FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 1, 1956 - Oct. 14, 2012
Jean M. Hand, 56, of Fulton, died Sunday, October 14, 2012, at the Rock Falls Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, Rock Falls, Ill., after a courageous fight with cancer.
There will be no visitation. At her request, her body has been donated to the deeded body program of the University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa.
A memorial service and Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, October 27, 2012, at the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton followed by a celebration of life at Manny’s Too in Fulton. The Rev. Father David Austin, pastor of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton, will be officiating. The Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Memorials may be made to the Clinton animal shelter.
She was born January 1, 1956, in Clinton to Thomas J. and Margaret (Enwright) Hand.
Jean was educated in the Fulton Grade Schools and was a 1974 graduate of Fulton High School.
Jean was employed by the former Gene’s Tap in Fulton.
Jean was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton. Jean’s interest and passion was her relationship with family and friends, especially her nieces, nephews and great-niece. She was known as an animal lover.
Survivors include her father, Thomas (Barbara) Hand of Fulton; one sister, Peggy Hand of Prescott Valley, AZ; two brothers, Mike (Karen) Hand of Fulton and Jim Hand of Fulton; two nieces, Katie Hand of Scottsbluff, NE, and Roane Hand of Fulton; two nephews, Nick Hand of Decatur, IL, and Thomas Hand of Fulton; one grand niece, Madalynn Hand; one aunt, Rosalie of Thomson, IL; many cousins; and a special friend, John Nelson.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Margaret; and one sister-in-law, Maila Tollstam.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Oct. 14, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 1, 1956 - Oct. 14, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines