Sept. 11, 1937 - Aug. 16, 2012
Arlene Kae Haring, 74, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, August 16, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Monday, August 20, 2012, at Chancy Lutheran Church with Rev. Fred Schauer officiating. Burial will follow in the Elvira Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be James McDonnell, Nicholas Block, Chase Rockrohr, Cole Rockrohr; Larry McDonnell, Jeff Block, Kevin Rockrohr, and Duncan Grinstead. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
Arlene Kae Johns was born on September 11, 1937, in Calamus, Iowa, the daughter of Harry and Marie (Schwartz) Johns. She married James R. Haring on November 18, 1956, at Elvira Zion Lutheran Church.
Arlene was a 1955 graduate of Elvira High School where she was in most sports. She was the captain of her basketball team her senior year and the Homecoming queen.
Arlene worked at Clinton National Bank for 15 years and retired from JT Cullen in 1998.
Arlene was a member of Chancy Lutheran Church, active and past president in Credit Women International, also past president of the Big River Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America. She was an avid bowler for many years.
Arlene is survived by her husband, Jim, of Clinton; daughters: Joni (Larry) McDonnell of Clinton, Susan (Jeff) Block of Grayslake, IL, and Nancy (Kevin) Rockrohr of Sabula; four grandsons: James (Casey) McDonnell, Chase Rockrohr, Cole Rockrohr and Nick Block; two granddaughters, Katrina (Duncan) Grinstead, Kelsey Block; three great-grandchildren: Alexia Grinstead, Zachary McDonnell and Zoey McDonnell; two sisters, Joann Adams of Mesa, Arizona, and Sharon (Tom) Powell of Camanche; one brother, Marvin (Barbara) Johns of Prescott, Arizona; and sister-in-law: Joanne Cravero of Moline, Il.
She was preceded in death by her parents; three brothers, Robert, Fay and Richard Johns; and one sister, Roxanna Johns.
The family requests that memorials be made to Chancy Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Aug. 16, 2012
Sept. 11, 1937 - Aug. 16, 2012
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines