China, Texas —
Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes
May 20, 1930-Oct. 8, 2012
CHINA, Texas — Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes, 82, of China, died Monday, October 8, 2012, at Beaumont Healthcare Center.
Services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, October 13, 2012, at the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, October 12, 2012, at the Church of the Visitation where a 6:30 p.m. vigil service will be conducted. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, with full military honors.
Pallbearers and honorary pallbearers will be grandchildren and spouses: Alicia Clark, Denise and Scott Shepard, Elisabeth Clark, Megan Kershner, Ricky Goynes, Jerry and Dallas Cartee, Tabatha and Danny Ahlers, Amber Goynes, Chase Goynes, Jesse Goynes, Summer Goynes, Stephanie Goynes, Ryan and Melissa Goynes, Candace and Nick Capuano, Hallie Brantley, Brooke Brantley, Maddy Goynes, Justin Mussman, and Ashley and Nate Fuller. The Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.
He was born on May 20, 1930, in Cavite, Philippines, to Rosie King Goynes and George A. Goynes. He married Carolyn Henry on January 9, 1954, in Orange, TX; she died September 17, 1994. He later married Jane Leger on April 26, 1997, in China, TX.
Ray was a prisoner of war when he was a child during World War II. After the war, he moved back to southeast Texas and graduated from Lutcher Stark High School in Orange. He was a United States Marine Corps veteran having served in the Korean War where he received the Purple Heart.
He worked for DuPont in Orange for twenty-one years, ultimately retiring from Quantum Petrochemical Company as a production maintenance supervisor in Clinton, Iowa. He also worked in Basra, Iraq, with Lummus from 1979 to 1980 prior to moving back to Camanche and retiring from Chemplex/Quantum. After his retirement, he moved back to southeast Texas in 1995.
Ray is survived by his wife, Jane Leger Goynes; daughters, Sandy Clark of Clinton, Iowa, and Tina Mussman and her husband, Jeff, of Camanche, Iowa; sons, Rick Goynes and his wife, Marya, of Clinton, Iowa; Paul Goynes and his wife, Paula, of Grapevine; Phil Goynes and his wife, Jan, of Pearland; and Tim Goynes of San Francisco, California; stepsons, Bart Leger and his wife, Joline, of China; Jeffery Leger and his wife, Lucille; and Lawrence Leger and his wife, Kelly, all of Beaumont; and Ross Leger and his wife, Nan, of Poth; stepdaughters, Christine Voan and her husband, Bob, of China; Lisa Doguet and her husband, Mike, of Nome; Sheila Golson and her husband, Kyle, of Kingwood; and Stephanie Padgett and her husband, James, of China; sister, Irene Middlebrooks of Bridge City; brothers, Fred Goynes of San Antonio and Larry Goynes of Cave Junction, Oregon; thirty-nine grandchildren; thirty-two great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
He is preceded in death by his first wife, Carolyn Goynes; brothers, George Goynes and Charles Goynes; sister, Lillian Goynes; and son-in-law, Denny Clark.
Death date: Oct. 8, 2012
China, Texas —
Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines