FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 1, 1956 - Oct. 14, 2012
Jean M. Hand, 56, of Fulton, died Sunday, October 14, 2012, at the Rock Falls Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, Rock Falls, Ill., after a courageous fight with cancer.
There will be no visitation. At her request, her body has been donated to the deeded body program of the University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa.
A memorial service and Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, October 27, 2012, at the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton followed by a celebration of life at Manny’s Too in Fulton. The Rev. Father David Austin, pastor of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton, will be officiating. The Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Memorials may be made to the Clinton animal shelter.
She was born January 1, 1956, in Clinton to Thomas J. and Margaret (Enwright) Hand.
Jean was educated in the Fulton Grade Schools and was a 1974 graduate of Fulton High School.
Jean was employed by the former Gene’s Tap in Fulton.
Jean was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton. Jean’s interest and passion was her relationship with family and friends, especially her nieces, nephews and great-niece. She was known as an animal lover.
Survivors include her father, Thomas (Barbara) Hand of Fulton; one sister, Peggy Hand of Prescott Valley, AZ; two brothers, Mike (Karen) Hand of Fulton and Jim Hand of Fulton; two nieces, Katie Hand of Scottsbluff, NE, and Roane Hand of Fulton; two nephews, Nick Hand of Decatur, IL, and Thomas Hand of Fulton; one grand niece, Madalynn Hand; one aunt, Rosalie of Thomson, IL; many cousins; and a special friend, John Nelson.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Margaret; and one sister-in-law, Maila Tollstam.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Oct. 14, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 1, 1956 - Oct. 14, 2012
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines