FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 1, 1956 - Oct. 14, 2012
Jean M. Hand, 56, of Fulton, died Sunday, October 14, 2012, at the Rock Falls Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, Rock Falls, Ill., after a courageous fight with cancer.
There will be no visitation. At her request, her body has been donated to the deeded body program of the University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa.
A memorial service and Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, October 27, 2012, at the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton followed by a celebration of life at Manny’s Too in Fulton. The Rev. Father David Austin, pastor of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton, will be officiating. The Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Memorials may be made to the Clinton animal shelter.
She was born January 1, 1956, in Clinton to Thomas J. and Margaret (Enwright) Hand.
Jean was educated in the Fulton Grade Schools and was a 1974 graduate of Fulton High School.
Jean was employed by the former Gene’s Tap in Fulton.
Jean was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton. Jean’s interest and passion was her relationship with family and friends, especially her nieces, nephews and great-niece. She was known as an animal lover.
Survivors include her father, Thomas (Barbara) Hand of Fulton; one sister, Peggy Hand of Prescott Valley, AZ; two brothers, Mike (Karen) Hand of Fulton and Jim Hand of Fulton; two nieces, Katie Hand of Scottsbluff, NE, and Roane Hand of Fulton; two nephews, Nick Hand of Decatur, IL, and Thomas Hand of Fulton; one grand niece, Madalynn Hand; one aunt, Rosalie of Thomson, IL; many cousins; and a special friend, John Nelson.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Margaret; and one sister-in-law, Maila Tollstam.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Oct. 14, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 1, 1956 - Oct. 14, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines