Sept. 11, 1937 - Aug. 16, 2012
Arlene Kae Haring, 74, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, August 16, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Monday, August 20, 2012, at Chancy Lutheran Church with Rev. Fred Schauer officiating. Burial will follow in the Elvira Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be James McDonnell, Nicholas Block, Chase Rockrohr, Cole Rockrohr; Larry McDonnell, Jeff Block, Kevin Rockrohr, and Duncan Grinstead. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
Arlene Kae Johns was born on September 11, 1937, in Calamus, Iowa, the daughter of Harry and Marie (Schwartz) Johns. She married James R. Haring on November 18, 1956, at Elvira Zion Lutheran Church.
Arlene was a 1955 graduate of Elvira High School where she was in most sports. She was the captain of her basketball team her senior year and the Homecoming queen.
Arlene worked at Clinton National Bank for 15 years and retired from JT Cullen in 1998.
Arlene was a member of Chancy Lutheran Church, active and past president in Credit Women International, also past president of the Big River Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America. She was an avid bowler for many years.
Arlene is survived by her husband, Jim, of Clinton; daughters: Joni (Larry) McDonnell of Clinton, Susan (Jeff) Block of Grayslake, IL, and Nancy (Kevin) Rockrohr of Sabula; four grandsons: James (Casey) McDonnell, Chase Rockrohr, Cole Rockrohr and Nick Block; two granddaughters, Katrina (Duncan) Grinstead, Kelsey Block; three great-grandchildren: Alexia Grinstead, Zachary McDonnell and Zoey McDonnell; two sisters, Joann Adams of Mesa, Arizona, and Sharon (Tom) Powell of Camanche; one brother, Marvin (Barbara) Johns of Prescott, Arizona; and sister-in-law: Joanne Cravero of Moline, Il.
She was preceded in death by her parents; three brothers, Robert, Fay and Richard Johns; and one sister, Roxanna Johns.
The family requests that memorials be made to Chancy Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Aug. 16, 2012
Sept. 11, 1937 - Aug. 16, 2012
- Lois M. Thomsen ClintonLois M. ThomsenLois M. Thomsen, 85, of Clinton died Friday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Robert A. Naeve ClintonRobert A. NaeveRobert A. Naeve, 81, of Clinton, died Thursday at the Alverno Health Care facility.Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Elizabeth Lee 'Dolly' Kunde MaquoketaElizabeth Lee ‘Dolly’ KundeElizabeth Lee “Dolly” Kunde, 69, of Maquoketa, died Thursday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa.Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Linda Kay Schnoor Linda Kay SchnoorMay 20, 1945 - July 29, 2014IOWA CITY — Linda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, Iowa passed away on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Cremation rites have been accorded with a prayer and remembrance c
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines