In Loving Memory - 1934 - 2012
Ronald E. McIntyre, 78, of Clinton, Iowa, died after a brief illness on Thursday, October 25, 2012, surrounded by his family who would like to celebrate his life with a memorial service at the Snell-Zornig Funeral Home on Sunday, October 28, 2012, from 2 to 4 p.m.
Ron was born August 19, 1934, in Fairhaven, New York, to Elwyn and Marion (Miles) McIntyre. He was a graduate of Red Creek Central High School. From 1952 to 1956, Ron served in the military including a tour of duty in the Korean Conflict. Following his military service, Ron graduated in 1962 from the New York State Teacher’s College, Oswego, NY. After his graduation, he taught AP Math and Science for the college. Ron later worked in the technical training department at General Electric. In 1964 he was contracted to NASA in Houston, Texas, where he worked on the Apollo Project. In 1967, Ron became a human resource officer at Equistar Chemical in Clinton until his retirement in 1999. He loved Clinton and was very active in the community, volunteering, fundraising, and serving on the board of directors for many organizations.
May 4, 1957, he married his lifelong partner, Rhea Jane (RJ) Northrop. During their 55 years of marriage, they raised six children and logged thousands of hours watching their 15 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren do just about everything. His family was his greatest source of joy and he took hundreds of thousands of pictures to preserve his memories. After he retired, he turned his garage into a woodworking shop where he made his family memories to cherish.
Survivors include his wife, Rhea; daughters, Rhonda (Kurt) McIntyre-Hubbart of Clinton; Rene (Dan) Holmes of Clinton and Ursula (Darin) McEleney of Cleveland, OH; son, Jeffrey (Lorri) McIntyre of Indianapolis, Indiana; 15 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; sister, Jean Bass of Sanford, FL; sister, Lillian Roberts of Sanford, FL; brothers, Allen (Linda) McIntyre of Little Rock, Arkansas and Harold (Peggy) McIntyre of DeLand, FL; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his two daughters, Narda Pingle and Lisa Carlson, and his parents.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the Genesis Hospice.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Oct. 25, 2012
In Loving Memory - 1934 - 2012
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines