CEDAR RAPIDS —
Dec. 4, 1936 - Feb. 20, 2013
Joanne H. Koza, 76, of Cedar Rapids, died Wednesday February 20, 2013, at her home after a short illness. Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday at Westminster Presbyterian Church. The Rev. Emory Gillespie will officiate. Entombment at Cedar Memorial Park Cemetery. Friends may call at the Cedar Memorial Park Funeral Home from 5 to 7 p.m. on Monday and at the church after 10 a.m. on Tuesday.
Survivors include her husband, Edward; a daughter, Amy (Larry) Tubbs of Springville; a son, Todd (Cathy) of Cedar Rapids; and two brothers, Dwain (Corky) Bruhn and Eugene (Faith) Bruhn all of Miles. She is also survived by two grandchildren, Taylor and Alyssa as well as nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Joanne was born on December 4, 1936, in Clinton and later graduated with a BA degree from Cornell College. She married Edward J. Koza on August 18, 1963, in Miles. Joanne was a very dedicated teacher, respected by both her students and colleagues. She taught business education at La Salle High School for many years. When LaSalle closed, she became a substitute teacher and taught at many of the local schools in Cedar Rapids and Marion.
Joanne was a faithful member of Westminster Presbyterian Church as well as many local organizations.
Joanne was a wonderful wife, mother and grandmother. Her memory will be cherished by all who knew and loved her.
In lieu of flowers a memorial has been established. Please leave a message or tribute to the Joanne’s family on our web page, www.cedarmemorial.com under obituaries.
Death date: Feb. 20, 2013
CEDAR RAPIDS —
Dec. 4, 1936 - Feb. 20, 2013
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines