CEDAR RAPIDS —
Dec. 4, 1936 - Feb. 20, 2013
Joanne H. Koza, 76, of Cedar Rapids, died Wednesday February 20, 2013, at her home after a short illness. Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday at Westminster Presbyterian Church. The Rev. Emory Gillespie will officiate. Entombment at Cedar Memorial Park Cemetery. Friends may call at the Cedar Memorial Park Funeral Home from 5 to 7 p.m. on Monday and at the church after 10 a.m. on Tuesday.
Survivors include her husband, Edward; a daughter, Amy (Larry) Tubbs of Springville; a son, Todd (Cathy) of Cedar Rapids; and two brothers, Dwain (Corky) Bruhn and Eugene (Faith) Bruhn all of Miles. She is also survived by two grandchildren, Taylor and Alyssa as well as nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Joanne was born on December 4, 1936, in Clinton and later graduated with a BA degree from Cornell College. She married Edward J. Koza on August 18, 1963, in Miles. Joanne was a very dedicated teacher, respected by both her students and colleagues. She taught business education at La Salle High School for many years. When LaSalle closed, she became a substitute teacher and taught at many of the local schools in Cedar Rapids and Marion.
Joanne was a faithful member of Westminster Presbyterian Church as well as many local organizations.
Joanne was a wonderful wife, mother and grandmother. Her memory will be cherished by all who knew and loved her.
In lieu of flowers a memorial has been established. Please leave a message or tribute to the Joanne’s family on our web page, www.cedarmemorial.com under obituaries.
Death date: Feb. 20, 2013
CEDAR RAPIDS —
Dec. 4, 1936 - Feb. 20, 2013
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines