FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 1, 1956 - Oct. 14, 2012
Jean M. Hand, 56, of Fulton, died Sunday, October 14, 2012, at the Rock Falls Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, Rock Falls, Ill., after a courageous fight with cancer.
There will be no visitation. At her request, her body has been donated to the deeded body program of the University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa.
A memorial service and Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, October 27, 2012, at the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton followed by a celebration of life at Manny’s Too in Fulton. The Rev. Father David Austin, pastor of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton, will be officiating. The Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Memorials may be made to the Clinton animal shelter.
She was born January 1, 1956, in Clinton to Thomas J. and Margaret (Enwright) Hand.
Jean was educated in the Fulton Grade Schools and was a 1974 graduate of Fulton High School.
Jean was employed by the former Gene’s Tap in Fulton.
Jean was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton. Jean’s interest and passion was her relationship with family and friends, especially her nieces, nephews and great-niece. She was known as an animal lover.
Survivors include her father, Thomas (Barbara) Hand of Fulton; one sister, Peggy Hand of Prescott Valley, AZ; two brothers, Mike (Karen) Hand of Fulton and Jim Hand of Fulton; two nieces, Katie Hand of Scottsbluff, NE, and Roane Hand of Fulton; two nephews, Nick Hand of Decatur, IL, and Thomas Hand of Fulton; one grand niece, Madalynn Hand; one aunt, Rosalie of Thomson, IL; many cousins; and a special friend, John Nelson.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Margaret; and one sister-in-law, Maila Tollstam.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Oct. 14, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 1, 1956 - Oct. 14, 2012
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines