China, Texas —
Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes
May 20, 1930-Oct. 8, 2012
CHINA, Texas — Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes, 82, of China, died Monday, October 8, 2012, at Beaumont Healthcare Center.
Services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, October 13, 2012, at the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, October 12, 2012, at the Church of the Visitation where a 6:30 p.m. vigil service will be conducted. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, with full military honors.
Pallbearers and honorary pallbearers will be grandchildren and spouses: Alicia Clark, Denise and Scott Shepard, Elisabeth Clark, Megan Kershner, Ricky Goynes, Jerry and Dallas Cartee, Tabatha and Danny Ahlers, Amber Goynes, Chase Goynes, Jesse Goynes, Summer Goynes, Stephanie Goynes, Ryan and Melissa Goynes, Candace and Nick Capuano, Hallie Brantley, Brooke Brantley, Maddy Goynes, Justin Mussman, and Ashley and Nate Fuller. The Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.
He was born on May 20, 1930, in Cavite, Philippines, to Rosie King Goynes and George A. Goynes. He married Carolyn Henry on January 9, 1954, in Orange, TX; she died September 17, 1994. He later married Jane Leger on April 26, 1997, in China, TX.
Ray was a prisoner of war when he was a child during World War II. After the war, he moved back to southeast Texas and graduated from Lutcher Stark High School in Orange. He was a United States Marine Corps veteran having served in the Korean War where he received the Purple Heart.
He worked for DuPont in Orange for twenty-one years, ultimately retiring from Quantum Petrochemical Company as a production maintenance supervisor in Clinton, Iowa. He also worked in Basra, Iraq, with Lummus from 1979 to 1980 prior to moving back to Camanche and retiring from Chemplex/Quantum. After his retirement, he moved back to southeast Texas in 1995.
Ray is survived by his wife, Jane Leger Goynes; daughters, Sandy Clark of Clinton, Iowa, and Tina Mussman and her husband, Jeff, of Camanche, Iowa; sons, Rick Goynes and his wife, Marya, of Clinton, Iowa; Paul Goynes and his wife, Paula, of Grapevine; Phil Goynes and his wife, Jan, of Pearland; and Tim Goynes of San Francisco, California; stepsons, Bart Leger and his wife, Joline, of China; Jeffery Leger and his wife, Lucille; and Lawrence Leger and his wife, Kelly, all of Beaumont; and Ross Leger and his wife, Nan, of Poth; stepdaughters, Christine Voan and her husband, Bob, of China; Lisa Doguet and her husband, Mike, of Nome; Sheila Golson and her husband, Kyle, of Kingwood; and Stephanie Padgett and her husband, James, of China; sister, Irene Middlebrooks of Bridge City; brothers, Fred Goynes of San Antonio and Larry Goynes of Cave Junction, Oregon; thirty-nine grandchildren; thirty-two great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
He is preceded in death by his first wife, Carolyn Goynes; brothers, George Goynes and Charles Goynes; sister, Lillian Goynes; and son-in-law, Denny Clark.
Death date: Oct. 8, 2012
China, Texas —
Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines