In Loving Memory - 1934 - 2012
Ronald E. McIntyre, 78, of Clinton, Iowa, died after a brief illness on Thursday, October 25, 2012, surrounded by his family who would like to celebrate his life with a memorial service at the Snell-Zornig Funeral Home on Sunday, October 28, 2012, from 2 to 4 p.m.
Ron was born August 19, 1934, in Fairhaven, New York, to Elwyn and Marion (Miles) McIntyre. He was a graduate of Red Creek Central High School. From 1952 to 1956, Ron served in the military including a tour of duty in the Korean Conflict. Following his military service, Ron graduated in 1962 from the New York State Teacher’s College, Oswego, NY. After his graduation, he taught AP Math and Science for the college. Ron later worked in the technical training department at General Electric. In 1964 he was contracted to NASA in Houston, Texas, where he worked on the Apollo Project. In 1967, Ron became a human resource officer at Equistar Chemical in Clinton until his retirement in 1999. He loved Clinton and was very active in the community, volunteering, fundraising, and serving on the board of directors for many organizations.
May 4, 1957, he married his lifelong partner, Rhea Jane (RJ) Northrop. During their 55 years of marriage, they raised six children and logged thousands of hours watching their 15 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren do just about everything. His family was his greatest source of joy and he took hundreds of thousands of pictures to preserve his memories. After he retired, he turned his garage into a woodworking shop where he made his family memories to cherish.
Survivors include his wife, Rhea; daughters, Rhonda (Kurt) McIntyre-Hubbart of Clinton; Rene (Dan) Holmes of Clinton and Ursula (Darin) McEleney of Cleveland, OH; son, Jeffrey (Lorri) McIntyre of Indianapolis, Indiana; 15 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; sister, Jean Bass of Sanford, FL; sister, Lillian Roberts of Sanford, FL; brothers, Allen (Linda) McIntyre of Little Rock, Arkansas and Harold (Peggy) McIntyre of DeLand, FL; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his two daughters, Narda Pingle and Lisa Carlson, and his parents.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the Genesis Hospice.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Oct. 25, 2012
In Loving Memory - 1934 - 2012
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines