In Loving Memory - 1934 - 2012
Ronald E. McIntyre, 78, of Clinton, Iowa, died after a brief illness on Thursday, October 25, 2012, surrounded by his family who would like to celebrate his life with a memorial service at the Snell-Zornig Funeral Home on Sunday, October 28, 2012, from 2 to 4 p.m.
Ron was born August 19, 1934, in Fairhaven, New York, to Elwyn and Marion (Miles) McIntyre. He was a graduate of Red Creek Central High School. From 1952 to 1956, Ron served in the military including a tour of duty in the Korean Conflict. Following his military service, Ron graduated in 1962 from the New York State Teacher’s College, Oswego, NY. After his graduation, he taught AP Math and Science for the college. Ron later worked in the technical training department at General Electric. In 1964 he was contracted to NASA in Houston, Texas, where he worked on the Apollo Project. In 1967, Ron became a human resource officer at Equistar Chemical in Clinton until his retirement in 1999. He loved Clinton and was very active in the community, volunteering, fundraising, and serving on the board of directors for many organizations.
May 4, 1957, he married his lifelong partner, Rhea Jane (RJ) Northrop. During their 55 years of marriage, they raised six children and logged thousands of hours watching their 15 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren do just about everything. His family was his greatest source of joy and he took hundreds of thousands of pictures to preserve his memories. After he retired, he turned his garage into a woodworking shop where he made his family memories to cherish.
Survivors include his wife, Rhea; daughters, Rhonda (Kurt) McIntyre-Hubbart of Clinton; Rene (Dan) Holmes of Clinton and Ursula (Darin) McEleney of Cleveland, OH; son, Jeffrey (Lorri) McIntyre of Indianapolis, Indiana; 15 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; sister, Jean Bass of Sanford, FL; sister, Lillian Roberts of Sanford, FL; brothers, Allen (Linda) McIntyre of Little Rock, Arkansas and Harold (Peggy) McIntyre of DeLand, FL; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his two daughters, Narda Pingle and Lisa Carlson, and his parents.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the Genesis Hospice.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Oct. 25, 2012
In Loving Memory - 1934 - 2012
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines