FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 1, 1956 - Oct. 14, 2012
Jean M. Hand, 56, of Fulton, died Sunday, October 14, 2012, at the Rock Falls Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, Rock Falls, Ill., after a courageous fight with cancer.
There will be no visitation. At her request, her body has been donated to the deeded body program of the University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa.
A memorial service and Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, October 27, 2012, at the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton followed by a celebration of life at Manny’s Too in Fulton. The Rev. Father David Austin, pastor of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton, will be officiating. The Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Memorials may be made to the Clinton animal shelter.
She was born January 1, 1956, in Clinton to Thomas J. and Margaret (Enwright) Hand.
Jean was educated in the Fulton Grade Schools and was a 1974 graduate of Fulton High School.
Jean was employed by the former Gene’s Tap in Fulton.
Jean was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton. Jean’s interest and passion was her relationship with family and friends, especially her nieces, nephews and great-niece. She was known as an animal lover.
Survivors include her father, Thomas (Barbara) Hand of Fulton; one sister, Peggy Hand of Prescott Valley, AZ; two brothers, Mike (Karen) Hand of Fulton and Jim Hand of Fulton; two nieces, Katie Hand of Scottsbluff, NE, and Roane Hand of Fulton; two nephews, Nick Hand of Decatur, IL, and Thomas Hand of Fulton; one grand niece, Madalynn Hand; one aunt, Rosalie of Thomson, IL; many cousins; and a special friend, John Nelson.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Margaret; and one sister-in-law, Maila Tollstam.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Oct. 14, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
Jan. 1, 1956 - Oct. 14, 2012
- Geffrey E. Galloway Geffrey E. Galloway March 11, 1950 - March 6, 2014 MECHANICSVILLE -- Geffrey E. Galloway, 63, died March 6, 2014 in his Mechanicsville home. Visitation/open house for Geff will be from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 13 at Fry Funeral Home in Ti
- William Wagner THOMSON, Ill. -- William Wagner, 90, of Thomson, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Thomson. Burial with military rites will take place at Lower York C
- Richard N. Varner Richard N. Varner May 29, 1929 - March 9, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center South Campus. Honoring his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Funeral services will be Thursday,
- James C. Thyne James C. Thyne Feb. 19, 1952 - March 10, 2014 CLINTON -- James C. Thyne, age 62, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 10, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, March 15th, at Prince of Peace Par
- Alberta J. Wiebenga MORRISON, Ill. -- Alberta J. Wiebenga, 82, of Morrison, died Monday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home with Ken Renkes, director of Congrega
- Bernice Bartels DELMAR -- Bernice Bartels, 93, of Delmar, died Tuesday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at th
- Michael Scott Lord Michael Scott Lord June 10, 1964 - March 9, 2014 SIKESTON, Mo. -- Michael Scott Lord, age 49, formerly of Maysville, was born June 10, 1964 and passed away March 9, 2014 in Sikeston, Missouri. Michael was a graduate of Maysville High School and Misso
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- More Obituaries Headlines