildren: Karlynn Miller, Stacy Waddell, Aaron Schaefer, Caley Jacobsen, Lee Jacobsen and Matthew Jacobsen, four great-grandchildren. He was also the godfather of John Crow and Diane (Harvey) Marten.
Alvin was preceded in death by his parents; his daughter, Joyce; and a grandson, Andrew Jacobsen.
The family requests that memorials be made to the Goose Lake Lions Club or Ascension Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Aug. 25, 2012
April 30, 1924 - Aug. 25, 2012
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines