China, Texas —
Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes
May 20, 1930-Oct. 8, 2012
CHINA, Texas — Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes, 82, of China, died Monday, October 8, 2012, at Beaumont Healthcare Center.
Services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, October 13, 2012, at the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, October 12, 2012, at the Church of the Visitation where a 6:30 p.m. vigil service will be conducted. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, with full military honors.
Pallbearers and honorary pallbearers will be grandchildren and spouses: Alicia Clark, Denise and Scott Shepard, Elisabeth Clark, Megan Kershner, Ricky Goynes, Jerry and Dallas Cartee, Tabatha and Danny Ahlers, Amber Goynes, Chase Goynes, Jesse Goynes, Summer Goynes, Stephanie Goynes, Ryan and Melissa Goynes, Candace and Nick Capuano, Hallie Brantley, Brooke Brantley, Maddy Goynes, Justin Mussman, and Ashley and Nate Fuller. The Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.
He was born on May 20, 1930, in Cavite, Philippines, to Rosie King Goynes and George A. Goynes. He married Carolyn Henry on January 9, 1954, in Orange, TX; she died September 17, 1994. He later married Jane Leger on April 26, 1997, in China, TX.
Ray was a prisoner of war when he was a child during World War II. After the war, he moved back to southeast Texas and graduated from Lutcher Stark High School in Orange. He was a United States Marine Corps veteran having served in the Korean War where he received the Purple Heart.
He worked for DuPont in Orange for twenty-one years, ultimately retiring from Quantum Petrochemical Company as a production maintenance supervisor in Clinton, Iowa. He also worked in Basra, Iraq, with Lummus from 1979 to 1980 prior to moving back to Camanche and retiring from Chemplex/Quantum. After his retirement, he moved back to southeast Texas in 1995.
Ray is survived by his wife, Jane Leger Goynes; daughters, Sandy Clark of Clinton, Iowa, and Tina Mussman and her husband, Jeff, of Camanche, Iowa; sons, Rick Goynes and his wife, Marya, of Clinton, Iowa; Paul Goynes and his wife, Paula, of Grapevine; Phil Goynes and his wife, Jan, of Pearland; and Tim Goynes of San Francisco, California; stepsons, Bart Leger and his wife, Joline, of China; Jeffery Leger and his wife, Lucille; and Lawrence Leger and his wife, Kelly, all of Beaumont; and Ross Leger and his wife, Nan, of Poth; stepdaughters, Christine Voan and her husband, Bob, of China; Lisa Doguet and her husband, Mike, of Nome; Sheila Golson and her husband, Kyle, of Kingwood; and Stephanie Padgett and her husband, James, of China; sister, Irene Middlebrooks of Bridge City; brothers, Fred Goynes of San Antonio and Larry Goynes of Cave Junction, Oregon; thirty-nine grandchildren; thirty-two great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
He is preceded in death by his first wife, Carolyn Goynes; brothers, George Goynes and Charles Goynes; sister, Lillian Goynes; and son-in-law, Denny Clark.
Death date: Oct. 8, 2012
China, Texas —
Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- Donald A. Lass Donald A. Lass Jan. 4, 1937 - March 3, 2014 CLINTON -- Donald A. Lass took his Savior's hand and stepped into paradise early Monday morning, March 3, 2014, his father's birthday, after succumbing to long-term effects of Parkinson's disease. Cremation
- Martin 'Marty' Fritz LANARK, Ill. -- Martin "Marty" Fritz, 89, of Lanark, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna, Ill. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at the First Brethren Church in Lanark, with Pastor E. C. Lathrop officiating. Military rit
- Richard S. “Dick” Lewandowski, Jr.
- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal OMAHA, Neb. -- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal, 71, of Omaha, died Feb. 13. Memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. March 29 with Captain Allen Otto officiating the service at the Salvation Army Citadel, 219 First Ave., with a luncheon to follow at the
- James L. 'Jamie' Yarolem BALDWIN -- James L. "Jamie" Yarolem, 48, of Baldwin, died Sunday at his mother's home in rural Baldwin. Friends and family may gather in remembrance on Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Cremation has taken p
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen