Sept. 11, 1937 - Aug. 16, 2012
Arlene Kae Haring, 74, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, August 16, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Monday, August 20, 2012, at Chancy Lutheran Church with Rev. Fred Schauer officiating. Burial will follow in the Elvira Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be James McDonnell, Nicholas Block, Chase Rockrohr, Cole Rockrohr; Larry McDonnell, Jeff Block, Kevin Rockrohr, and Duncan Grinstead. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
Arlene Kae Johns was born on September 11, 1937, in Calamus, Iowa, the daughter of Harry and Marie (Schwartz) Johns. She married James R. Haring on November 18, 1956, at Elvira Zion Lutheran Church.
Arlene was a 1955 graduate of Elvira High School where she was in most sports. She was the captain of her basketball team her senior year and the Homecoming queen.
Arlene worked at Clinton National Bank for 15 years and retired from JT Cullen in 1998.
Arlene was a member of Chancy Lutheran Church, active and past president in Credit Women International, also past president of the Big River Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America. She was an avid bowler for many years.
Arlene is survived by her husband, Jim, of Clinton; daughters: Joni (Larry) McDonnell of Clinton, Susan (Jeff) Block of Grayslake, IL, and Nancy (Kevin) Rockrohr of Sabula; four grandsons: James (Casey) McDonnell, Chase Rockrohr, Cole Rockrohr and Nick Block; two granddaughters, Katrina (Duncan) Grinstead, Kelsey Block; three great-grandchildren: Alexia Grinstead, Zachary McDonnell and Zoey McDonnell; two sisters, Joann Adams of Mesa, Arizona, and Sharon (Tom) Powell of Camanche; one brother, Marvin (Barbara) Johns of Prescott, Arizona; and sister-in-law: Joanne Cravero of Moline, Il.
She was preceded in death by her parents; three brothers, Robert, Fay and Richard Johns; and one sister, Roxanna Johns.
The family requests that memorials be made to Chancy Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Aug. 16, 2012
Sept. 11, 1937 - Aug. 16, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines