June 24, 1953 - Feb. 18, 2013
Russell L. Coons, 59, of Maquoketa, died Monday, February 18, 2013, at his home.
Funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, February 25, 2013, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Maquoketa. Family and friends may call from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Lahey Funeral Home in Maquoketa. Rosary will be at 6 p.m.
Russell L. Coons was born June 24, 1953, in Great Lakes, Illinois, to Robert and Georgie Jean (Russell) Coons. On December 9, 2009, he was united in marriage to Linda Shanahan in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Russell was a forklift operator and material handler at Rock Island Arsenal. He was in the United States Navy from 1974-1976. He loved his corvette and attending Blues concerts. He enjoyed his cat, Gracie.
Russell is survived by his wife, Linda, of Maquoketa; his mother, Georgie Jean Coons of Maquoketa; two stepchildren, Cody Shanahan and fiancé Rachel Goodnight of Davenport, Brandy (Joe) Crawford of Coralville, three stepgrandchildren Jenna, Rian, and Makenna; sister, Cynthia (Kevin) Cone of Storm Lake and their children, Kylor (Jamie) Cone, Nolan Cone, sister; JoMarie Wells of Alta and her children Abby, Alison, Zoe; brother, Randy Coons and his fiance Tara Flemming of Davenport and his son Ryan Coons.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.laheys.com.
Death date: Feb. 18, 2013
June 24, 1953 - Feb. 18, 2013
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- Donald A. Lass Donald A. Lass Jan. 4, 1937 - March 3, 2014 CLINTON -- Donald A. Lass took his Savior's hand and stepped into paradise early Monday morning, March 3, 2014, his father's birthday, after succumbing to long-term effects of Parkinson's disease. Cremation
- Martin 'Marty' Fritz LANARK, Ill. -- Martin "Marty" Fritz, 89, of Lanark, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna, Ill. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at the First Brethren Church in Lanark, with Pastor E. C. Lathrop officiating. Military rit
- Richard S. “Dick” Lewandowski, Jr.
- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal OMAHA, Neb. -- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal, 71, of Omaha, died Feb. 13. Memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. March 29 with Captain Allen Otto officiating the service at the Salvation Army Citadel, 219 First Ave., with a luncheon to follow at the
- James L. 'Jamie' Yarolem BALDWIN -- James L. "Jamie" Yarolem, 48, of Baldwin, died Sunday at his mother's home in rural Baldwin. Friends and family may gather in remembrance on Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Cremation has taken p
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen