In Loving Memory - 1934 - 2012
Ronald E. McIntyre, 78, of Clinton, Iowa, died after a brief illness on Thursday, October 25, 2012, surrounded by his family who would like to celebrate his life with a memorial service at the Snell-Zornig Funeral Home on Sunday, October 28, 2012, from 2 to 4 p.m.
Ron was born August 19, 1934, in Fairhaven, New York, to Elwyn and Marion (Miles) McIntyre. He was a graduate of Red Creek Central High School. From 1952 to 1956, Ron served in the military including a tour of duty in the Korean Conflict. Following his military service, Ron graduated in 1962 from the New York State Teacher’s College, Oswego, NY. After his graduation, he taught AP Math and Science for the college. Ron later worked in the technical training department at General Electric. In 1964 he was contracted to NASA in Houston, Texas, where he worked on the Apollo Project. In 1967, Ron became a human resource officer at Equistar Chemical in Clinton until his retirement in 1999. He loved Clinton and was very active in the community, volunteering, fundraising, and serving on the board of directors for many organizations.
May 4, 1957, he married his lifelong partner, Rhea Jane (RJ) Northrop. During their 55 years of marriage, they raised six children and logged thousands of hours watching their 15 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren do just about everything. His family was his greatest source of joy and he took hundreds of thousands of pictures to preserve his memories. After he retired, he turned his garage into a woodworking shop where he made his family memories to cherish.
Survivors include his wife, Rhea; daughters, Rhonda (Kurt) McIntyre-Hubbart of Clinton; Rene (Dan) Holmes of Clinton and Ursula (Darin) McEleney of Cleveland, OH; son, Jeffrey (Lorri) McIntyre of Indianapolis, Indiana; 15 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; sister, Jean Bass of Sanford, FL; sister, Lillian Roberts of Sanford, FL; brothers, Allen (Linda) McIntyre of Little Rock, Arkansas and Harold (Peggy) McIntyre of DeLand, FL; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his two daughters, Narda Pingle and Lisa Carlson, and his parents.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the Genesis Hospice.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Oct. 25, 2012
In Loving Memory - 1934 - 2012
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines