China, Texas —
Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes
May 20, 1930-Oct. 8, 2012
CHINA, Texas — Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes, 82, of China, died Monday, October 8, 2012, at Beaumont Healthcare Center.
Services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, October 13, 2012, at the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, October 12, 2012, at the Church of the Visitation where a 6:30 p.m. vigil service will be conducted. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, with full military honors.
Pallbearers and honorary pallbearers will be grandchildren and spouses: Alicia Clark, Denise and Scott Shepard, Elisabeth Clark, Megan Kershner, Ricky Goynes, Jerry and Dallas Cartee, Tabatha and Danny Ahlers, Amber Goynes, Chase Goynes, Jesse Goynes, Summer Goynes, Stephanie Goynes, Ryan and Melissa Goynes, Candace and Nick Capuano, Hallie Brantley, Brooke Brantley, Maddy Goynes, Justin Mussman, and Ashley and Nate Fuller. The Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.
He was born on May 20, 1930, in Cavite, Philippines, to Rosie King Goynes and George A. Goynes. He married Carolyn Henry on January 9, 1954, in Orange, TX; she died September 17, 1994. He later married Jane Leger on April 26, 1997, in China, TX.
Ray was a prisoner of war when he was a child during World War II. After the war, he moved back to southeast Texas and graduated from Lutcher Stark High School in Orange. He was a United States Marine Corps veteran having served in the Korean War where he received the Purple Heart.
He worked for DuPont in Orange for twenty-one years, ultimately retiring from Quantum Petrochemical Company as a production maintenance supervisor in Clinton, Iowa. He also worked in Basra, Iraq, with Lummus from 1979 to 1980 prior to moving back to Camanche and retiring from Chemplex/Quantum. After his retirement, he moved back to southeast Texas in 1995.
Ray is survived by his wife, Jane Leger Goynes; daughters, Sandy Clark of Clinton, Iowa, and Tina Mussman and her husband, Jeff, of Camanche, Iowa; sons, Rick Goynes and his wife, Marya, of Clinton, Iowa; Paul Goynes and his wife, Paula, of Grapevine; Phil Goynes and his wife, Jan, of Pearland; and Tim Goynes of San Francisco, California; stepsons, Bart Leger and his wife, Joline, of China; Jeffery Leger and his wife, Lucille; and Lawrence Leger and his wife, Kelly, all of Beaumont; and Ross Leger and his wife, Nan, of Poth; stepdaughters, Christine Voan and her husband, Bob, of China; Lisa Doguet and her husband, Mike, of Nome; Sheila Golson and her husband, Kyle, of Kingwood; and Stephanie Padgett and her husband, James, of China; sister, Irene Middlebrooks of Bridge City; brothers, Fred Goynes of San Antonio and Larry Goynes of Cave Junction, Oregon; thirty-nine grandchildren; thirty-two great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
He is preceded in death by his first wife, Carolyn Goynes; brothers, George Goynes and Charles Goynes; sister, Lillian Goynes; and son-in-law, Denny Clark.
Death date: Oct. 8, 2012
China, Texas —
Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines