April 30, 1924 - Aug. 25, 2012
Alvin P. Jacobsen, 88, of Clinton, died Saturday, August 25, 2012, at the Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday, August 29, 2012, at Ascension Lutheran Church, Goose Lake. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery with military honors being conducted by the Miles American Legion. Serving as pallbearers will be his grandchildren. Serving as honorary pallbearers will be the Goose Lake Lions Club. Visitation will be Tuesday from 3 to 7 p.m. at Ascension Lutheran Church. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory is in charge of arrangements.
Alvin Peter Jacobsen was born on April 30, 1924, in Jackson County, Iowa, the son of Jurgen and Helene (Seifert) Jacobsen. He married Gladys Schult on December 15, 1946, in Davenport, Iowa.
Alvin was a 1942 graduate of Clinton High School. He served in the United States Army 13th Air Corps for two years in the South Pacific during World War II.
Alvin farmed for 48 years retiring in 1996. He also worked as a millwright at Clinton Corn from 1942-1948.
Alvin was one of the founding members of Ascension Lutheran Church in Goose Lake, a member of the Clinton County Cattlemen’s Association, the Miles American Legion, a charter member of the Goose Lake Lions Club, a board member and past president of Preston Mutual, and a board member of Community Bank in Preston. He was also apart of the reorganization committee that consolidated the current Northeast Community School District in 1962.
Alvin is survived by his wife, Gladys, of Clinton; one daughter, Karen (Jim) Bruhn of Miles, Iowa; four sons: Dennis Jacobsen of Stanwood, Iowa, David (Tammy) Jacobsen of Clinton, Iowa, Mark (Peg) Jacobsen of Clinton, Iowa, and Loran (Teresa) Jacobsen of Goose Lake, Iowa; six grandchildren: Karlynn Miller, Stacy Waddell, Aaron Schaefer, Caley Jacobsen, Lee Jacobsen and Matthew Jacobsen, four great-grandchildren. He was also the godfather of John Crow and Diane (Harvey) Marten.
Alvin was preceded in death by his parents; his daughter, Joyce; and a grandson, Andrew Jacobsen.
The family requests that memorials be made to the Goose Lake Lions Club or Ascension Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Aug. 25, 2012
April 30, 1924 - Aug. 25, 2012
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks