In Loving Memory - 1934 - 2012
Ronald E. McIntyre, 78, of Clinton, Iowa, died after a brief illness on Thursday, October 25, 2012, surrounded by his family who would like to celebrate his life with a memorial service at the Snell-Zornig Funeral Home on Sunday, October 28, 2012, from 2 to 4 p.m.
Ron was born August 19, 1934, in Fairhaven, New York, to Elwyn and Marion (Miles) McIntyre. He was a graduate of Red Creek Central High School. From 1952 to 1956, Ron served in the military including a tour of duty in the Korean Conflict. Following his military service, Ron graduated in 1962 from the New York State Teacher’s College, Oswego, NY. After his graduation, he taught AP Math and Science for the college. Ron later worked in the technical training department at General Electric. In 1964 he was contracted to NASA in Houston, Texas, where he worked on the Apollo Project. In 1967, Ron became a human resource officer at Equistar Chemical in Clinton until his retirement in 1999. He loved Clinton and was very active in the community, volunteering, fundraising, and serving on the board of directors for many organizations.
May 4, 1957, he married his lifelong partner, Rhea Jane (RJ) Northrop. During their 55 years of marriage, they raised six children and logged thousands of hours watching their 15 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren do just about everything. His family was his greatest source of joy and he took hundreds of thousands of pictures to preserve his memories. After he retired, he turned his garage into a woodworking shop where he made his family memories to cherish.
Survivors include his wife, Rhea; daughters, Rhonda (Kurt) McIntyre-Hubbart of Clinton; Rene (Dan) Holmes of Clinton and Ursula (Darin) McEleney of Cleveland, OH; son, Jeffrey (Lorri) McIntyre of Indianapolis, Indiana; 15 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; sister, Jean Bass of Sanford, FL; sister, Lillian Roberts of Sanford, FL; brothers, Allen (Linda) McIntyre of Little Rock, Arkansas and Harold (Peggy) McIntyre of DeLand, FL; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his two daughters, Narda Pingle and Lisa Carlson, and his parents.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the Genesis Hospice.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Oct. 25, 2012
In Loving Memory - 1934 - 2012
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- Donald Hamstra August 19, 1920- December 6, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Donald Hamstra, 93, Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison, died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison. The funeral will be 2:00 P.M., Monday, December 9
- Leslie "Bud" Chandler August 29th, 1924 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Leslie "Bud" Chandler, 89, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Medical Center - North on Dec. 5, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 9th at Lemke Funer
- More Obituaries Headlines