June 24, 1953 - Feb. 18, 2013
Russell L. Coons, 59, of Maquoketa, died Monday, February 18, 2013, at his home.
Funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, February 25, 2013, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Maquoketa. Family and friends may call from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Lahey Funeral Home in Maquoketa. Rosary will be at 6 p.m.
Russell L. Coons was born June 24, 1953, in Great Lakes, Illinois, to Robert and Georgie Jean (Russell) Coons. On December 9, 2009, he was united in marriage to Linda Shanahan in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Russell was a forklift operator and material handler at Rock Island Arsenal. He was in the United States Navy from 1974-1976. He loved his corvette and attending Blues concerts. He enjoyed his cat, Gracie.
Russell is survived by his wife, Linda, of Maquoketa; his mother, Georgie Jean Coons of Maquoketa; two stepchildren, Cody Shanahan and fiancé Rachel Goodnight of Davenport, Brandy (Joe) Crawford of Coralville, three stepgrandchildren Jenna, Rian, and Makenna; sister, Cynthia (Kevin) Cone of Storm Lake and their children, Kylor (Jamie) Cone, Nolan Cone, sister; JoMarie Wells of Alta and her children Abby, Alison, Zoe; brother, Randy Coons and his fiance Tara Flemming of Davenport and his son Ryan Coons.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.laheys.com.
Death date: Feb. 18, 2013
June 24, 1953 - Feb. 18, 2013
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines