Sept. 11, 1937 - Aug. 16, 2012
Arlene Kae Haring, 74, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, August 16, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Monday, August 20, 2012, at Chancy Lutheran Church with Rev. Fred Schauer officiating. Burial will follow in the Elvira Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be James McDonnell, Nicholas Block, Chase Rockrohr, Cole Rockrohr; Larry McDonnell, Jeff Block, Kevin Rockrohr, and Duncan Grinstead. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
Arlene Kae Johns was born on September 11, 1937, in Calamus, Iowa, the daughter of Harry and Marie (Schwartz) Johns. She married James R. Haring on November 18, 1956, at Elvira Zion Lutheran Church.
Arlene was a 1955 graduate of Elvira High School where she was in most sports. She was the captain of her basketball team her senior year and the Homecoming queen.
Arlene worked at Clinton National Bank for 15 years and retired from JT Cullen in 1998.
Arlene was a member of Chancy Lutheran Church, active and past president in Credit Women International, also past president of the Big River Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America. She was an avid bowler for many years.
Arlene is survived by her husband, Jim, of Clinton; daughters: Joni (Larry) McDonnell of Clinton, Susan (Jeff) Block of Grayslake, IL, and Nancy (Kevin) Rockrohr of Sabula; four grandsons: James (Casey) McDonnell, Chase Rockrohr, Cole Rockrohr and Nick Block; two granddaughters, Katrina (Duncan) Grinstead, Kelsey Block; three great-grandchildren: Alexia Grinstead, Zachary McDonnell and Zoey McDonnell; two sisters, Joann Adams of Mesa, Arizona, and Sharon (Tom) Powell of Camanche; one brother, Marvin (Barbara) Johns of Prescott, Arizona; and sister-in-law: Joanne Cravero of Moline, Il.
She was preceded in death by her parents; three brothers, Robert, Fay and Richard Johns; and one sister, Roxanna Johns.
The family requests that memorials be made to Chancy Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Aug. 16, 2012
Sept. 11, 1937 - Aug. 16, 2012
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines