CEDAR RAPIDS —
Dec. 4, 1936 - Feb. 20, 2013
Joanne H. Koza, 76, of Cedar Rapids, died Wednesday February 20, 2013, at her home after a short illness. Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday at Westminster Presbyterian Church. The Rev. Emory Gillespie will officiate. Entombment at Cedar Memorial Park Cemetery. Friends may call at the Cedar Memorial Park Funeral Home from 5 to 7 p.m. on Monday and at the church after 10 a.m. on Tuesday.
Survivors include her husband, Edward; a daughter, Amy (Larry) Tubbs of Springville; a son, Todd (Cathy) of Cedar Rapids; and two brothers, Dwain (Corky) Bruhn and Eugene (Faith) Bruhn all of Miles. She is also survived by two grandchildren, Taylor and Alyssa as well as nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Joanne was born on December 4, 1936, in Clinton and later graduated with a BA degree from Cornell College. She married Edward J. Koza on August 18, 1963, in Miles. Joanne was a very dedicated teacher, respected by both her students and colleagues. She taught business education at La Salle High School for many years. When LaSalle closed, she became a substitute teacher and taught at many of the local schools in Cedar Rapids and Marion.
Joanne was a faithful member of Westminster Presbyterian Church as well as many local organizations.
Joanne was a wonderful wife, mother and grandmother. Her memory will be cherished by all who knew and loved her.
In lieu of flowers a memorial has been established. Please leave a message or tribute to the Joanne’s family on our web page, www.cedarmemorial.com under obituaries.
Death date: Feb. 20, 2013
CEDAR RAPIDS —
Dec. 4, 1936 - Feb. 20, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines